US Atty in Boston has unsealed indictments against at least 47 in college admissions scandal

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Again, I have the corrective action for all of this. No recruiting until the class is admitted without any special admissions. All athletic scholarships reviewed by a third party auditor to ensure all athletes have grades/test scores/EC evaluations higher than the lowest non-athlete admitted. Students first, athletics as recreation.

Why? A lot of athletes come from poor, non educated backgrounds. Just gives them a chance at an education. And it gives the college a chance to exploit them to make money.

Win-Win.

Who cares if a bunch of rich people pay their way to get into college. It’s always happened.

It’s mainly an issue because they’re federally funded so the FBI has to get involved.

Just get rid of all federal loans and scholarships. That will reduce the cost of tuition and allow for more plebeians like myself to afford college.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Oh God.....Lori Loughlin might have just overtaken Jenn Anniston for my #1 milf :giggity:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WHO THE FCUK NEEDS TO CHEAT TO GET INTO USC???

Not Stanford, not UCLA...USC.

USC.

C'mon man.

How dumb are your kids???

Alex.

Not sure this particular one is a crime. My understanding is that the only entrance requirements for USC are a pulse and about $200-250k anyway so what’s the problem? A lot of people don’t understand that UCLA is a top ten school while USC is a school in California

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How is this any different than the elite football and basketball players getting a full ride into college when those guys cant even spell their names?

It’s different because the majority of athletes are minorities and they are entitled

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Well this blows the lid off the story I sold to my son, I told him that his academic performance had no bearing on his UF acceptance.
It was always my legacy and the cold hard $100 a gave to the College of Arts and Sciences. At least I didn't have to pay for a fake photo of him crewing on Lake Alice.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
And poor, barely literate athletes have been allowed in so that they can exploited for fiscal gain by the universities.

I was with you until this statement.

Free tuition and books, room & board, athletic facilities, coaching, S & C, and medical care... whether they’re NFL quality or not.

Do the engineering or business majors get all that?

I don’t shed a tear for the athletes unless the school clearly screws them (injury during their final bowl game).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was with you until this statement.

Free tuition and books, room & board, athletic facilities, coaching, S & C, and medical care... whether they’re NFL quality or not.

Do the engineering or business majors get all that?

I don’t shed a tear for the athletes unless the school clearly screws them (injury during their final bowl game).

You should read the next post I put down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.