What's your favorite Gators game vs UGA?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
05 was my favorite. The puppies were so arrogant before. They didn’t even consider us a threat. Its like they thought we were in the 80s or something but UF was the equivalent of Vandy. The disappointment on their face afterwards was amazing. Plus, slept on a surfboard on the beach and went sunrise surfing the next morning. Great time.

Great story. Had to have been freezing out though. We’d just been hit by Wilma and even in south Florida it was actually too cold to sleep outside the few nights we had no power.

Loved that game.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Great story. Had to have been freezing out though. We’d just been hit by Wilma and even in south Florida it was actually too cold to sleep outside the few nights we had no power.

Loved that game.
We had plenty of liquid warm and some blankets. Remember throwing those jellyfish with no tentacles at each other in the line up. Good times.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We had plenty of liquid warm and some blankets. Remember throwing those jellyfish with no tentacles at each other in the line up. Good times.

Nice.

I was single and a bit of a wild man at the time. I was on like my 100th Makers Mark and we were throwing the ball pregame at one of those park and ride spots off Butler. I go deep for a severely overthrown ball and run straight into like a waist high gravel/dirt embankment at the edge of the lot, so fast that my friends said I just flipped and disappeared into the woods. Wasn’t completely unconscious but stood up pretty woozy after a few seconds apparently still holding the ball. Tried to clean up as best I could but showed up to that game with skinned, bleeding knees, a scratch on my neck, stained shirt, etc.

But...we won, and I was wearing these new drivers I’d packed by mistake that took me through the catch and the victory. So they became my official shoes and I wear them every game to this day.:lol:

One of my favorite all time game memories.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Surprising to hear a military guy not able to acknowledge that some of the best moments in life are the toughest.

I don't need reminding how difficult that game was or how it burns 40 years later. I've suffered Georgia far more than you. Perspective, my friend.

How we're different is how we define entertainment. That will forever remain the best Georgia-Florida game in my mind, not for the outcome but for the struggle and how we nearly pulled off what everyone thought was impossible. If you remember the game so well, I'm surprised you overlook that.

Did I enjoy it more than, say, Half a Hundred Between the Hedges? Of course not. I'm simply trying to translate candid thoughts.

Don't be foolish and try and challenge my Gator commitment. I'm a UF grad and have plenty to show for it after 44 years.
I guess I prefer happy endings.

And I don't think I challenged your fandom. I just don't understand why a thread aiming to discuss happy memories would inspire you to dump a bucket of ice water on everyone. Yes, adversity and failure faced with resolve can eventually earn success and victory. Rah, rah, rah. Still not the point of the thread.

I think donkey is a bad influence on you.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice.

I was single and a bit of a wild man at the time. I was on like my 100th Makers Mark and we were throwing the ball pregame at one of those park and ride spots off Butler. I go deep for a severely overthrown ball and run straight into like a waist high gravel/dirt embankment at the edge of the lot, so fast that my friends said I just flipped and disappeared into the woods. Wasn’t completely unconscious but stood up pretty woozy after a few seconds apparently still holding the ball. Tried to clean up as best I could but showed up to that game with skinned, bleeding knees, a scratch on my neck, stained shirt, etc.

But...we won, and I was wearing these new drivers I’d packed by mistake that took me through the catch and the victory. So they became my official shoes and I wear them every game to this day.:lol:

One of my favorite all time game memories.

Been almost 15 years my man , think it’s
time for some new kicks . Great story though

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Been almost 15 years my man , think it’s
time for some new kicks . Great story though

Never. Good Italian leather.

I'll take pics of them at that '38 Clemson game for you.

SpotlessVengefulHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I prefer happy endings.

And I don't think I challenged your fandom. I just don't understand why a thread aiming to discuss happy memories would inspire you to dump a bucket of ice water on everyone. Yes, adversity and failure faced with resolve can eventually earn success and victory. Rah, rah, rah. Still not the point of the thread.

