Urban Meyer stepping down after Rose Bowl

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe anyone actually believes or has argued what you propose. Self admittedly, I aint been around here long enough to say you aren't correct ...
It started as soon as he got hired at OSU. I'm sorry you weren't around to see it, it was a real delight back in those days. Combined with all the understandable moaning about Muschamp, the place became almost unbearable. This was back in the Gatorsports days. Then one day a new fella named Brad came on the board and changed things forever, but I digress.

In any case it was not uncommon for these conspiracy theorists, (we called them "jilted lovers" at the time), to provide the most elaborate details of a plan Urban Meyer had hatched with the help of his family and doctors, that would spring him comfortably from our humble burg and into the waiting arms of the OSU faithful. Some of them were quite complex and amusing, and all of them overlooked the fact that all he really had to do was resign the job here and apply for another the next day, thus avoiding all the scheming, secret handshakes, etc. that were alleged.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It started as soon as he got hired at OSU. I'm sorry you weren't around to see it, it was a real delight back in those days. Combined with all the understandable moaning about Muschamp, the place became almost unbearable. This was back in the Gatorsports days. Then one day a new fella named Brad came on the board and changed things forever, but I digress.

In any case it was not uncommon for these conspiracy theorists, (we called them "jilted lovers" at the time), to provide the most elaborate details of a plan Urban Meyer had hatched with the help of his family and doctors, that would spring him comfortably from our humble burg and into the waiting arms of the OSU faithful. Some of them were quite complex and amusing, and all of them overlooked the fact that all he really had to do was resign the job here and apply for another the next day, thus avoiding all the scheming, secret handshakes, etc. that were alleged.

So why bring it up now? I don't see anyone even remotely close to suggesting what you say happened 7-8 years ago.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So why bring it up now?
I posted that to annoy you, obviously.

BTW, I remember you once claimed that Meyer had a "salty dick." That was years ago, but I've never brought that up. I'm very selective about things I post here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly, Meyer hasn't won an NC without those guys, even though he's 44-6 since Herman departed.
Jordan never won a ring without Pippen. Does that somehow take away from Jordan's greatness?

To me, when Meyer went to OSU with a completely new staff and won a NC (beating Bama in the process), that put to bed any of the questions about his coaching greatness.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Jordan never won a ring without Pippen. Does that somehow take away from Jordan's greatness?

To me, when Meyer went to OSU with a completely new staff and won a NC (beating Bama in the process), that put to bed any of the questions about his coaching greatness.
I think you should shutdown the board for 1 day in honor of your fallen hero....is your Bucknut apparel Lying in State as I write this...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I posted that to annoy you, obviously.

BTW, I remember you once claimed that Meyer had a "salty dick." That was years ago, but I've never brought that up. I'm very selective about things I post here.

How would I know what if his d!ck is salty ... you'd have to take it out of your mouth for anyone else to verify it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly, Meyer hasn't won an NC without those guys, even though he's 44-6 since Herman departed.

Of course Mullen and Herman owe their careers to Urban, no doubt about it. I'm sure they would both say the same thing. No one is questioning this.
I appreciate what you are saying but disagree wholeheartedly. Meyer just wins no matter who was on his staff. You are cherry picking two coordinators. No worries. Go Gators.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Meyer would have never won without those guys...LOL. Both owe their careers to Urban. He's just a winner(and a scumbag).
Really, what a foolish sentiment. He won a nattie at OSH without either. Please, all this ridiculous rot being put out by "scorned" croud.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Teebow?
Tebough?
Tebeaux?

How the hell do you misspell Tebow?

Long time ago but I think it was Teabow...... Almost lost my Gator Fan Card over that one!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That bothers me as well. But I am curious. With all the grammatical errors on the board, what criterion do you use to decide which to correct?

OX says he loves everybody........ that's obviously not factual.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How would I know what if his d!ck is salty ... you'd have to take it out of your mouth for anyone else to verify it.
Actually, there's an external test that's just as accurate. You place the semen in a bowl next a bowl of clam chowder and take a spoonful of each blindfolded. Sodium content is generally the same.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, there's an external test that's just as accurate. You place the semen in a bowl next a bowl of clam chowder and take a spoonful of each blindfolded. Sodium content is generally the same.

but you only finished one bowl, they gave the rest of the chowder to the kids.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
but you only finished one bowl, they gave the rest of the chowder to the kids.
0e3f29dbf5e56558b60a02b76147892a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator