Status
Not open for further replies.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Going forward it will be $5 per month for every poster that people want to put on ignore.
Im Out GIF

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m in. Every Gator site is a subscription model. Instead of “insiders”, you’re keeping your close knit Gator community together.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
1.) Why is G.C. becoming a for profit business instead of a labor of love?
2.) We are notoriously horrible toward noobs. They are always scared to post and come hard when they do. Then they get butt-hurt and run home to mommy.
3.) Free first year for the original lifetime members. Why screw over the most loyal and original posters? If the business plan is to use our collective charisma to attract a decent monthly income, better throw us a bone right off the bat.
4.) There's a couple of posters on here that I'd expect you to comp based on the quality and quantity of their contributions. It's their content that makes this place great. Cover2, sofla, couple of others that shall remain nameless.
5.) I'm on the fence about it. You're such a grouch as it is. Used to be funnier. I get that we suck right now. But it will pass. We're all dealing with it in our own way.
6.) Change sucks, but sometimes you just got to suck it up and roll with the ocean.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Honest question (below): When the lifetime membership thing came around I seem to remember there were two selling points. One was that Ox promised to never ask for money ever again...:blahblah::lol: In all fairness, I can't really knock the need for some sort of revenue.

The second selling point was "no ads."
So the question is, would it be that hard to allow a limited number of ads - as opposed to the current full-blown ad-fest without a subscription - that paid members see? Honestly with so many ads on so many pages, I could tune them out just as easily here. I don't understand exactly how the ad revenue thing works but it seems to a universal constant.

That being said, I enjoy the site enough to say that I would probably pony up.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You gotta have some sort of free trial period for new posters. Nobody is going to pony up 6 bucks much less 60 bucks to join a website they can't get a gander at first. Plus you could put the 'probies' in pink font with pokemon avatars or something so they get hazed by the regulars during "hell week." :lol:

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
Can't do it. Everything is getting more expensive, and we're barely keeping up. My wife isn't working due to health problems she's had, plus we have small children, and it's tough to get by on one salary at a place with financial problems who recently had to lay people off. I'm blessed to have job security, but I just got a promotion with only a 1.5% raise.

I'll miss posting, mostly lurking here. I guess I should wean myself off these next few weeks, so I don't have withdrawals in Oct. But it's fine. I understand why Ox is doing this. Hope it works out.
GatorJB, I gotcha. Go Gators.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You gotta have some sort of free trial period for new posters. Nobody is going to pony up 6 bucks much less 60 bucks to join a website they can't get a gander at first. Plus you could put the 'probies' in pink font with pokemon avatars or something so they get hazed by the regulars during "hell week." :lol:
What are they going to get a trial period of, making posts? He already said everyone will be able to read threads, just only paid members can post.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
If, after paying the tribute, we get banned during the year for some reason, do we get some money back prorated like a tire warranty?

1694231670200.png
Either way, count me in.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What are they going to get a trial period of, making posts? He already said everyone will be able to read threads, just only paid members can post.
He said:
Guests will be able to view the threads, just not the posts.
I took that to mean that guests could see the thread titles but not actually read the threads.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like this place and I learn alot about football and life. I'll hang around for a year just to see what happens.

I agree with others that getting new members would be a better option, even if that meant having to fund raise every year.

I think there should be a trial method for those who might join in the future.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Much to the chagrin of some folks, I'll pay for a year just to see how it goes.

But I do agree that we should have more freedom from the swear filter and that new members be given a trial period of some sort. Either that or a per month payment option. I doubt many will be willing to pay 60.00 for something they haven't seen or interacted with. And the trial period should NOT include the PF.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
I pretty much just lurk here but I’m in. I guess my “lifetime” subscription applied to LSU’s 2023 undefeated season, but it’s $60 - I’ll drink beer for a week instead of vodka. I’m good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator