LSU’s Ed Orgeron...NC

THIS GUY

OGC.cd1859e73def8a11ceb8973cd62e9e2b

But Give Credit where Credit is DUE??????????​

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You guys need to learn how to read UAA code. We always extend and raise them just before we fire them. Mullen’s officially on the chopping block.
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys need to learn how to read UAA code. We always extend and raise them just before we fire them. Mullen’s officially on the chopping block.
If only this were a joke.

The good news is shyt like this also gets the AD replaced.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hey @NOLAGATOR, gatorev12 thinks Tebow is a grandstanding showboat wannabe who is just another example of what white privilege looks like.

EDIT: and come to think of it, I bet gatorev is just a 2nd account for @soflagator to spew his nonsense...look at all the words gatorev has to use to get the message out.

I also have it on good authority that Tebow thinks Nikell Robey-Coleman timed his hit perfectly back in 2019, and it was a good no call. Said Lewis just dropped the ball.

TIFWIW

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Beat #5 LSU (finished #6 in final AP ranking) in 2018.
Beat #7 Auburn (finished #14 in final AP ranking) in 2019.

Both those wins propelled us to Top 10 rankings by the end of the year and the Auburn game had the GameDay crew in town.

I'm no Mullen apologist, but those were big wins he should get credit for.
He's 1-2 against LSU, including an LSU team that was a disaster and playing with a roster at nearly 50%. That one win in year 1 was nice but it wasnt nearly as significant as the embarrassment he laid this past year at home against a disaster of a team breathing what everyone believed was it's last breath. The auburn win was probably his best conf win since arrival. And that's downright pathetic for 6 mil a year. A mediocre auburn team with a frogs testicle for a qb.

I stand by my statement. His losses in "big" games including games against unranked teams like last year's LSU affair far outnumber and outweigh his wins. He's a mediocre coach and poor recruiter, and we knew this when we hired him. It's not changing, and neither is our teams fortunes.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
He's 1-2 against LSU, including an LSU team that was a disaster and playing with a roster at nearly 50%. That one win in year 1 was nice but it wasnt nearly as significant as the embarrassment he laid this past year at home against a disaster of a team breathing what everyone believed was it's last breath. The auburn win was probably his best conf win since arrival. And that's downright pathetic for 6 mil a year. A mediocre auburn team with a frogs testicle for a qb.

I stand by my statement. His losses in "big" games including games against unranked teams like last year's LSU affair far outnumber and outweigh his wins. He's a mediocre coach and poor recruiter, and we knew this when we hired him. It's not changing, and neither is our teams fortunes.

This year's loss to LSU was and is indefensible.
Full stop.

It completely derailed and largely undid every bit of good work he'd done prior to that. No respectable coach loses that game at home with everything to play for; and worse: no respectable coach simply takes that game off and mails it in by "resting" many of his starters through the first half. Saban gets up by 30 in the first half *THEN* rests his starters, not before.

I've said it several times this off-season, but that was the very moment Mullen lost me as a coach.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

One of my high school coaches said this about certain people in "Big Games" : "He gets so tight in Big Games that you could not shove a ToothPick up his Ass"

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Kintucky.

And a lucky Giraffe injury from losing twice.
Exactly. Imagine Dullem's record without Trask? And even with Trask having a Heisman caliber year, ol' Numbnuts still lost 4 times. Then when questioned about his plan to correct the worst defensive performance in years, he throws his full support for Dwag-choker and explains it was the players who were the problem. Next he gets a show cause just in case there was still some question if he might yet be the man for the job.

So what does Stricklin do? Bumps him up to 7.6 mil per year. Only possible explanation is a kickback on the raise and a cut of the buyout when the inevitable happens.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. Imagine Dullem's record without Trask? .
About the same as his record without Dak: 7-6, 8-5, 9-4, 8-5, 7-6, 6-7, 9-4, 8-5

Probably not actually true since the SEC East is an absolute wasteland right now.

But I do have faith in his ability to shyt the bed and lose the team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yup like I said before this guy will have a sign in BHG before too long that says "Home of the 8-4 special" and banners for each season we hit the 7 win total....
Imagine if he had ever played anyone except Geographic U (only occasionally losing) out of conference.

He does have the advantage of having the weakest SEC East, weakest FSU and weakest overall schedule in the last 50 years.

Any above average coach would have capitalized on that.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He's 1-2 against LSU, including an LSU team that was a disaster and playing with a roster at nearly 50%. That one win in year 1 was nice but it wasnt nearly as significant as the embarrassment he laid this past year at home against a disaster of a team breathing what everyone believed was it's last breath. The auburn win was probably his best conf win since arrival.
LSU in '18 was #5; Auburn '19 was #7 and Ugly '20 was #9. FWIW.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LSU in '18 was #5; Auburn '19 was #7 and Ugly '20 was #9. FWIW.
No one gives a fuchs.

We are Florida. Not Cowbell. You sound like the Ron Zook apologists. Excusing medicority and flat out laziness and/or total incompetence with respect to garbage recruiting.

Those half ass third tier teams should all be blowout wins. When you are tue flagship in Florida, Texas or California, you have zero excuses for being a third tier team yourself.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
No one gives a fuchs.

We are Florida. Not Cowbell. You sound like the Ron Zook apologists. Excusing medicority and flat out laziness and/or total incompetence with respect to garbage recruiting.

Those half ass third tier teams should all be blowout wins. When you are tue flagship in Florida, Texas or California, you have zero excuses for being a third tier team yourself.
Hey dum-dum: hence the "FWIW." Do I need to spell that one out for you?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Those wins came before he let the defense become the garbage it has become. There is no denying that Mullen improved the offensive production, which really was a dumpster fire when he took over so it wasn't like it was a huge undertaking, but, he had the luxury of relying on a decent freaking defense given to him by previous staff. Now, we find ourselves in the exact opposite scenario that is yielding the exact same results: from dumpster fire offense with good defense to good offense to dumpster fire defense. Other than that, nothing really has changed...we pay top dollar for the same sh!t we had before just packaged differently. And we just gave it a raise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.