Villanova Loses!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We still had to win two games to play Wisconsin, and we'd still have to beat Wisconsin. That's not backing in, especially considering the team we're about to play just took out the #1 overall seed. But I guess you're still the type who will find some way to be cynical about the Gators doing well.
This must be the sports version of calling someone a racist.

We are getting the #8 team instead of the #1 team. A top 32 team not a top 4 team. Yes they still have to beat Whisky, but we are backing in. And if USCe beats Duke, we could back into the Final 4. Doesn't mean I won't be happy, just means I don't put sprinkles on a cow patting and call it a cupcake

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

We are getting the #8 team instead of the #1 team. A top 32 team not a top 4 team. Yes they still have to beat Whisky, but we are backing in. And if USCe beats Duke, we could back into the Final 4. Doesn't mean I won't be happy, just means I don't put sprinkles on a cow patting and call it a cupcake
Just STFU already...it's the NCAA tourney there is no such thing as backing in. But maybe you think the 06 Gators backed in because we got George mason in the final four...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

If Villanova was good enough to make the Sweet 16, they would have done it. Clearly we're playing the better team next week. Seeds don't matter at this point. You think Wichita is only a top 40 team when every available metric and rating system has them as a top 10 team?

Regardless, the tournament is about beating whoever you play. If we make the Final 4, the banner won't say "oh but they didn't have to play Villanova." Does our championship banner from '06 say "well we played George Mason in the Final 4"?

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah like Sas said STFU you HATER and COMPLAINER. Good Lord some "Gator Fans" are NEVER satisfied with WINNING. Who cares who you play. That's how the bracket breaks if you have ever even watched the NCAA Tourney. Alcoholica OWNED and DESTROYED and BANNED!! It must STINK to see the Gators SUCCEED and you LOSE. LOLOL Go Gators!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I too would prefer to play Wisky than Villanova but the big deal about Villanova losing is the legacy.
The Gator Boys are still the last back to back champions!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Wiscy beat Nova head to head and even did it with Koenig in foul trouble, but yet we supposedly aren't playing the better team and are "backing in." Solid logic :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah like Sas said STFU you HATER and COMPLAINER. Good Lord some "Gator Fans" are NEVER satisfied with WINNING. Who cares who you play. That's how the bracket breaks if you have ever even watched the NCAA Tourney. Alcoholica OWNED and DESTROYED and BANNED!! It must STINK to see the Gators SUCCEED and you LOSE. LOLOL Go Gators!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Villanova was good enough to make the Sweet 16, they would have done it. Clearly we're playing the better team next week. Seeds don't matter at this point. You think Wichita is only a top 40 team when every available metric and rating system has them as a top 10 team?

Regardless, the tournament is about beating whoever you play. If we make the Final 4, the banner won't say "oh but they didn't have to play Villanova." Does our championship banner from '06 say "well we played George Mason in the Final 4"?
They were the better team on that day. Period. End of Story. It's why the NBA has a best of 7 series because anything can happen in one game. Do you think Whisky would win a best of 7? I don't. In fact, I'm happy Whisky won, because it should be an easier route. I'll be happy if USCe beats Duke, because it'd be an easier route. The tourney has an element of luck and chance. We got lucky, so yeah, we may back into the elite 8.

Pretty funny how it's all about beating who's in front of you but when it comes to the SEC East, we didn't play anybody and we suck, and Atlanta doesn't matter.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just STFU already...it's the NCAA tourney there is no such thing as backing in. But maybe you think the 06 Gators backed in because we got George mason in the final four...
go (REMOVED) that team was one of the best teams in the past couple decades, it's not a comparison. This team is about a #15 team with top #25 talent. you want to compare a that team to one that lost to Vandy 3 times?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
go (REMOVED) that team was one of the best teams in the past couple decades, it's not a comparison. This team is about a #15 team with top #25 talent. you want to compare a that team to one that lost to Vandy 3 times?
Ok whatever fits your narrative...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty funny how it's all about beating who's in front of you but when it comes to the SEC East, we didn't play anybody and we suck, and Atlanta doesn't matter.
I've never said that in my life. In fact, just the other day, I had a post get about 9 or 10 likes lambasting Law for saying we backed into the East when we clearly won it by beating LSU in a road home game. There's no backing into anything in March. You win or go home.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, we may back our way into the Elite 8, but does anyone actually expect us to beat Duke, assuming no USCe upset

Backed in is a little harsh. Easier road? Absolutely. Nova scared me. Wisky? Nope. Didn't we have a year where we played all double digit seeds and got really far a while back? No one remember who you beat. They hear or ELITE 8. It's a great accomplishment no matter how you slice it.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wisconsin probably has the best set of forwards 3-5 we have seen all year. Pesky PG whose great under pressure with the big shot.
The thing that stood out to me watching them against Nova is although they have several guys who can knock down shots. They're one
of the worst free throw shooting teams in hoops. Hopefully we have a big edge at the foul line.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Wisconsin probably has the best set of forwards 3-5 we have seen all year. Pesky PG whose great under pressure with the big shot.
The thing that stood out to me watching them against Nova is although they have several guys who can knock down shots. They're one
of the worst free throw shooting teams in hoops. Hopefully we have a big edge at the foul line.

Hayes and Happ are beasts in the paint. But they are bad FT shooters. Happ is less then 50% and Hayes on the year is about 55%, but he's starting to get better. Koenig is a very good FT shooter, and great when they need a big 3. You can't give him space at all on the arc. Luckily, we guard the 3 line quite well.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Their bigs are BIG - hope Gak, Stone and Rimmer are up for spelling Hayes when he needs it.
We need to push the pace at all times against Wisky - wear them down. We have more athleticism and a deeper bench - need to utilize both.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

It is WIN or GO HOME.
SURVIVE and ADVANCE.

It is not 'best of a series', or 'the better team always wins'. It is a one-and-done dog fight where you earn every point, every inch of the court, and every DAMN WIN.

You don't pick your opponent - it is on them to SURVIVE and ADVANCE. Better team doesn't win? So what! Better team is going home. Those of us left standing are doing all we can to WIN.

Find ways to try and cheapen it in your mind. It won't make the banner worth any less than the others we have in the rafters today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.