I think donkey is a bad influence on you.
Click bait. Always click bait.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't say it was actually the game itself that was my favorite because we lost, but the 1985 game provided me with one of my most enduring and endearing memories in the Florida-Georgia series.

The prior year, you see, we'd beaten Georgia, thereby ending a six-game losing streak. After that victory, our fans went ape with glee, stormed the field and tore down the goalposts. The lack of police presence on the field allowed us to tear up the field and celebrate undeterred. But by the time the 1985 game rolled around, the city got wise and lined the stadium with police in riot gear and drawn nightsticks. When Georgia won, the fans in the end zone pushed down the fence and crashed the field. The UGA fans in the front rows, who were well aware of the heavily-armed police presence in front of them, became reluctant participants in the aborted celebration, receiving a brutal clubbing at the hands of enthused law enforcement personnel. The police were swinging wildly at anything that moved, cracking skulls, etc.

My friends, there are times during even the most bitter college rivalries that opposing fans can put aside their differences in moments of crisis and feel sympathy and compassion toward one another. This was definitely *NOT* one of those times. It was sheer beauty to watch the Georgia fans' joy and exuberance over their win turn into screams of horror, pain and blood-gurgling agony as the police unleashed their brutal assault. It was almost worth losing to watch it all unfold before our joy-filled eyes.

By the way, this is a great lesson to all Gators to stay until the end of the game, even if we are losing. You never know when some opposing fan will get his ass kicked for being a loudmouth or challenging law enforcement. When it happens, you want to be there to see it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I can't say it was actually the game itself that was my favorite because we lost, but the 1985 game provided me with one of my most enduring and endearing memories in the Florida-Georgia series.

The prior year, you see, we'd beaten Georgia, thereby ending a six-game losing streak. After that victory, our fans went ape with glee, stormed the field and tore down the goalposts. The lack of police presence on the field allowed us to tear up the field and celebrate undeterred. But by the time the 1985 game rolled around, the city got wise and lined the stadium with police in riot gear and drawn nightsticks. When Georgia won, the fans in the end zone pushed down the fence and crashed the field. The UGA fans in the front rows, who were well aware of the heavily-armed police presence in front of them, became reluctant participants in the aborted celebration, receiving a brutal clubbing at the hands of enthused law enforcement personnel. The police were swinging wildly at anything that moved, cracking skulls, etc.

My friends, there are times during even the most bitter college rivalries that opposing fans can put aside their differences in moments of crisis and feel sympathy and compassion toward one another. This was definitely *NOT* one of those times. It was sheer beauty to watch the Georgia fans' joy and exuberance over their win turn into screams of horror, pain and blood-gurgling agony as the police unleashed their brutal assault. It was almost worth losing to watch it all unfold before our joy-filled eyes.

By the way, this is a great lesson to all Gators to stay until the end of the game, even if we are losing. You never know when some opposing fan will get his ass kicked for being a loudmouth or challenging law enforcement. When it happens, you want to be there to see it.

This is always one of my favorite posts of this week. Well done.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have two, one was the year in Jax Quincy Carter was their QB. We are beating their ass on Off. of course but the def. was abusing Quincy. We had some of those badasss LBs (on from Santa Fe HS I think) and they were hurting the guy. I actually felt sorry for him a little.

When Georgia won, the fans in the end zone pushed down the fence and crashed the field. The UGA fans in the front rows, who were well aware of the heavily-armed police presence in front of them, became reluctant participants in the aborted celebration, receiving a brutal clubbing at the hands of enthused law enforcement personnel. The police were swinging wildly at anything that moved, cracking skulls, etc.
This was my 2nd game that stands out. They won but I had my binoculars on the field after the game. UGA fans were milling around but the cops were all over. One little bcch in her plaid black and red skirt was in a cops face. He literally cold cocked her and she went down like a pile of steaming dogg chttt. I was looking right at it. Never seen anything like it..........

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
the ones where we win...... I hate UGA so every win against them is a pure bliss. None better than the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator