Urban Meyer stepping down after Rose Bowl

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
How about an answer instead of your stupid images? What is "out of control" at OSU right now?

looking-up.gif

78 covered it much more eloquently than I could have.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I freely admit Meyer is a drama queen and a weirdo. I've never said otherwise. It doesn't seem to matter one damn bit when the ball is kicked off - he just wins.
Never an argument there. Hell, I'd take him back. Just stop acting like such a priss.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Things aren't out of control at OSU and they sure as hell weren't out of control at UF either when he left. We just needed to hire the right guy and failed miserably. Time will tell if OSU is making the same mistake.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dunno. That offense is putting up pinball numbers. Day probably is a better offensive mind than Mullen. Now, can he manage a team?

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Can I repost the improved version without a vacation??

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
You guys kill me. What is "out of control" at OSU right now? Give me a specific answer.
You have to admit that being placed on administrative leave for a month which ultimately led to a three game suspension, Meyer's strange interviews and apology in relation to the domestic abuse allegations, the loss to Purdue and the struggles against Nebraska and Indiana had OSU on the ropes until the Michigan win. There is no doubt this was a tumultuous season for Urban no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You have to admit that being placed on administrative leave for a month which ultimately led to a three game suspension, Meyer's strange interviews and apology in relation to the domestic abuse allegations, the loss to Purdue and the struggles against Nebraska and Indiana had OSU on the ropes until the Michigan win. There is no doubt this was a tumultuous season for Urban no matter how anyone tries to spin it.
Some drama, no doubt. They still have a chance to end with a spectacular major bowl win and recruiting is strong. This new coach has no excuses. None.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some drama, no doubt. They still have a chance to end with a spectacular major bowl win and recruiting is strong. This new coach has no excuses. None.
He leaves them in great shape. He's built an offensive juggernaut. Haskins is his Cam Newton without the side show. They'll be in the thick of it next season.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The wife is a Washington grad and we're going to the Rose bowl and now I get to see Urban's last college game allegedly.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Imo Meyer will die due to health issues within 2 years. Hope I'm wrong but coaching keeps him going. He's looked terrible these last few weeks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Haskins is going pro. He's a top 10 pick
Could be. Not sure. Quarterbacks with that few college starts often don't fare well in the NFL. That may weigh on his decision. He came on strong at the end of the season but had moments of inconsistency earlier in the year.

He is a great athlete, no doubt.

Geez, I just pulled up CBS' 2019 mock draft. Polite picked to go to Green Bay at #13. That definitely caught my eye.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
So where too next? ND seems far fetched unless Kelly craters, what does Herman have to do to keep Urbie from taking his job? not seeing him out west.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator