Wednesday Worsts...Most Painful

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The balance of pain yet shame from a toe cramp in a pool is hard to match. Momentarily debilitating, followed by realizing you just needed to drink 6 oz of water.

So, basically every week in trailerbama?
Your "trailerbama" comment got me to thinking so I did a quick bit of research. The latest data that I could find showed that from 1980 until 1990 the number of mobile homes in Alabama and Florida increased considerably. Bama went from 124,158 to 217,784 mobile homes in those ten years. Quite an increase huh? At the same time, Florida went from 457,698 to 762,227. Florida had the most mobile homes for any state in both 1980 and 1990. I didn't have the time to search further to see if I could find any more recent data so I guess if you want to that's your choice. Until then, I think "trailerbama" needs to be changed to trailergator... Cheers! :lol2:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I didn't have the time to search further

Sure. This was a tough search when Billy shorts the trailer park wifi by spilling his dip cup, so I helped you out:

How many mobile/manufactured homes are there in Alabama?

“There are 305,749 mobile homes in Alabama, which represents 13.5% of the total housing stock in the state, according to the 2017 American Community Survey, by the U.S. Census Bureau.”

13% of the entire state’s housing!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Sure. This was a tough search when Billy shorts the trailer park wifi by spilling his dip cup, so I helped you out:

How many mobile/manufactured homes are there in Alabama?

“There are 305,749 mobile homes in Alabama, which represents 13.5% of the total housing stock in the state, according to the 2017 American Community Survey, by the U.S. Census Bureau.”

13% of the entire state’s housing!
Nice! Thanks for the help there. Those numbers seem a bit high from my perspective though. But then again, the bulk of my traveling consists of driving from my home to Redstone Arsenal except for when my job sends me to places like Kauai, HI or Anchorage, AK so I don't really see that many house trailers...

I did notice too from your link that Florida leads the nation in the number of mobile homes with 841,439 trailers which is 8.9% of the total housing stock. Incidentally, Florida's numbers are over twice the number of trailers in Georgia and about 4 times as many as in Mississippi where I would expect there to be a lot more than there are.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Nice! Thanks for the help there. Those numbers seem a bit high from my perspective though. But then again, the bulk of my traveling consists of driving from my home to Redstone Arsenal except for when my job sends me to places like Kauai, HI or Anchorage, AK so I don't really see that many house trailers...

I did notice too from your link that Florida leads the nation in the number of mobile homes with 841,439 trailers which is 8.9% of the total housing stock. Incidentally, Florida's numbers are over twice the number of trailers in Georgia and about 4 times as many as in Mississippi where I would expect there to be a lot more than there are.
Why do you think native Floridians pray for Cat 5 hurricanes to scour the state annually? Particularly the areas south of Orlando. Except Kissimmee, Cowtown USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.