We Could Run The Table

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ironhead, do not respond to URG. He will NEVER allow anyone to get the last word and I don't want to see him post again. You clearly owned him, just let it go at this point.
How much did he pay you to say that? :lol:

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
At this point I have the same feeling I had the years we won the NCGs. I had a gut feeling we had a shot at winning it all. I have that feeling now. It could very well be gas but it sure is nice to have that feeling once again. #1 - Saturday we had a powerful running game against a top defense.
#2 - After the first qtr our defense played better than it has is 6 - 8 years.
#3 - We only turned the ball over one time.
#4 - We had long sustained drives.
With a little more maturity, this team can surprise a lot of folks!
This is the best feeling a Gator fan has had for about eight years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I have the same feeling I had the years we won the NCGs. I had a gut feeling we had a shot at winning it all. I have that feeling now. It could very well be gas but it sure is nice to have that feeling once again. #1 - Saturday we had a powerful running game against a top defense.
If AR was the full-time starter, I would understand your enthusiasm a lot more.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Last season should have taught you a lesson. The offense we had last season was better than anything we have had in a long long time. 8-4.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I don't see Ole Miss beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa. One team that hasn't been mentioned that I'm keeping an eye on is Arkansas. They have Texas A&M this weekend and if they can beat A & M then look out. The Hogs look hungry, building momentum, and they love Sam Pittman.

Right now it's a lot of horses out of the starting gate jostling for position. It's all speculation, but one thing's for sure: it's going to be an interesting season.

Pittman is a good coach and those kids do play hard for him.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Bama will smoke us if we play them in ATL. That is if we even make it there. Mullen is a dummy that is 0-12 vs Saban. He will NEVER beat Saban. His style obviously doesn't bother Saban one bit to stop. Spurrier beat Saban 3 times I think. We could bring him back as grandpa Spurrier and he would still do a better job than this dork.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Arky ain't gonna come within 3 touchdowns of bama.
Maybe not, but I think they have a better chance than Ole Miss. Saban will run up the score on Kiffin.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Win the rest of our regular season games, beat Alabama in the SEC Championship game and then play Alabama for the NCG.
We have the offense to do it. And the defense has improved enough to make it happen.
Beat Alabama two out of three times and win a trophy. …..
I'll take whatever he's drinking!

00F0F_ddXt36SE2Sgz_0mV0pO_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
If AR was the full-time starter, I would understand your enthusiasm a lot more.
There's something interesting to me about the psychology of having some "secret weapon" waiting for deployment. I'd love to see him playing now, but two comparisons... one, UF in 2006 with Tebow getting slowly increasing playing time and increasingly dangerous throughout the year (close, uninspired wins against Vandy and the Cock Block look familiar too).

The other one's a baseball reference... the Rays had finished off 2007 really strong and there was a bunch of hype for Longoria. But the Rays, cheap as always, held him in the minors until he cleared "Super 2" status... which meant a couple of months of waiting for this expected superstar to add to the mix. It really added a jolt and the team started firing on all cylinders.

After seeing the OL and DL mostly dominate ALABAMA, especially with a big fatty in the middle who can stop the run I'm not as concerned with Georgia as with the stupid opponents we shouldn't lose to. The thought of playing Bama again with AR getting 50 snaps is interesting.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
some of the dancing you people will do to try to defend the indefensible.

:lol4:

Reading is hard: "I'd love to see him playing now".

More context... during USF game and the 80 yard run, our group was actually pissed and screaming at Mullen "now do you see? Is that enough?" rather than celebrating the play while it was happening. But Donkey's gonna Donkey.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Reading is hard: "I'd love to see him playing now".

More context... during USF game and the 80 yard run, our group was actually pissed and screaming at Mullen "now do you see? Is that enough?" rather than celebrating the play while it was happening. But Donkey's gonna Donkey.

Sorry, but that isn’t good enough. You must recite donkey’s narrative EXACTLY, or you are wrong.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bama will smoke us if we play them in ATL. That is if we even make it there. Mullen is a dummy that is 0-12 vs Saban. He will NEVER beat Saban. His style obviously doesn't bother Saban one bit to stop. Spurrier beat Saban 3 times I think. We could bring him back as grandpa Spurrier and he would still do a better job than this dork.

I'm all for the warranted criticism of Mullen. But as I've said, talking about how he faired against Saban during his Miss State tenure is silly. He's 0-2 in his games with comparable level programs. You mention Spurrier's wins against Saban. The only one that gets him praise, and deservedly so, is 2010 because it really shouldn't happen. The other two were in NS's first two years trying to rebuild Lsu. But if Usce had faced Alabama every year from 2008-2015, I assure you Spurrier's record wouldn't have been very good. And you're talking about an all time great. Location matters. For context, James Franklin has a losing record against Will Muschamp. Yet one is a sought after head coach while the other is copying things in an office at uga.

So if you look at the two matchups since he's been at UF, if Mullen on Saban's level? No. Not sure anyone is. But I don't think you could surmise from Atlanta and Saturday that we have no chance of ever beating him. You could argue that we could've, and maybe should've won both games, especially the latest one.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
It’s possible that could happen.
Win the rest of our regular season games, beat Alabama in the SEC Championship game and then play Alabama for the NCG.
We have the offense to do it. And the defense has improved enough to make it happen.
Beat Alabama two out of three times and win a trophy. That would be sweet!
I bet myself a dollar this will bring out ATLEAST ten bashers.(maybe twenty-five)
We should rename this board:
GATOR CHATTER/BASHER.
I’m paying myself the dollar now…..

I wahnt to borrow 1 million dolla to bet on Tong Po!!, er, Floridah Gata to win the national championship!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator