Who’s ponying up to pay for this place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I am out. As Ox has stated, the site is more about the same posters griping back and forth. So, if this is what he wants and these posters want to pay every year, there you go! It is not about the money, it is about the principle. You ask for lifetime members and then Sh!t on them. It does not say anywhere in your agreement that you have to post to become a member. Yet, you dog the people who did pay and just do not like to post.
You should post more.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Separate forum for recruiting doesn’t work. It did not work here and it doesn’t work on any of the other Gator pay sites either.

But yes, I agree that there needs to be separate threads for recruiting if it’s a pay site. For a myriad of reasons.
Would be good to discuss different games.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think lifetime members should get a discount for principle, but I am in. What’s the alternative, go to Swamp Gas for censorville, no thanks.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just remember, you idiots spend $60 on a couple of pizzas, and that ends up in the toilet in a few hours.
There hasn't been any new blood in years. Besides, sometimes being "exclusive" makes new people want to join
Hey stephen, I've never in my life paid $60 on a couple of pizzas.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
brokeback mountain GIF

I ain’t going nowhere, Cowboy

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No disrespect meant here at all and I'm only speaking for myself.

I've raised three daughters on the value of their words and doing what you say you're going to do; this is integrity. Your words are only worth something if they can be trusted. If you say you're going to do something, then do it. When someone shows you their word is worth nothing, then don't invest a dime in them. There's a reason it's worthless.

I honestly don't care what anyone else thinks of my decision. However, I'd be a hypocrite to instill these lessons in my kids, only to turn around and throw more money at a guy who once upon a time sold me on a lifetime membership which included access to this board with no ads, access to locked parts of the forum, his undying love and gratitude, and the promise of never again being asked for another dime. It's not about the paltry $60/year, which is why I've turned down multiple offers from other posters to pay my way. I'll simply invest in someone else who stands by their word. No hard feelings.
Yes, "no disrespect" but I'm basically a lying, low-down scammer. You've e-known me for 15 years and suddenly I'm pond scum. I'm a horrible example for kids.

It must be nice to be so high up where you are. The fact is, if UF was a powerhouse right now you'd have already sent me the $60, so spare me your lecture.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, after @I Have No Friends :( post, (which was liked by a bunch of people who obviously feel the same way), we're done here. I don't need any more input. Keep your eyes on the sticky thread for further information.

I need to walk away from the keyboard. Perhaps I'll see things more clearly when I'm less pissed off.

If you don't see a thread at all, the idea has been suspended.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, the idea has been suspended. Perhaps temporarily, perhaps permanently. The fact is I have a lot going on and I just can't deal with the drama right now. I'll look into some of the other ideas presented to me.

I appreciate the input I got from many of you. Others really surprised me, and it's unfortunate that this concept severed some of the e-relationships we had. No hard feelings. :rolleyes3:

You guys want to talk about "saving" Gatorchatter by doing this or that. The fact is, the only thing that's going to save Gatorchatter is the Gators winning games. I could make it a 100% free board with no ads for anyone right now, and the membership wouldn't change much, if at all. In fact, it would probably continue to decline. Billy Napier is the last hope for Gatorchatter, so if you like this place, pray that he succeeds.

The comeback (for both this board and our Gators) can start this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator