What's up peeps? Go Gators!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n187694 said:
It is not so much that no one is aware that other sports are being played. It is that no one cares about those sports.

:bsmeter:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n187694 said:
It is not so much that no one is aware that other sports are being played. It is that no one cares about those sports.

I care, I just don't get as excited about them as I do football.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n187690 said:
More importantly his avatar sucks. His avatar should clearly be Spock, preferably stoned Spock.

Well if I had a star trek avatar it would be Tuvok

th

Or a Vulcan who can lie

Vulcan_female.jpg

Being a person who wants to remain unknown, go his own way, and be for justice the Lone Ranger fits. I don't have a sidekick like Tonto, it would be nice to have someone so competent, loyal and under estimated as he was as my associate.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n187694 said:

Well now I am "no one"?? Who knew. And I at least believe that interests can be somewhat generated, after all advertising uses this all the time. I am just too lazy to create threads or I would give it a shot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n187704 said:
Well now I am "no one"?? Who knew. And I at least believe that interests can be somewhat generated, after all advertising uses this all the time. I am just too lazy to create threads or I would give it a shot.
To give you an example, when football ended at the end of 2013, traffic on the GSMB dropped at least 70%, despite the fact we had a record-breaking, Final Four basketball team tearing up the nation. No one even cared about that. So, you can imagine trying to get people interested in baseball or track or whatever. It just isn't going to happen. Not saying it's good or fair or right, it's just reality.

In the south, football is King and nothing else even comes close.

Gatorchatter is currently running at about 30% of the traffic it was getting in football season. That's going to be reality year after year after year.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That means they aren't as big of fans of Florida as those of use here. We should get special merit badges or gold stars or something. We're the 30 percenters.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n187784 said:
That means they aren't as big of fans of Florida as those of use here. We should get special merit badges or gold stars or something. We're the 30 percenters.

Av badge-- 30%er

Alex.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Well this seems like a good thread to pop in and say hi. Welcome new guy, hi everyone else. I'm still lurking....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n187797 said:
Well this seems like a good thread to pop in and say hi. Welcome new guy, hi everyone else. I'm still lurking....
Where the hell have you been?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I only care about Gator sports besides football and basketball if I am actually at the game. I have generic knowledge about the happenings in our other sports, so I am not going to pretend to know our CF hits .350 or our star lacrosse player got hurt.
However, if I were actually at the baseball/lacrosse/etc game, then I would be rooting for them like crazy. But I wouldn't go online to discuss the game afterwards.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n187968 said:
I only care about Gator sports besides football and basketball if I am actually at the game. I have generic knowledge about the happenings in our other sports, so I am not going to pretend to know our CF hits .350 or our star lacrosse player got hurt.
However, if I were actually at the baseball/lacrosse/etc game, then I would be rooting for them like crazy. But I wouldn't go online to discuss the game afterwards.

You are not a 30%er.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with "hi ho Silver" … other sports just need persistent advertising representation. I surely enjoyed watching (TV) our
excellent winning (NC) softball team and I remember posting about players' excellence. They were fun to watch.

If my brain-memory worked correctly, I would search out TV Gator Volleyball, Soccer (don't like soccer), even Lacross.
Yeah, probably I would turn to something else if we were playing like losers - something I don't do with football, basketball.
I like track. Great effort & exciting finishes. I've watched bits of Gator gymnastics when I stumbled onto it.

Winning with excellence is the best attractant. It deserves celebratory threads and us fans need the positive jabber.

:lalala:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n187702 said:
Or a Vulcan who can lie
Vulcan_female.jpg
Ooooookay. I don't really watch Star Trek so I guess I didn't know there were more vulcans on the show. If she is really the best represenation of you then good for you. If you were a real Vulcan, I'm sure you'd be a hot one.

Next question, do all Vulcans get their hair cut at the same place as Zach Albowlverdi?

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n188125 said:
Ooooookay. I don't really watch Star Trek so I guess I didn't know there were more vulcans on the show, but if she is really the best represenation of you then good for you.

If you were a real Vulcan, I'm sure you'd be a hot one.

Next question, do all Vulcans get their hair cut at the same place as Zach Albowlverdi?

:scared:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator