What's your favorite Gators game vs UGA?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think it was 84 when we beat them 27-0. Rare to notch a win over them back then. Goal line stand, bomb afterwards. Great win.

That’s mine, too. That ended a 6-game losing streak to them. Great Wall and the best Gator team to that point.

I also loved 2008.

And the 1993 Anthone Lott time-out in the rain. Hysterical.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Had to be '84. After years of Hershel Walker and Run Lyndsy, Run. Think we stopped them on 4th down at the goal line too. Plus I had a hottie with me who rocked my world afterword. :giggity:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
93 rain game and 95 in Athens.
These were great games wrapped around memorable (somewhat) road trip party weekends with good stories to tell the kids (not!).

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you understand this is a GATOR message board???
You probably weren't even born. If you were, you were too young to appreciate football.

That was easily the most pissed I've been from a football game, or any game, period. Impossible to describe the shift in emotion from midway through the final quarter to that little dump by Belue with Gator defenders in his face and about to sack him. We thought we had it.

Until that fateful moment, it was an impossibly great day for Pell and his young, upstart team.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has there ever been a more frustrating play in a Gator win than Will Hill's OT interception return that went out at the 1 yard line? :lol:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
2008 is the best for me. The year before and the amount of fans around me as I lived in Atlanta at the time in 2007. They truly thought they were going to win it all in 08. All that build up to give them their second beat down of the year.

2001 was nice for me as for some reason all the Ugly fans in college thought they had a chance. They were legitimately upset after this game and I have no reason why other than they truly thought they could upset us somehow.

Also crushing their souls during the Zook years always gives me pleasure.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Has there ever been a more frustrating play in a Gator win than Will Hill's OT interception return that went out at the 1 yard line? :lol:
Yep. Considering we had no faith in our Punter turned Kicker at that moment.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You probably weren't even born. If you were, you were too young to appreciate football.

That was easily the most pissed I've been from a football game, or any game, period. Impossible to describe the shift in emotion from midway through the final quarter to that little dump by Belue with Gator defenders in his face and about to sack him. We thought we had it.

Until that fateful moment, it was an impossibly great day for Pell and his young, upstart team.
Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this: “Never go in against a Master Chief, when death is on the line!”

Seriously??? You're challenging my age? I'm sure you're much older than me, but that's YOUR problem. I was in middle school and that moment is burned into my memory. Most of my young Gator memories are riddled with ugaly disappointment, that one being the worst. Thank the good Lord he sent us Spurrier to swing the momentum our way.

The thread is about favorite Jax moments. How you can bring up that game, no matter how dramatic, is beyond me.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite is every single one we beat the flea ridden leg humpers.

Fk UGAy.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I still swear to this day that he touched the pylon with the ball before going out. Game should’ve been over with right there

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ha-ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this: “Never go in against a Master Chief, when death is on the line!”

Seriously??? You're challenging my age? I'm sure you're much older than me, but that's YOUR problem. I was in middle school and that moment is burned into my memory. Most of my young Gator memories are riddled with ugaly disappointment, that one being the worst. Thank the good Lord he sent us Spurrier to swing the momentum our way.

The thread is about favorite Jax moments. How you can bring up that game, no matter how dramatic, is beyond me.
Surprising to hear a military guy not able to acknowledge that some of the best moments in life are the toughest.

I don't need reminding how difficult that game was or how it burns 40 years later. I've suffered Georgia far more than you. Perspective, my friend.

How we're different is how we define entertainment. That will forever remain the best Georgia-Florida game in my mind, not for the outcome but for the struggle and how we nearly pulled off what everyone thought was impossible. If you remember the game so well, I'm surprised you overlook that.

Did I enjoy it more than, say, Half a Hundred Between the Hedges? Of course not. I'm simply trying to translate candid thoughts.

Don't be foolish and try and challenge my Gator commitment. I'm a UF grad and have plenty to show for it after 44 years.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

And the DB on the play (Vito McKeever?) was playing with a bad knee, which gave way and prevented him from making the tackle.

And it got worse. The next year we lost by the exact same score, despite Herschel who was the greatest player in college football in my lifetime (I’m 58), or since Jim Brown and until Tebow.

And it got worse. The next year I went to my first Fla-Ga game. We lost 44-0 and there was a freezing cold breeze blowing on my back the whole #%&$ time. I sat right on the goal line, very low, amazed at how high Herschel flew above the pileup on the line. I think he had 225 yards that game.

Which brings me back to the sweetness of 1984. (I was there again.)

And I loved 1994. Hambrick’s impossible pick-6 and the monstrous beat-down. Just beautiful.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still swear to this day that he touched the pylon with the ball before going out. Game should’ve been over with right there
Unfortunately, no, he clearly stepped out at the 1 before extending the ball to the pylon. Pretty much sums up Will Hill's Gator career in a nutshell.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016

People forget the Richard Appleby disaster. It was just as bad as the game of which you speak!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
People forget the Richard Appleby disaster. It was just as bad as the game of which you speak!
Gadget play that took the Florida defense by surprise and cost us a win. Yet another awful ending.

We were front runners during the Dickey years. Never more evident than Fourth and Dumb.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Gadget play that took the Florida defense by surprise and cost us a win. Yet another awful ending.

We were front runners during the Dickey years. Never more evident than Fourth and Dumb.
Yep

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
05 was my favorite. The puppies were so arrogant before. They didn’t even consider us a threat. Its like they thought we were in the 80s or something but UF was the equivalent of Vandy. The disappointment on their face afterwards was amazing. Plus, slept on a surfboard on the beach and went sunrise surfing the next morning. Great time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator