What to expect from McElwain's offense

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n124319 said:
Even without Michigan and Nebraska, I think Colorado State would be happy to keep McElwain so we don't have any leverage no matter how you cut it. The buyout was a matter of public knowledge so I'm not sure why Foley would approach McElwain if in the worst case scenario he didn't plan on paying the buyout.

I think he did have a plan and knew he was going to pay some sort of a b/o. Still think there is some behind the scenes stuff going with JM, his attorney, and CSU. I know there is Nebraska and Meatchicken bait out there to see if they bite at the b/o. Just because they pay it doesn't mean JM will want those jobs. It appeared he was/is ready to hop to UF. If we had back channel stuff going with JM you can bet they did too. With a couple of schools now nibbling at the bait, Mr. Frank may be getting a bit greedy while Coach Mac is getting pissed. I feel our leverage is going to be with a coach that wants to come to UF and his employer is recanting on a promise. So let the employer/employee alienation begin.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Expect to see a balanced offense. I'm not talking 50/50, but the ability to do what's needed. If the team we are playing struggles against the pass, we throw. If they cant play the run, we pound it. It's been frustrating looking at upcoming opponents and realize you're not good at attacking certain defensive weaknesses. And this goes all the way back to the Meyer years not just Muschamp's teams. Urban's teams were usually able to overcome it with being more talented. But some of the games were frustrating from an offensive standpoint.

S

socraticsilence

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look at Oklahoma-- that's basically what McElwain wants, 60-70% of the time in shotgun with 3 WR, every now and then under center. Its a multiple approach but probably closer to the spread than pro style-- you can basically ignore what he did at Alabama as apparently Saban forced him to go pro style and under center since prior to and immediately after Alabama he ran the spread.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be looking for 1st downs and qb's that regularly move the chains. I'll be expecting to see recievers get open, quarterbacks throw to them accurately and on-time, and an offensive line that shows the ability to run AND pass block. Is it any wonder what a disaster weve been since its been 5 years since any of those things happened? They are only the most fundamental aspects of an actual offense. It's truly quite remarkable how completely horrific Florida has been on that side of the ball, almost to the point where you wonder if they were actually trying to suck.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
I remember hearing from someone on the sideline of the SECcg in 09' when we had the number one ranked D in the nation going in to that game that B Spike was coming off the field shaking his head and saying "I have no idea what is going on out there and we can't keep up with what they are doing". So I would say the guy that called that game for bama must know what he is doing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can find many youtube vids of highlights but they don't really give you a feel for anything but the bombs. Here's the only actual games I can find.

[video=youtube;Idz-eR2ITlU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idz-eR2ITlU[/video]

[video=youtube;WTbldVrLvRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTbldVrLvRA[/video]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n124319 said:
Even without Michigan and Nebraska, I think Colorado State would be happy to keep McElwain so we don't have any leverage no matter how you cut it.
Obviously this is a moot point now, but CSU was over a barrel a little. Once the guy tries to accept another job, especially with everyone aware of it, there really isn't any turning back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.