Welcome 2018 3* Safety Randy Russell

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is the accepted joke on here - that we oversign DB's. Well, the fact is; we don't. Go look at the f'ing roster.
We have plenty of DBs. They are called 3rd string WRs.

We keep signing a fvkking ton of these three star DBs none of whom amount to shyt and half of whom transfer. You can clap every time we sign the next CJ McWilliamson all you want

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We have plenty of DBs. They are called 3rd string WRs.

We keep signing a fvkking ton of these three star DBs none of whom amount to shyt and half of whom transfer. You can clap every time we sign the next CJ McWilliamson all you want

You say a lot of asinine things, but I think this old saying of yours takes the cake.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I think this guy will be good but i'm still hoping we can get CJ smith back in this class. Can't teach his size and he was a 4star.
Not happening. He released a top 5 and UF wasn't in it. Instead of Smith and Tyreke Johnson we'll finished with Deontai and Randy. Smh

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is the accepted joke on here - that we oversign DB's. Well, the fact is; we don't. Go look at the f'ing roster. Now that we lost Harris for the season we're up sh*t's creek and we will very, very likely see a true freshman starting this fall. So, if we had 75 DB's on the roster we wouldn't be in a position to HAVE to start a true freshman. The "we sign too many DB's" schtick is complete Bullsh*t!

Settle down. It's just a joke.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tell that to Eli Williams or Keiwan Ratliff.

There is a reason Trailerbammer doesnt take 5 or 6 Dbs every fvkkng year and we do. Nobody wants those kids so its easy to get another commit when we can do anything elae.

Dude, those kids were 8 coaching staff's ago. I understand we sign a few CJ McWilliams.....but we also sign a few Ahmad Black's. Every school does. Show me a college football team that hits on every DB, QB, OL, LB, etc they sign.

The FACT is we are about to see a true freshman CB starting for us this fall because we DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH DB's ON OUR ROSTER!!!

HELLO!!!!!

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Dude, those kids were 8 coaching staff's ago. I understand we sign a few CJ McWilliams.....but we also sign a few Ahmad Black's. Every school does. Show me a college football team that hits on every DB, QB, OL, LB, etc they sign.

The FACT is we are about to see a true freshman CB starting for us this fall because we DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH DB's ON OUR ROSTER!!!

HELLO!!!!!
Ahmad Black was a 4*. DBU was built on 4-5* talent . CJ Williams type kids make up most of our current secondary. According to 247

McWilliams 3*
Linton 3*
Edwards 3*
Burnett 3*
Deontai 3*
Russell 3*
Putu 2-3*
Davis 3*
Stiner 3*
Wilson 3*
D. Wilson 3*

The reason why we're starting true freshman is because this staff sucks at recruiting defense. We have got almost zero production out of The 2015-2016 classes. It's the same reason we're relying on FR DTs and SO LBers. This staff has recruited just as bad on defense as WM on offense. We have 11 commits currently and six of them are not in the top 400 on 247. Not one or 2 but 6!!!! Of the 30+ guys Mac has signed on defense or are committed 22 are outside of the 247 top 400. If You extend it to the top 300 UF has signed or committed 8 outta 30 or 40 defensive players. The problem is this staff has missed at all those offensive/defensive positions far more times than they've hit. This staff and roster are a dumpster fire.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ahmad Black was a 4*. DBU was built on 4-5* talent . CJ Williams type kids make up most of our current secondary. According to 247

McWilliams 3*
Linton 3*
Edwards 3*
Burnett 3*
Deontai 3*
Russell 3*
Putu 2-3*
Davis 3*
Stiner 3*
Wilson 3*
D. Wilson 3*

The reason why we're starting true freshman is because this staff sucks at recruiting defense. We have got almost zero production out of The 2015-2016 classes. It's the same reason we're relying on FR DTs and SO LBers. This staff has recruited just as bad on defense as WM on offense. We have 11 commits currently and six of them are not in the top 400 on 247. Not one or 2 but 6!!!! Of the 30+ guys Mac has signed on defense or are committed 22 are outside of the 247 top 400. If You extend it to the top 300 UF has signed or committed 8 outta 30 or 40 defensive players. The problem is this staff has missed at all those offensive/defensive positions far more times than they've hit. This staff and roster are a dumpster fire.

But Mac has a 96% approval rate!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

McWilliams 3*
Linton 3*
Edwards 3*
Burnett 3*
Deontai 3*
Russell 3*
Putu 2-3*
Davis 3*
Stiner 3*
Wilson 3*
D. Wilson 3*

This staff does a very good job of recruiting DE.

They do a good job of bringing in solid guys at DT but they don't bring on enough guys. This is going to end up costing us a couple games down the road when we just don't have the depth to lineup against power running teams who will exhaust us late in the game. The only way to offset this is to have a power offense. Which we do not have yet.

They've actually brought in a couple guys at linebacker who I didn't think would be world beaters and I was worried about us really struggling at that position - but the kids they brought on have been pretty good.

DB has been a bit of a dumpster fire though. And I'm not sure why. I think we are going to really struggle on the corners this year. It may look a lot like 2007. Either Henderson or Wilson (or both) are going to have to come in to lock down a spot. with our reputation regarding that position, this should've never happened.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

They do a good job of bringing in solid guys at DT but they don't bring on enough guys. This is going to end up costing us a couple games down the road when we just don't have the depth to lineup against power running teams who will exhaust us late in the game. The only way to offset this is to have a power offense. Which we do not have yet.

They've actually brought in a couple guys at linebacker who I didn't think would be world beaters and I was worried about us really struggling at that position - but the kids they brought on have been pretty good.

DB has been a bit of a dumpster fire though. And I'm not sure why. I think we are going to really struggle on the corners this year. It may look a lot like 2007. Either Henderson or Wilson (or both) are going to have to come in to lock down a spot. with our reputation regarding that position, this should've never happened.

Which is why we need to score alot of points.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

One word: JUCO!!!!

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Tell that to Eli Williams or Keiwan Ratliff.

There is a reason Trailerbammer doesnt take 5 or 6 Dbs every fvkkng year and we do. Nobody wants those kids so its easy to get another commit when we can do anything elae.

But you always say anyone is able to throw on Alabama

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, welcome aboard Randy! My comments aren't about this kid but rather continued roster mismanagement.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But you always say anyone is able to throw on Alabama
Yes, bc of the type of defense they play and the type of dbs they play (runstoppers not cover guys). The same is true of Chimp and you saw it all four years. People toasted us deep almost at will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator