Well ok then Franks...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
No one denies his big arm. It is between the ears I'm worried about. Good to see him putting in work though.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No one denies his big arm. It is between the ears I'm worried about. Good to see him putting in work though.

Yea I obviously know that this means nothing if he is a Driskel, however I didn't know he had THAT big of an arm.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Weird how many of you Driskel fans hate Franks before he has even stepped on the field. So far Franks has half the turnovers that Driskel had vs Miami. There is little doubt that he isn't ready, no freshman is. You guys would have crucified Wuerffel. He wasn't very good at all his first two years.

However, it's equally true that having a big arm really doesn't mean anything. Accuracy and decision making is all that matters. Plenty of noodle arms have been great Qbs in college and the NFL.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Weird how many of you Driskel fans hate Franks before he has even stepped on the field.

Who here is hating on Franks? Since when are concerns about his awful mechanics or the lack of coaching he received, which puts him so far behind, hating? I've stated on multiple occasions I'm rooting for him to win the job because of his athleticism. I think you are growing delusional.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The positive point I take from this 78-yard feat hoovers around the deceleration of the ball
near the end of the ball's flight. Ergo, a harder thrower, with "good aim", will get the ball into the
receiver's hands before a DB can block it or intercept it. So that's good.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
So we either have Favre or JaMarcus Russel.
Nobody is as dumb as Russell. Er, ah, Lets see. Did JD ever figure out to throw the ball away rather than take a sack. I can't remember.

Big arms are nice but over rated. Are any of you guys old enough to remember Houston Astros pitcher/manager Larry Derker? I played post football with him at Fort Ord. He could throw a football 80 yards but he was all over the place. Kind of like "Rudy the Rifle" Bukich, who reportedly threw a ball 100 yards one time. Of course, he was all over the place but did manage to play in the NFL for 15 years.

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing how effortlessly he tosses the ball 50 yards, I'm not at all surprised he can throw it 78.

Now let's wait a year and see what our quarterback whisperer can do with this very raw talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator