Wednesday Worsts….Hygiene Habits

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What lack of hygiene manners bothers you the most?

A) Coughing constantly, not covering mouth
B) Sneezing and spraying
C) Blowing nose (farmer blowing nose)
D) Body odor
E) half eaten ham sammich
F) bad dental hygiene/bad breath
G) chewing with mouth open
H) nasty feet/toenails

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
D. There’s no reason for the stinch some people walk around in.

I feel like C is all but dead at this point. My grandfather would do that and then put the rag in his pocket.

A & B is generally associated with toddlers, to whom I give a pass.

I’ll add another, if that’s ok. The white build up in the corner of people’s mouth. It almost always goes hand in hand with terrible breath, which is actually the worst of all, imo.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Chewing with your mouth open. Does that count has a hygiene issue? It's amazing how this awful habit transcends all walks of life, and it makes me want to hurl.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Chewing with your mouth open. Does that count has a hygiene issue? It's amazing how this awful habit transcends all walks of life, and it makes me want to hurl.

I have in laws that do this. In their defense, they were raised in a village that still has no power and eventually got dropped off in NYC to fend for themselves, so I try to look the other way on certain things. But still, it’s terrible. You’ve come all this way and can’t let go of that?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Ooooooooooo
This is on the top of my list and I forgot to add it. Drives me bonkers. Especially if it’s near my ears where I can hear all the sounds. Our kids would do it when they were young. GROSS!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I see someone in flipflops or something.... and their feet are beyond nasty

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
D. There’s no reason for the stinch some people walk around in.

I feel like C is all but dead at this point. My grandfather would do that and then put the rag in his pocket.

A & B is generally associated with toddlers, to whom I give a pass.

I’ll add another, if that’s ok. The white build up in the corner of people’s mouth. It almost always goes hand in hand with terrible breath, which is actually the worst of all, imo.

What makes you think I wouldn’t be ok with you deviating from the list and choosing your own? :dunno:

For A&B I was thinking about adults. We both have family members that do these. It makes my skin crawl.

Yes, bad breath is gross too.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Do I need to suggest an appropriate day of the week for Favorites??? Maybe a day that starts with a consonance letter... :heehee:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Do I need to suggest an appropriate day of the week for Favorites??? Maybe a day that starts with a consonance letter... :heehee:

I’ve told you before, this is not my tradition, but I’m just carrying the torch. Maybe you can blame @jdh5484? He might have started it years ago.

My dad likes to tell the story about cooking a Christmas ham. You start off by cutting off the ends of the ham. He didn’t know why you had to do that, they just always did. Finally, someone thought to go ask grandma why. She said she always did it because it wouldn’t fit in the pan.

Last edited:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I’ve told you before, this is not my tradition, but I’m just carrying the torch. Maybe you can blame @jdh5484? He might have started it years ago.

My dad likes to tell the story about cooking a Christmas ham. You start off my cutting off the ends of the ham. He didn’t know why you had to do that, they just always did. Finally, someone thought to go ask grandma why. She said she always did it because it wouldn’t fit in the pan.
Yes. You've explained that before. I just keep teasing you because you will eventually change it or I continue to get enjoyment out of teasing you. :grouphug:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
What lack of hygiene manners bothers you the most?

A) Coughing constantly, not covering mouth
B) Sneezing and spraying
C) Blowing nose (farmer blowing nose)
D) Body odor
E) half eaten ham sammich
F) bad dental hygiene/bad breath
G) chewing with mouth open
H) nasty feet/toenails
Just how does a farmer blow his nose and be disgusting, then what is the proper way? Is it the old one finger against a nostril and blow hard through the other, then wipe on his long sleeved work shirt?:eek3:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just how does a farmer blow his nose and be disgusting, then what is the proper way? Is it the old one finger against a nostril and blow hard through the other, then wipe on his long sleeved work shirt?:eek3:
My Dad did the one finger against nostril. Grandpa was a share cropper. No handkerchiefs in the cotton fields. (which I think are truly disgusting)

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

My dad likes to tell the story about cooking a Christmas ham. You start off my cutting off the ends of the ham. He didn’t know why you had to do that, they just always did. Finally, someone thought to go ask grandma why. She said she always did it because it wouldn’t fit in the pan.
michael cohen idk GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.