Welcome 2018 3* Safety Randy Russell

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not particularly thrilled with this commitment. But I really don't know much about him. He is supposedly in a rising senior and one more of the coveted safeties in the country. But I don't know if that's just spin or not.

He decommitted from Miami when we started pursuing him.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dang I'm so good this site creates threads for me? Lmao.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see where and how this guy does. But what I do like is it's looking that we are really trying (I said trying) to have a presence in South Florida. It may take a few of these guys to repair some damaged relationships on the recruiting trail. I still say keep Nord and Nussy out of South Florida.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I think this guy will be good but i'm still hoping we can get CJ smith back in this class. Can't teach his size and he was a 4star.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Welcome dude....you're our 75th DB on the roster!

I know this is the accepted joke on here - that we oversign DB's. Well, the fact is; we don't. Go look at the f'ing roster. Now that we lost Harris for the season we're up sh*t's creek and we will very, very likely see a true freshman starting this fall. So, if we had 75 DB's on the roster we wouldn't be in a position to HAVE to start a true freshman. The "we sign too many DB's" schtick is complete Bullsh*t!

Also, this day and age of dual threat QB's and spread offenses have mandated MORE DB's and/or hybrid type LB's. That's why we had success w/ guys like Brian Poole, who at 5'10 209lbs is a perfect example of these type's we are seeing college defense's use.

So, I'm happy to see us get a commit from a DB like Russell.

We'll see where and how this guy does. But what I do like is it's looking that we are really trying (I said trying) to have a presence in South Florida. It may take a few of these guys to repair some damaged relationships on the recruiting trail. I still say keep Nord and Nussy out of South Florida.

Yes, we're making a "splash" in south Florida the last few years.....but at the detriment of giving up Jacksonville/NE Florida and the state of Georgia. We signed ZERO from both last year and the one's we have signed the last 3 classes haven't been the top talent from those areas. We've essentially conceded Jacksonville to FSU, Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State....and any other school that wants to go toe-to-toe w/ us there. We need to continue our push into south Florida, yes...but we need to also not forget about our bread and butter areas. No excuses to whiff in Jacksonville AND the state of Georgia.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hope he can turn into an Ahmad Black type. Good not great offer sheet

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online