Wednesday Worsts…..Cities

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Slight variation on the question, and Pro-Tip #6592 for what it's worth: Karachi... the only good thing about that damn place was the KFC, and they kept blowing it up.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Funny you should say Seattle. I went about 30 years ago and it was good for a 2 says visit back then.
We are catching a cruise out of there next summer and I debated heavily on whether we should go in early to do the touristy thing. My head told me not to but my heart said "YOLO." We are going early.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There are some very nice people in this thread that I happen to like. So I will withhold comment, so as not to offend, and get ready for next week.

Respect my decision.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I didn’t even know we were going international. I’ll second the Karachi vote. Not sure I like what I’ve heard of the whole Waziristan region, so I’m tempted to go “entire country” here.

Mogadishu doesn’t seem like it would have a pleasant odor. Juarez seems a little dicey and I’m probably skipping Port-au-Prince. Also, something about Tifton, Ga just says no thanks to me as well.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I didn’t even know we were going international. I’ll second the Karachi vote. Not sure I like what I’ve heard of the whole Waziristan region, so I’m tempted to go “entire country” here.

Mogadishu doesn’t seem like it would have a pleasant odor. Juarez seems a little dicey and I’m probably skipping Port-au-Prince. Also, something about Tifton, Ga just says no thanks to me as well.
Mogadishu has WAY better beaches than Karachi!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Too many to count. Basically any liberal lawless bastion and most 3rd world sht hole urban hubs.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Seattle is a city I've never been to and have no desire (same with Portland, but to a lesser extend). It is truly sad/criminal what has happened to DC, San Fran, and Manhattan. I never really liked going to DC anyway, but it is SOOOOOO f'n embarrassing that its our capital and that's what foreigners see. I travel to a lot of world capitals, and DC is hands down the schittiest now, not even close. Every capital has their "bad area," but in DC, the entire place has become a schithole.

The place that surprised me was Chicago. I've never really spent any time there, but when I helped Son #1 move there a month or so ago, the whole downtown area was phenomenal. The whole feel and being able to walk around day or night reminded me of big European cities. NY and DC don't.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
There are some very nice people in this thread that I happen to like. So I will withhold comment, so as not to offend, and get ready for next week.

Respect my decision.

Hey now, Lexington isn't as bad as it seems.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Chicago is another place that I'd never consider going back to but we were fortunate to have two amazing trips there. Our neighbor had an apartment overlooking Water Tower Place (mall) that he'd work from every other week. Seedy and I took the kids once for New Years.
Then I went back with my friends on a girls trip. Seedy doesn't need to hear about that wild weekend. :lol:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Glad I saw NYC as a teenager, cuz you couldn't pay me to go back there now.

Screw Chicago and SanFran, too.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Lol, I work with a guy who is originally from Tifton!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Glad I saw NYC as a teenager, cuz you couldn't pay me to go back there now.

Screw Chicago and SanFran, too.
Same

I'm with you on DC too.
Dad was getting an award in DC about 5 years ago and brought all the family in to see it. We spent two days doing the tourist attractions and the kids were at the perfect age to visit. No desire what-so-ever to go back again. Check it off the list.

Lil Seedy is going to NYC on his senior school trip in April.
We really wrestled with it but if he's ever going to see NYC with chaperones, this is it.
They aren't going on the subway anywhere. I'll be glad when he returns back safely.

LaylaGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Same

I'm with you on DC too.
Dad was getting an award in DC about 5 years ago and brought all the family in to see it. We spent two days doing the tourist attractions and the kids were at the perfect age to visit. No desire what-so-ever to go back again. Check it off the list.

Lil Seedy is going to NYC on his senior school trip in April.
We really wrestled with it but if he's ever going to see NYC with chaperones, this is it.
They aren't going on the subway anywhere. I'll be glad when he returns back safely.
My one trip to NYC was also as a senior trip. Saw Phantom of the Opera and bought a fake ID on the street for $20. Good times circa 1993. Lol

LaylaGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Also got a cool picture of me with the twin towers behind me as we ferried to the Statue of Liberty. The WTC was actually still closed due to its first bombing.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I had to teach some training class in Roseland New Jersey...
Flew into Newark and then drove thru the city of Newark and East Orange - at night.

Holy sh!t... felt like the Griswolds when they got lost in St. Louis.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I went up to NYC back around 2004 to do some training on some new software that had been developed for us. Got to stay in the Hilton right across from Ground Zero. The full demolition of the WTC wasn't even completed yet. Would love to take the family there just for the history to been seen. Also went to D.C. a few years ago and would like to take the family there too. Not at all interested in going to Chicago, Detroit, Portland, or some other "progressive" cities...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator