Wednesday Worsts…..Cities

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Not to beat a dead horse, but if you haven't been to DC or Manhattan in the last 5 years (and especially the last 3), they are not the same place anymore, at all.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Detroit. Seattle. Portland.

That being said, I’m sandwiched between Asheville and Charlotte, two cities that were beautiful and thriving not too long ago and both have been turned into miserable crime ridden liberal woke ****holes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not to beat a dead horse, but if you haven't been to DC or Manhattan in the last 5 years (and especially the last 3), they are not the same place anymore, at all.

Yep. Unfortunately a lot of the history of NYC has either been wiped out, or isn’t even safe to experience like before. Haven’t been to DC since ‘06, but I’m sure it’s the same. Most things are cyclical, so hopefully it returns. But sad to see.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I traveled a lot domestically during my career and I have been fortunate enough to make several trips to all the major cities when you could actually go out and get a feel for a city and it’s culture.

Great cities like Chicago, LA , NYC, San Fran, and Philadelphia to name a few.

I have absolutely no plans to step foot in any of those sh!those cities today for fear for my safety.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Detroit. Seattle. Portland.

That being said, I’m sandwiched between Asheville and Charlotte, two cities that were beautiful and thriving not too long ago and both have been turned into miserable crime ridden liberal woke ****holes.

You are 100% correct Gardner.
We lived in Charlotte for six years and we spent many mini vacations in Asheville and we loved the place.
I would never move back to Charlotte and I have heard from friends that Asheville is lost.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I traveled a lot domestically during my career and I have been fortunate enough to make several trips to all the major cities when you could actually go out and get a feel for a city and it’s culture.

Great cities like Chicago, LA , NYC, San Fran, and Philadelphia to name a few.

I have absolutely no plans to step foot in any of those sh!those cities today for fear for my safety.

Always thought I wanted to visit Philadelphia for the history. Not any more.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Miami

I win

Surprisingly, Miami hasn’t completely fallen under the new post-Floyd nonsensical approach that many other cities have. You still have bad areas like all metro’s, but parts of Brickel are great, as is much of South Beach. Sadly,
I’d feel safer walking there than in midtown NYC which used to feel like the safest place of any city ever. Worth a visit just for the food.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm here to tell everyone, and I was pleasantly shocked, in terms of living/visiting a family member (not sure how much there is to do as a tourist), downtown Chicago was awesome. I liked it BETTER than I used to like midtown Manhattan up until a few years ago.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm here to tell everyone, and I was pleasantly shocked, in terms of living/visiting a family member (not sure how much there is to do as a tourist), downtown Chicago was awesome. I liked it BETTER than I used to like midtown Manhattan up until a few years ago.

I don’t know. If we’re talking pre-Covid, the Halal truck on 52nd alone may tip the scales. That was midnight second dinner many nights.

I do agree though that the area near the CBOT was very nice and not what I expected.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Leesburg. Just seems dirty to me, and not in a good way
Son just got out of Tacoma, worked in Seattle, his Wife is from the Olympic Peninsula. She couldn't wait to get down here to Fl.
Olympic Peninsula is pretty laid back, mostly conservative and some of the best scenery to be had in the states IMO. Cities are schiff holes.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
If it were up to me, I'd never set foot in the state of California, Oregon, Washington, New York, and any of New England. Then you could add Chicago and Atlanta.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tallahassee.

Tragically, I have in-laws who are denizens of that cesspool and thus I am forced to visit occasionally.

In its defense though, it can be a lot of fun when we beat the hell out of them up there.

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Tallahassee.

Tragically, I have in-laws who are denizens of that cesspool and thus I am forced to visit occasionally.

In its defense though, it can be a lot of fun when we beat the hell out of them up there.

Alex.

When traveling west on I10, my parents(mostly my mother) wouldn’t let us stop in Tallahassee. Have to pee? Use better judgement. Hungry? Have some almonds. Think you have pneumonia? All part of the experience. I didn’t step foot in that city until I was in my late 20s and a then coked up gf wanted Whataburger on the way back from PC. Hated the whole time. Place sucks.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
When traveling west on I10, my parents(mostly my mother) wouldn’t let us stop in Tallahassee. Have to pee? Use better judgement. Hungry? Have some almonds. Think you have pneumonia? All part of the experience. I didn’t step foot in that city until I was in my late 20s and she wanted Whataburger on the way back from PC. Hated the whole time. Place sucks.
To my knowledge, I have been through Tallahassee one time and that was almost 3 years ago when helping our preacher move his mother from south of Tampa up to Scottsboro, AL. I stopped at a Zaxby's for food then went on our way. The place smelled horrible. I also had Whataburger last year in Huntsville, AL for my first, and hopefully only time ever. I'd rather go back to Tallahassee to eat at Zaxby's rather than go eat at a Whataburger again. That place, or at least their food, is :barfaway: :barfaway: :barfaway:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
When traveling west on I10, my parents(mostly my mother) wouldn’t let us stop in Tallahassee. Have to pee? Use better judgement. Hungry? Have some almonds. Think you have pneumonia? All part of the experience. I didn’t step foot in that city until I was in my late 20s and a then coked up gf wanted Whataburger on the way back from PC. Hated the whole time. Place sucks.
The greatest thing ever built in Tallacrappee were the two "zip in, piss, zip out" rest areas they built on each side of I-10 on the western edge of that schithole...

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The greatest thing ever built in Tallacrappee were the two "zip in, piss, zip out" rest areas they built on each side of I-10 on the eastern edge of that schithole...

I understand there’s a stadium of sorts there where football is played. Ron Zook Field, I believe, is the name. Perhaps worth a quick visit.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Vegas baby. I used to tear that town up. Now every inch of it makes me want to hurl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator