Volsheimers Kicking In Early This Year

The annual condition referred to has Volsheimers has kicking in early this year. Reading a few other boards, it's comical how so many Vols have already starting crowing after the big win over a UK team that has pretty much quit on this year. They are the best team in the East again in November. Unfortunately, they will not be representing in Atlanta again. It looks like they are once again set to win an offseason championship. Wash, rinse, repeat. It never gets old.

Personally, I couldn't be happier that Butch will probably win 8 games plus a bowl. That should keep him employed for another year or two. His record of one win against top 25 teams in three years doesn't scare me a whole lot. Take a trip over the GSMB and Volnation to get a good chuckle.

GatorJB

Lifetime Member
A loss to either South Carolina or Mizzou will quiet them up, but it looks like they will finish 8-4, which means they'll pick themselves to be SEC champs for next year. That will make win number 12 even more enjoyable.

bradgator2

Rioting
Lifetime Member
His overall record at UT 16-17.
His SEC record at UT is 7-14.
Butch Jones is a proven loser.

They have USC, North Texas, Missouri, and Vandy left. It would be hilarious if they drop one of those, but will probably win out.

I hope they keep him another 10 years.

Go Gata

aka Emersom Bigguns
Given the amount of relatively decent job openings, I bet they hang on to him at least one more year when there should be less competition in the market. Besides, his contract runs through the 2020 season and his buyout is $4M. Dave Hart is ruining that program the same way he ruined his previous employer's program.

Alvin York

Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
JohnCoctostan;n306033 said:
The annual condition referred to has Volsheimers has kicking in early this year. Reading a few other boards, it's comical how so many Vols have already starting crowing after the big win over a UK team that has pretty much quit on this year. They are the best team in the East again in November. Unfortunately, they will not be representing in Atlanta again. It looks like they are once again set to win an offseason championship. Wash, rinse, repeat. It never gets old.

Personally, I couldn't be happier that Butch will probably win 8 games plus a bowl. That should keep him employed for another year or two. His record of one win against top 25 teams in three years doesn't scare me a whole lot. Take a trip over the GSMB and Volnation to get a good chuckle.

What did you say? You conveniently have forgotten in the game against the Volunteers the Florida Gators were down on the canvas taking the 10 count. It was only Butch's horrible 4th quarter decisions on the field that saved you from a KO. TENNESSEE was and is a better team than Florida regardless of records.

MJMGator

Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Alvin York;n306138 said:
What did you say? You conveniently have forgotten in the game against the Volunteers the Florida Gators were down on the canvas taking the 10 count. It was only Butch's horrible 4th quarter decisions on the field that saved you from a KO. TENNESSEE was and is a better team than Florida regardless of records.

11.jpg

Alvin right on time with a fantastic job of proving my point. Enjoy your moral victory. LOL. Butch Jones is still your coach so there are most likely many more to come. :chomp:

TN G8tr

The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Alvin York;n306138 said:

Good teams find way to win when they are down. Bad teams find ways to lose even when they might can win. YOU sir are the latter. So enjoy the mORAL victory and have Botch go buy you all some more of those Gator Bowl rings.

Zambo

Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Alvin York;306138 said:
Vo11unteers.

Ancient Reptile

I love the way records don't count! Why bother playing. Only recruiting matters. Just sign a class and declare yourself a champion.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Alvin York;n306138 said:

:bsmeter:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Alvin York;n306138 said:

Congrats on your inevitable Music City Bowl invite. I believe a toast is in order.

JAGM9982-002.jpg

Doopree

Lifetime Member
This is so hilariously true. Each year, TN closes the year with a cupcake schedule in their last 4 games or so (KY, Vandy, etc) where they "play how they should have all year" which ultimately inspires this false sense of confidence into the entire offseason thru SEC Media Days where they're picked to win it all.

As a Gator who lives in Knoxville, I get quite a kick out of listening to all of the "wait till next year!" calls on sports radio. It's more entertaining to listen to these hicks after a win as opposed to a loss as after 10 years of losing the apathy gets stale.

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member
Alvin York;n306138 said:
What did you say? You conveniently have forgotten in the game against the Volunteers the Florida Gators were down on the canvas taking the 10 count. It was only Butch's horrible 4th quarter decisions on the field that saved you from a KO. TENNESSEE was and is a better team than Florida regardless of record.

Record… record … UT is playing the same old record… Weaka, weaka weaka = in hip-hop DJ style. Boogie !

Himey

Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Alvin York;n306138 said:

If you felt so good about that game, why did it take you over a month to show your face on this board. It is the typical cycle....get beat down by average to decent teams and you guys are wanting to fire everyone on the staff. Beat Kentucky and you show up beating your chest with a losing record. Someone should do a case study on the typical Volunteer fan. It's a fascinating psychological phenomenon. While It is a remarkable condition, I'm not too upset about it....it convinces UT to keep retaining miserable coaches to the benefit of us all.

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member
Himey;n306708 said:
If you felt so good about that game, why did it take you over a month to show your face on this board. It is the typical cycle....get beat down by average to decent teams and you guys are wanting to fire everyone on the staff. Beat Kentucky and you show up beating your chest with a losing record. Someone should do a case study on the typical Volunteer fan. It's a fascinating psychological phenomenon. While It is a remarkable condition, I'm not too upset about it....it convinces UT to keep retaining miserable coaches to the benefit of us all.

Yeah Himey, "The God's Must Be Crazy" : UT football is so clumsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.