Vacationing Dan aka Quitter Dan

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he's done better than expected in big games. Hes only played a couple and we lost more than we won. 1-2 against dwags. Lost to aTm, lost to bama, got our sht pushed in by trailerhoma. We've win against FSU and Tennessee but they are absolute dumpsterfires. He beat a 4 loss Virgina team and a sad harbaugh coached Michigan team in a bowl. That literally sums up his big game success.

Woof...

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I don't think he's done better than expected in big games. Hes only played a couple and we lost more than we won. 1-2 against dwags. Lost to aTm, lost to bama, got our sht pushed in by trailerhoma. We've win against FSU and Tennessee but they are absolute dumpsterfires. He beat a 4 loss Virgina team and a sad harbaugh coached Michigan team in a bowl. That literally sums up his big game success.

Woof...

Beat #5 LSU (finished #6 in final AP ranking) in 2018.
Beat #7 Auburn (finished #14 in final AP ranking) in 2019.

Both those wins propelled us to Top 10 rankings by the end of the year and the Auburn game had the GameDay crew in town.

I'm no Mullen apologist, but those were big wins he should get credit for.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm no Mullen apologist, but those were big wins he should get credit for.
We re fuchsing Florida.

No, he gets no credit for Zooking and OCCASIONALLY beating a mediocre team with a walkon QB or something.

Thise games are a given at Trailerbammer or Florida. We arent fuchsing Kintucky or Cow Bell.

And he gets zero credit for being the second worse recruiter in modern Gator history.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
We re fuchsing Florida.

No, he gets no credit for Zooking and OCCASIONALLY beating a mediocre team with a walkon QB or something.

Thise games are a given at Trailerbammer or Florida. We arent fuchsing Kintucky or Cow Bell.

And he gets zero credit for being the second worse recruiter in modern Gator history.

The QB for the LSU team Mullen beat was a #1 draft pick and playing in the NFL right now.

Bo Nix was a freshman and played like one in our matchup--but had beaten #11 Oregon in his first start before later beating #17 Texas A&M on the road.

You're right: Mullen's being paid millions of dollars to beat Top 10 opponents--especially at home. I don't think it makes him elite by any stretch of the imagination; but it deserves to be mentioned as part of his tenure here. No more, no less.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1-3 each year isnt an achievement (and that is without a slightly functional Clown Town).

It is what should get you sent to a geographic school in Michigan.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
1-3 each year isnt an achievement (and that is without a slightly functional Clown Town).

It is what should get you sent to a geographic school in Michigan.

Again: I'm not a fan of Mullen's and have spoken *against* the raise/extension today earlier in the thread. Stop trying to fight windmills that don't don't exist.

Fact is: Mullen's flaws are plainly evident by now and we all see them. I don't think he's going to be our coach in 3 years and I don't think we'll win a national championship with him. One can acknowledge all that and still give credit where credit's due: and winning Top 10 matchups at home is what he's here to do and has done a few times now.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Beat #5 LSU (finished #6 in final AP ranking) in 2018.
Beat #7 Auburn (finished #14 in final AP ranking) in 2019.

Both those wins propelled us to Top 10 rankings by the end of the year and the Auburn game had the GameDay crew in town.

I'm no Mullen apologist, but (those were big wins?) he should get credit for.

I know you were some TRACK Star but do you really watch football?

JR and SR D players look lost in games... LATE in the Season.

Waiting until Franks was almost DEAD before he starts Trask.

Hires a DC that UGA can't win with....with mostly 4* and 5* Players

And then doesn't even practice for Bowl Games...REALLY!

And what's he going to do when the Crowd Noise at LSU and TAMU are FOR REAL?

And you're okay with an extension?

NOTE: I'm not CHASING YOU around the FORUM...BUT take the O&B glasses off and WAKE UP
raw

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I know you were some TRACK Star but do you really watch football?

JR and SR D players look lost in games... LATE in the Season.

Waiting until Franks was almost DEAD before he starts Trask.

Hires a DC that UGA can't win with....with mostly 4* and 5* Players

And then doesn't even practice for Bowl Games...REALLY!

And what's he going to do when the Crowd Noise at LSU and TAMU are FOR REAL?

NOTE: I'm not CHASING YOU around the FORUM...BUT take the O&B glasses off and WAKE UP
raw

You truly are completely incompetent.
For the final fuqing time: I do NOT like Mullen as a head coach, spoke out AGAINST the extension, and those facts should come as no surprise to anyone on here.

All of what you said is completely true--and are things I've said on here repeatedly over the last 6 months. Look it up, you dumb stalking POS.

But it's completely true to point out he's won big games here--and specifically those two. Fool's gold? Probably. But no one complained post-game when there was lots of positive attention being showered on the school/team after either victory. The Auburn players saying they've never been in a louder stadium; Burrow admitting it was the most frustrating game of his career, etc.

Even a blind squirrel finds nuts. Zook beat Saban FFS. It doesn't "prove" he's a good coach; and--accurately--pointing to Mullen's two biggest wins doesn't prove he's a good coach either. It's just a relevant data point to the discussion. Grow the fuq up.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hey @NOLAGATOR, gatorev12 thinks Tebow is a grandstanding showboat wannabe who is just another example of what white privilege looks like.

EDIT: and come to think of it, I bet gatorev is just a 2nd account for @soflagator to spew his nonsense...look at all the words gatorev has to use to get the message out.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
For the final fuqing time
: I do NOT like Mullen as a head coach, spoke out AGAINST the extension, and those facts should come as no surprise to anyone on here.

All of what you said is completely true--and are things I've said on here repeatedly over the last 6 months. Look it up, you dumb stalking POS.

But it's completely true to point out he's won big games here--and specifically those two. Fool's gold? Probably. But no one complained post-game when there was lots of positive attention being showered on the school/team after either victory. The Auburn players saying they've never been in a louder stadium; Burrow admitting it was the most frustrating game of his career, etc.

Even a blind squirrel finds nuts. Zook beat Saban FFS. It doesn't "prove" he's a good coach; and--accurately--pointing to Mullen's two biggest wins doesn't prove he's a good coach either. It's just a relevant data point to the discussion. Grow the fuq up.

Again did I Tag you with a Face Palm?

And you get nasty for what?

Me grow up...really?

WARNING...

There are so few on this site who think Mullen deserves ANY praise, kudos, or recognition.

This is/was UF...We have been to the summit...SOS, Urban...Accept nothing less.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Hey @NOLAGATOR, gatorev12 thinks Tebow is a grandstanding showboat wannabe who is just another example of what white privilege looks like.

Well I remember 0-10-1...:pe:

I remember Probation...Almost Death Penalty.

I remember PACKED Student Sections

I still think SOS was/is the best college football coach ever

What Urban did was remarkable

I think Kerwin deserves a chance

AND as long as we have this President and AD...UF will forever..."Wait till next year"

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
For the final fuqing time: I do NOT like Mullen as a head coach, spoke out AGAINST the extension, and those facts should come as no surprise to anyone on here.

80-get_off_my_lawn_f28e7c99e35e846275120ecc1ca77cd0a9b3d867.gif

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Again did I Tag you with a Face Palm?

And you get nasty for what?

Me grow up...really?

WARNING...

There are so few on this site who think Mullen deserves ANY praise, kudos, or recognition.

This is/was UF...We have been to the summit...SOS, Urban...Accept nothing less.

I have no patience for someone who cannot read the thread. LAST page (some 10 posts back), I said this was a terrible decision by UF and specified why. Even in my replies to Donkey, I clearly stated I didn't like Mullen.

Your takeaway from all that was that I "supported" the extension, apparently. So yes, I'm going to call a spade a spade here and call you incompetent because there's clearly something misfiring in your brain.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I have no patience for someone who cannot read the thread. LAST page (some 10 posts back), I said this was a terrible decision by UF and specified why. Even in my replies to Donkey, I clearly stated I didn't like Mullen.

Your takeaway from all that was that I "supported" the extension, apparently. So yes, I'm going to call a spade a spade here and call you incompetent because there's clearly something misfiring in your brain.

Really?

You:

"but those were big wins he should get credit"

Did I say you like Mullen?...Now Grasshopper...Look again

ME:

OIP.8JEVnbTQcmiLqiIzcLoinQHaHa

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Really?

This is a terrible business decision and of questionable value to the program.

The big knock on Mullen when he got here was 1) mediocre recruiting; 2) inability to win the big games; 3) terrible record vs Top 25 teams.

He's done better than most of us expected in terms of winning big games and getting somewhat better at recruiting (hasn't delivered Top 5 classes, but we are reliably bringing in Top 10-15 classes); but is a mixed bag on results really justify an increase to his comp package? He still hasn't won anything but a SEC East title when here...so what's the rationale to make him paid more than Kirby Smith??

The "NFL interest" was agent nonsense, not based on actual interest; and while he could probably get another job elsewhere in college football...what would be an upgrade to his situation here? Nothing open right now.

The raise isn't justified based on production or on competition; and makes it more difficult to fire him later on. Again, a terrible decision by UF.

Yes, really. Last page, you dumb fuq.
Which part of this post was difficult for you to understand?

I know you're bad at reading comprehension, but this is truly the finest example yet of your mental retardation.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yes, really. Last page, you dumb fuq.
Which part of this post was difficult for you to understand?

I know you're bad at reading comprehension, but this is truly the finest example yet of your mental retardation.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Woof...
I was thinking the same thing exactly. First of all there’s no such thing as an SEC East title. He did finish first in the East 1 time in 3. His best win according to Mullenz was a not as bad as expected loss to Saban. He’s the same dooshbag Dan he has always been when it comes to playing ranked teams.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I was thinking the same thing exactly. First of all there’s no such thing as an SEC East title. He did finish first in the East 1 time in 3. His best win according to Mullenz was a not as bad as expected loss to Saban. He’s the same dooshbag Dan he has always been when it comes to playing ranked teams.

EXACTLY...So 9-3 and 10-2 is now acceptable. Bowls that are not playoffs for the NC are MEANINGLESS.

If you are not TOP 4...What is the point? Mullen doesn't care...NFL Quality Players don't show.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys need to learn how to read UAA code. We always extend and raise them just before we fire them. Mullen’s officially on the chopping block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.