We’re moving in the right direction

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
2017-2022 I added ULL to above post.

FEI during the NC years (only goes back to 2007)

Look at how fast Bamma turned it around.
..........UF..............Bamma
2007 : 62 ............32
2008 : 3rd...........6th
2009 : 4th............1st

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking he won't even survive the season. I see him fired even before the FSU game. Lot of rumors swirling that Stricklin has already seen enough.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, Napier isn't even a quarter the coach Frost is. He's finished. Hopefully the students will arrange a gathering to hurl objects at him after he's mercifully canned. Forget the fruit, I'm hurling batteries.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe you're right. I'll just stick to the fruit....but I'm aiming for the face.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
On Thursday, ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg gave Florida a C- grade for the Napier hire based on the early returns.
Excluding ESD recruiting results, a C- is reasonable for the on-field results.

It's hard to quantify behind the scenes (ie Program related) gains until those are reflected on the field.

:dunno:

The Leghumper game looms large.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

A better coach? Perhaps
But I'm not going to sit here and pretend Napier's recruiting has been unimpressive. He closed strongly last year--getting some big names to flip over to Florida that hadn't been considering us previously; has rebuilt in-state relationships with hs programs and coaches; and has been drawing rave reviews from everyone (players, parents, and coaches) for his honest approach.

Really, there wasn't much to suggest Texas would make a 2nd year jump to what they are now outside of having a proven RB and promising sophomore WR that had shone last year. Their defense gave up yards and points to everyone last year; and Ewers was an unknown. Now, Texas is looking like the class of the Big 12.

I don't think it's a given we have the same trajectory; but Kentucky and Tennessee graduate their QBs this year and that'll peg them back a good bit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Again, the defense was bad last yr, it got 2 DCs fired. How some of you expected an improvement overnight simply with a coaching change is beyond me. Especially after losing the few bright spots we had on that unit.
Carter and Elam are clearly missed as not one veteran player has stepped up to replace them.

UF fans: We have veteran talent on the defense to be better than we are.
Also UF Fans: Just bench the weak links and let the young players get experience for next season.

James has been taking reps from Burney and it sounds like Dean just lost his job to Wilson. Incoming class is very defense heavy.
So I guess the staff -along with the rest of the world- fails to see this veteran stud talent out there that you claim we have.
I don't know how many more ways you can explain this to some people on this thread. I'm clearly not giving the coaching or scheme a pass but my god Stevie Wonder can see the lack of talent on display at all 3 levels of the defense......You don't just lose Carter, Elam and 3 somewhat solid contributors in Diabate, Hopper and Bogle without plugging in true 4 and 5 star guys who have already been on campus for at least a year or 2....

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
3kf2.gif

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
A better coach? Perhaps
But I'm not going to sit here and pretend Napier's recruiting has been unimpressive. He closed strongly last year--getting some big names to flip over to Florida that hadn't been considering us previously; has rebuilt in-state relationships with hs programs and coaches; and has been drawing rave reviews from everyone (players, parents, and coaches) for his honest approach.

Really, there wasn't much to suggest Texas would make a 2nd year jump to what they are now outside of having a proven RB and promising sophomore WR that had shone last year. Their defense gave up yards and points to everyone last year; and Ewers was an unknown. Now, Texas is looking like the class of the Big 12.

I don't think it's a given we have the same trajectory; but Kentucky and Tennessee graduate their QBs this year and that'll peg them back a good bit.
Honestly this is a little embarrassing. Texas isn’t $hit. They are 5-2 and very likely to be 5-3 after today. And we are hoping to get up to being competitive with Kentucky and Utoothless? I think I see the plan, lose so many games this year that 8-4, 9-3 and 3rd in the East next year will be viewed as “progress”.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Honestly this is a little embarrassing. Texas isn’t $hit. They are 5-2 and very likely to be 5-3 after today. And we are hoping to get up to being competitive with Kentucky and Utoothless? I think I see the plan, lose so many games this year that 8-4, 9-3 and 3rd in the East next year will be viewed as “progress”.
Welllll, as a matter of fact we are 10-13 in the last 23 games, soooo....

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Welllll, as a matter of fact we are 10-13 in the last 23 games, soooo....
I don’t care about numbnuts and dwag chokers last season record. The Dooshbag wasn’t even trying to win the second half of the season. He was staring at the golden parachute.

I assume that BN and 3rd and Toney are actually trying to win. They just haven’t figured out how to yet. Anyone who tries to sell anything worse than second in the East next year as a good result can kiss my a$$.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Look, I have no idea where our season goes or theirs. This time last year, Sark was a looking like a giant mistake as losses piled up and on-field performance was meh to middling. But he was recruiting at an elite level and had pieces to perform better.

They've won a few close games, lost a few others (both with Ewers sidelined for all or part of the game), and have played down at times.

They're a large school with history & tradition in a recruiting hotbed and tons of financial resources from a monied & passionate fanbase.

No analogy is perfect; but it's the only silver lining I can see. With the recruiting class we have, pushing out a few underperformers--and adding via the transfer portal, anything can happen next year. We have a great RB room, a QB who's probably coming back, and should have a Pearsall and a few other WRs back next year. A year two bounceback isn't wildly over-optimistic IF Napier is a good coach. We'll see.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Yea, I'm not shaking in fear of a freshman QB who will be coming to the Swamp in his first road start.

There's going to be a drop-off, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator