Which SEC coaches get fired this year?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would have fired him in September of 2012. It was clear by then he had no clue.
I would have never hired him...after Zook i would never hire an unproven dc as head coach...especially ones with psychological issues

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Miles, Stoops, maybe Mason.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Miles for sure unless they upset Bama. I think Stoops gets one more year due to his contract. Mason is gone with 4 wins or less. 5-7 would be 50/50 probably whether they would fire Mason.

Malzahn gets fired also.

Last edited:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Miles, Malazahn, Mason, and Stoops are gone unless they have big seasons and looking at those teams; doubtful

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Miles, Malazahn, Mason, and Stoops are gone unless they have big seasons and looking at those teams; doubtful
Sumlin, too, if they fall apart in the second half of the season like they've done the last 2 years.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Sumlin, too, if they fall apart in the second half of the season like they've done the last 2 years.

Forgot about him. The West outside of Bama looks pretty average though; Sumlin might be able to finish 2nd or 3rd in the division.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Forgot about him. The West outside of Bama looks pretty average though; Sumlin might be able to finish 2nd or 3rd in the division.
A&M actually has a defense now. That is definitely an achievable goal for them.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
A&M actually has a defense now. That is definitely an achievable goal for them.

They have some decent players that's for sure. I for one am glad that we don't play them because I have a feeling their two DE's would kill us lol...outside of that I feel they are average on D but the west is bad...

Ole Miss is the only team that should have a chance to beat them outside of Bama. LSU maybe if they figure out they should run the ball

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
They have some decent players that's for sure. I for one am glad that we don't play them because I have a feeling their two DE's would kill us lol...outside of that I feel they are average on D but the west is bad...

Ole Miss is the only team that should have a chance to beat them outside of Bama. LSU maybe if they figure out they should run the ball
We play them next year :lol:

At least we get them at home though.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The west might look like the East next year in the coaching search. Malazhan, Miles, Mullen, possibly Bert, and depending on NCAA query Freeze.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the timing is such that Im expecting this to be a bloodbath. Theoretically, if we had a few decent recruiters on staff, we should be able to exploit it. Probably not though.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Of course there is an X-Factor with McElwain going forward, that being whoever fills the AD job. Not unusual for new AD's to want their own coaches unless the incumbents are hauling in the trophies.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Miles for sure unless they upset Bama. I think Stoops gets one more year due to his contract. Mason is gone with 4 wins or less. 5-7 would be 50/50 probably whether they would fire Mason.

Malzahn gets fired also.

Wait, are you suggesting that the Spurrier of the 21st century will get fired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.