Well ok then Franks...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's just nice to have more than one QB option or in the pipeline. Something good has to evolve from all the competition.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't that exactly what you did with Trask?
No, it's exactly what I did to us wasting a scholarship on a guy who hasn't played since junior high, a guy who couldn't get a scholarship offer from Alabama State.

You guys can continue your delusions that our coaches know more than the Sabans, Creyers, and Jimbos of the world all you want.

Last edited:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You can teach a QB all about Football but you can't teach how to throw a FB 80 yards!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait to see Trask start a game, just because it'll mean law will go bat sh!t crazy!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Coming out of high school, the kid was more accurate than Franks. His arm was just as good. His mechanics were superior. His pocket awareness was superior. His understanding of the passing game was superior because Kirk Martin is an outstanding coach. He beat out every QB at UF camps. If he is a waste of a scholly then Franks is too. And stop with the not starting thing. You look like a retard Law. Martin explained that repeatedly.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've said this before on the Trask thread earlier. If the kid works out its a win win for all. And he certainly had a better spring than Franks. I'll be happy and give huge kudos to Franks when a UF receiver is on the other end of that 78 yard throw. Until then he has A LOT of work to do.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Nobody is as dumb as Russell. Er, ah, Lets see. Did JD ever figure out to throw the ball away rather than take a sack. I can't remember.

Big arms are nice but over rated. Are any of you guys old enough to remember Houston Astros pitcher/manager Larry Derker? I played post football with him at Fort Ord. He could throw a football 80 yards but he was all over the place. Kind of like "Rudy the Rifle" Bukich, who reportedly threw a ball 100 yards one time. Of course, he was all over the place but did manage to play in the NFL for 15 years.

houdier1_20080704690.jpg

Larry Dierker goes back even before the Astros to when Houston was known as the Colt '45's.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His pocket awareness was superior.
He doesn't have pocket awareness. He has never had his redshirt off. He's a flag football player. You won't know anything about pocket awareness until he gets hit in the teeth.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And you can continue your delusions that you know better than Mac.....
What are you talking about? Mac was kissing Frank's azz to land him. And had him 3rd string in the spring game, much to the chagrine of all you lovers of the clipboard holder for the scout team.

You guys fall for this crap every year. "I heard Provancha and Guy are pushing for the starting job!"

Franks does have a long way to go. They all have a long, long way to go. Even Del Rio.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
What are you talking about? Mac was kissing Frank's azz to land him. And had him 3rd string in the spring game, much to the chagrine of all you lovers of the clipboard holder for the scout team.

You guys fall for this crap every year. "I heard Provancha and Guy are pushing for the starting job!"

Franks does have a long way to go. They all have a long, long way to go. Even Del Rio.
We won't know anything about them until the bullets start flying and see how they react when their opponents come with bad intentions.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
True. There is so much for all QBs to learn and get acclimated to. And how they'll react, there's no telling. I'm just pleased that we have 4 better options than Freon back there. We are far better off than now then what we were the last half of the season. It just gets old with all the hype on these kids and it doesn't pay off. So what on a 78 yard pass. Just hit the dang routes and move the offense. Franks will be fine along with the other QBs but he's going to have to earn it. And if the spring is any indication I'm sure he notices the work he has to do.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
of all you lovers of the clipboard holder

Most of us "lovers" of Trask are just pulling for the kid to succeed. We are a bit surprised that he seems better than he is ranked and that Mac has faith the guy can play at this level enough to give him a scholarship. I dont know if he will ever play for us or not but the kid has heart and a talented arm and throws a good looking football. Im pulling for him..hes a gator now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought you were going to admit you were just trying to piss me off. You and I both know it's true.

He is like Tyler Murphy, our last big two star reach, only far, far more of a reach. I hated it when we signed Murphy too bc he just didn't have the talent to play QB on this level. He played better than Dipshytskel of course, but TM's deficiencies were quickly obvious once we were forced to play him. At least Murphy would have made a decent slot receiver or punt returner.

Of course I will pull for him to succeed but we should never be in this position of taking guys that the Citadel and Jax State wouldn't consider. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Many times I will post something about Trask just to piss you off. I still call BS on your assessment though. Mac knows better than you on ANY football recruit or subject.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He is like Tyler Murphy, our last big two star reach, only far, far more of a reach.

Stop posting while drunk. You are embarrassing yourself at this point. :facepalm:

By the way, here is what Nussie said the first time he saw Trask,

"Florida offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Doug Nussmeier first saw Trask in the spring.
Martin made Trask the first-team quarterback that day and had him, among other drills, throwing 22-yard comeback routes from the opposite hashmark. Trask dominated the drill and caught Nussmeier's eye. "Coach Nussmeier said to me, 'You're right Kirk. That kid is incredible. I have been all over the country and have not seen a five-star better than him.'" (Houston Chronicle, 8-4-2015)

"Trask went to Florida's Friday Night Lights camp two weekends ago. Martin said Nussmeier told him Trask was better than all of the five-star recruits who attended."

But hey, you know more than them. Keep on with your comments, but you only look like a moron. Also, Jake Allen attended FNL. Nussie's comments mean Trask outperformed Allen at the camp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator