US Atty in Boston has unsealed indictments against at least 47 in college admissions scandal

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So, in addition to a federal charge of wire fraud (could be 20 years in federal lock-up), income tax evasion may be on the table? Reopen Alcatraz I say. So stupid.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I hear that some coaches control admissions, at UF that is never the case. In fact SOS got in trouble for complaining that a player he wanted was not admitted a long time ago.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Well it seems that so far this was about sports that don't always award full scholarships. Not everybody on the women's soccer or rowing team is on scholarship. So they could hide them much easier. Once they got to college they probably said I don't think I can participate in the sport, my coursework is taking too much of my time.

leogator

May 5, 2018
For those that are trying to inject politics into this, and in the interest of fair and balanced reporting, the current resident of the White House also had a foundation that is under investigation for shenanigans. I am all for investigating all of these stupid foundations and charities that are nothing but an excuse to pay high salaries to the foundation CEOs with other people's money.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
This may end up being the most intriguing part of this case. When this guy cooperates, and you know he'll cooperate, he could have a large impact on college football as he is probably in a position to know about cheating to get recruits eligible. Down the road, we may feel fortunate UF hasn't signed any IMG guys.
May be why we're not able to sign IMG guys.

Jun 2, 2015
This is a real slap in the face to those students who have studied long and hard and taken the SAT's numerous times, etc. in order to get the best score. My grandson got a 1380 score and while not genius level, no dummy either and he earned every point himself. He is in the 2nd semester of his freshman year and made the President's list the first semester - all A's.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Youre out of youre fvkking mind. USCw is a community college, on par with Clown Town and ASU. I dont care what their fake stats say. They are probably counting people who didnt bother to complete applications in their reject numbers, which is no dount a significant portion of you lazy Californians.
You're dumber than you look donkey and this time you're just plain moronic speaking out of your azz as usual. I have two son's in High school college prep so I know what I'm talking about. Trust me, a jackass like you couldn't get into USC in 1000 tries.

Like it or not, national rank, average GPA average test scores, percent of applicant admitted is highly competitive and actually significantly higher than UF, my alma mater where I got both my undergrad and graduate degree.

But I'm sure you'll just keep spouting random retarded BS, because you know, that's what you do.

Fake stats? What a dumbazz lol.

USC #22 in National Universities (tie with UC Berkeley)
  1. University of Southern California
    Los Angeles, CA

mini-badge-color.svg

#22 in National Universities (tie)

16 user reviews ?
    Undergraduates study in the College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences at the University of Southern California, a private school based in Los Angeles. The USC Trojans compete in the NCAA Division I Pac-12 Conference and are particularly competitive in football.more

$56,225 Tuition and Fees
    19,170 Undergraduate Enrollment
    SAT, GPA and more

Complete Guide: University of Florida SAT Scores and GPA
This Year's USC SAT Scores and GPA

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
You're dumber than you look donkey and this time you're just plain moronic speaking out of your azz as usual. I have two son's in High school college prep so I know what I'm talking about. Trust me, a jackass like you couldn't get into USC in 1000 tries.

Like it or not, national rank, average GPA average test scores, percent of applicant admitted is highly competitive and actually significantly higher than UF, my alma mater where I got both my undergrad and graduate degree.

But I'm sure you'll just keep spouting random retarded BS, because you know, that's what you do.

Los Angeles, CA

mini-badge-color.svg

16 user reviews ?
    Undergraduates study in the College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences at the University of Southern California, a private school based in Los Angeles. The USC Trojans compete in the NCAA Division I Pac-12 Conference and are particularly competitive in football.more

$56,225 Tuition and Fees
    SAT, GPA and more

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Los Angeles, CA

mini-badge-color.svg

16 user reviews ?

$56,225 Tuition and Fees
    SAT, GPA and more

No offense brah, but I don't believe any stats that come out of California. Just sayin...

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
A million dollar bond for Laughlin, ayfkm. Insane. I tried to get outraged over this, but had a bourbon instead.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Los Angeles, CA

mini-badge-color.svg

16 user reviews ?

$56,225 Tuition and Fees
    SAT, GPA and more

Yes, fake stats. Your link even says they didn’t know UFs avg GPA. It was 4.45 weighted for the class that just got accepted and avg ACT was 31

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How is this any different than the elite football and basketball players getting a full ride into college when those guys cant even spell their names?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How is this any different than the elite football and basketball players getting a full ride into college when those guys cant even spell their names?

It’s not. This is one of the biggest cases of fake outrage I’ve ever seen.

Everybody here is acting like this is something new. Politicians and wealthy people have done this since we’ve been a country.

And poor, barely literate athletes have been allowed in so that they can exploited for fiscal gain by the universities.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Again, I have the corrective action for all of this. No recruiting until the class is admitted without any special admissions. All athletic scholarships reviewed by a third party auditor to ensure all athletes have grades/test scores/EC evaluations higher than the lowest non-athlete admitted. Students first, athletics as recreation.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always thought it was quid pro quo for an extremely wealthy individual to make a hefty donation to a university to get their kid admitted. :dunno:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
No offense brah, but I don't believe any stats that come out of California. Just sayin...
Who knows, you could be right that all these schools cheat and lie. When you have places like Yale, Stanford, UNC, even Harvard caught up in academic fraud scandles, I don’t trust a single one of them.

All I do know is California is a bad place to try to get into a good school if you are white or Asian because you are discriminated against. The number of applicants is insane and was up like 6% in just 1 yr in 2018.

Like I told Donkey, fuk USC, 57,000 a year to go to school in a gangster ghetto. I read one document that said USC only uses an unadjusted GPA where 4.0 is the highest you can have so in other words you don’t get credit for honors and AP. I wonder who that benefits? I’ll give you a clue, the same students who aren’t paying tuition anyway. They love first in a family to go to college and don’t care what country you see as home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.