Vince Wilfork robbed by frog’s testicle of a son

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Vince Wilfork's son charged with stealing $300,000 of dad's jewelry, including New England Patriots Super Bowl rings

The son of former NFL defensive lineman Vince Wilfork was arrested last month and charged with stealing more than $300,000 of his father's jewelry, including two New England Patriots Super Bowl championship rings, according to a police complaint released by the Galveston (Texas) County District Attorney's Office.

Police allege that Wilfork's son, D'Aundre Holmes-Wilfork, 23, sold the rings and other jewelry after stealing them.

Wilfork, who played for the Patriots from 2004 to 2014 before finishing his career with the Houston Texans from 2015 to 2016, had contacted police on May 10. He said his two Super Bowl rings were missing, along with two AFC championship rings, and a 2001 Miami Hurricanes national championship ring, among other items including necklaces, bracelets and earrings.

Holmes-Wilfork was arrested May 22.

According to the police complaint, Wilfork told authorities that he did not report the jewelry missing or stolen immediately because he was unsure if it was packed in storage. On May 10, he said he received an email from a lifelong Patriots fan informing him of a post in a memorabilia group saying that his Super Bowl rings were for sale, which led to the filing of a police report.

Police made contact with the individual who posted the rings on the memorabilia group. The individual told police he purchased them from Wilfork's son for $62,000 in 2020. The rings have since been turned over to police, according to the complaint.

Police also discovered that eight other pieces of Wilfork's jewelry were sold in March of 2020, for $4,600.

Wilfork, 39, is considered one of the greatest defensive linemen in Patriots history. He was the team's first-round draft choice in 2004, and also was recognized for his off-field philanthropy in 2010 when he was presented the team's prestigious community service award. Wilfork, who lost his father to diabetes, raised hundreds and thousands of dollars for diabetes-related causes, and was also a strong supporter of charities that promote education and health for children.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What an ass hole.

Although canes are obviously to be hated at all times, Vince actually comes pretty darn close to being a likable guy.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
My first sighting of Vince was at a high school game. I went to see Santaluces play b/c I wanted to see how good he was? Well it was high school and their opponent sucked so I could not tell much. But I do have this vivid memory. I am not sure Vince ever looked like he was ever in shape (don;t get me wrong he was great), but imagine a 350LB high schooler (who looked every bit of 350) being utilized as the punter and kicker? Needless to say Vince was a little better at DT than he was a P or K, LOL

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If your son steals from you there’s a good chance you failed as a father.
My guess would be a drug problem - it seems like the most likely thing that would cause such desperation for money.

Or, maybe he's just a frog's testicle.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My first sighting of Vince was at a high school game. I went to see Santaluces play b/c I wanted to see how good he was? Well it was high school and their opponent sucked so I could not tell much. But I do have this vivid memory. I am not sure Vince ever looked like he was ever in shape (don;t get me wrong he was great), but imagine a 350LB high schooler (who looked every bit of 350) being utilized as the punter and kicker? Needless to say Vince was a little better at DT than he was a P or K, LOL
Evidently he already had this wonderful son during those HS days. You were also watching a father out there.

We'd probably be better off as a nation if boys didn't grow a whanger until the age of 25 or so.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Evidently he already had this wonderful son during those HS days. You were also watching a father out there.

That was nothing new to me. Where I was from guys were fathering kids long before they were the age of 16 and/or many kids did not even know who their father was.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
My guess would be a drug problem - it seems like the most likely thing that would cause such desperation for money.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
It says the two Super Bowl rings have been turned over to police, so I guess Wilfork gets those back at least. I wonder what happens to the collector who paid $62k for them? In addition to losing the money, does he get charged with receiving stolen property?

To me, that's a weird collector, who spends a ton of money on stuff for his collection that he can never show off to anyone because it's stolen property. I'm assuming the son convinced the buyer that Wilfork authorized the sale? But if the guy is that naïve it makes me wonder how he had $62k to throw around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator