What if Cam Newton stayed at Florida?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We would be sitting on at least 4 championships, Meyer would still be our HC and everyone would be praising Foley. Damn you Cam. :angry:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n280301 said:
We would be sitting on at least 4 championships, Meyer would still be our HC and everyone would be praising Foley. Damn you Cam. :angry:

Not sure I agree with that. ESPN's piece about Meyer's fall with us paints a picture of a coach that had lost complete control of the program and the respect of many of his players. He had long since checked out by the time he had resigned for good.

I will say that to this day, I've never seen a high school highlight reel like Cam's. I remember thinking he'd be even better than Timmy and being so pumped we signed him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n280315 said:
Not sure I agree with that. ESPN's piece about Meyer's fall with us paints a picture of a coach that had lost complete control of the program and the respect of many of his players. He had long since checked out by the time he had resigned for good.
If Meyer knew that Cam Newton was going to be there and could be the player he thought he could be, it may have changed his outlook of the team considerably, and his future there.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
None of that changes the fact that Urban Meyer is the only football coach in the history of football to retire due to vaginal cramps. Cam was on his way out due to academic fraud. Sure, what could have been is fun to think about, but it was never going to happen.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n280326 said:
Who knows, and generally who cares?

gPE89.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n280335 said:
:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

There's no scenario in which Cam Newton was staying at Florida.
Yawn. No ****, Sherlock. The question is, what if he had? It's a hypothetical scenario.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n280337 said:
Yawn. No ****, Sherlock. The question is, what if he had? It's a hypothetical scenario.

What if the Patriots all got their college eligibility back and decided to play at Florida for four years?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n280343 said:
What if the Patriots all got their college eligibility back and decided to play at Florida for four years?

We'd get the death penalty for cheating? Too soon? :dunno:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n280319 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post

If Meyer knew that Cam Newton was going to be there and could be the player he thought he could be, it may have changed his outlook of the team considerably, and his future there.

Possibly. Assuming Cam had stayed and Meyer had avoided his, ahem, "health issues", that dynastic run would have been record breaking. It is likely we would have beaten Bammer in the '09 SECCG, then won the Natty that year. Figure maybe two more of each while Cam was here and assuming Meyer's head was still with it.

Still, even that "dream scenario" will pale in comparison to the championships that Mac will bring us. :dance:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he stayed, one or two extra NC, and we would be in year 2 or 3 of the " new regime.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n280347 said:
Possibly. Assuming Cam had stayed and Meyer had avoided his, ahem, "health issues", that dynastic run would have been record breaking. It is likely we would have beaten Bammer in the '09 SECCG, then won the Natty that year. Figure maybe two more of each while Cam was here and assuming Meyer's head was still with it.

Still, even that "dream scenario" will pale in comparison to the championships that Mac will bring us. :dance:

What would Cam Newton have done to keep us from getting our asses handed to us by Bama in 2009? Play defense? Defend a screen pass? Tackle Greg McElroy to keep him from hopping up the sideline for a first down?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n280350 said:
What would Cam Newton have done to keep us from getting our asses handed to us by Bama in 2009? Play defense? Defend a screen pass? Tackle Greg McElroy to keep him from hopping up the sideline for a first down?

I was following Ox's scenario that Meyer's head would have been screwed on straight and the program would not have been slowly disintegrating all season. We were undefeated until that day that Bammer thumped us when all those bills came due.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n280352 said:
I was following Ox's scenario that Meyer's head would have been screwed on straight and the program would not have been slowly disintegrating all season. We were undefeated until that day that Bammer thumped us when all those bills came due.

Or because our offense was questionable to $hitty all season, because it was completely predictable. Alabama had our number, but Meyer would have been fired up to recruit and put heads on straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.