Who ARE these guys?

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
That's impressive as hell when it is laid out like that. If this team maintains, they could end up being one of the best we have ever had. The future is SO bright! :chomp:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's the best writer on GC. Hell, he's one of the best sports writers in the country, period.

An interesting part was particularly concerning Richt and his antics. I didn't know that he did this against Bama last week. I by Bama was pissed and throttled them.

But the great thing about all this is, no matter how close to reality any of our predictions or projections are, no matter how close we are to being the best or even one of the best teams in the SEC after just five games in the McElwain regime, is that we are actually able to talk about these topics in complete seriousness and not as pure fantasy. That’s an amazing distance to have already advanced for a first-year coach taking over such a mess of a program. And whenever you hear or watch that first-year coach talk about his team or his players or his process, you see why he is so successful. He is just a different breed. Now, Dabo Swinney is a big hit with Clemson fans, but he is not my cup o’ tea. His inappropriate emotional outburst after the Notre Dame was something you would expect a first-year coach to do, a first-year coach trying to rebuild a struggling program and push a lot of emotional buttons as a stop gap until the substantive plan is in place. It’s not something you would expect from a guy who has been rebuilding a program for eight whole years and should already be at his peak performance level a number of years ago. And this came after a matchup of highly ranked teams that was basically a tossup. Same thing for Mark Richt, who made a fool of himself in the seventh year of his tenure at Georgia when he pre-planned that full-team end zone mob scene when they scored against Florida in 2007. But now he is in his 15th year as the Dawgs’ head man and he is STILL pulling those ridiculous beginning coach stunts, like when he sent his whole team to intercept the Alabama team when they came out of their tunnel for pregame warm-ups to nearly start a brawl. Richt is understandably not nearly as popular with Georgia fans as Swinniey is with his fans, but either way I will never understand long-established coaches who pull these sorts of juvenile amateur hour stunts to get their team motivated, instead of just going out and doing the job as a coach.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n292901 said:
I burned my battery up reading his thesis.

He obviously gets paid a penny a word....he even worked the Dwags end zone celebration from years ago into that crap

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I still want to punch that ass clown in the fuc**** neck...

Dumbass was all about Chump last year...pleading with the fan base to support giving him one more year and how if we beat FSU, we made a big mistake...

I don't care what he writes now, forever PD will be the biggest f'n Dbag I've ever come across.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great read. I'm loving Mac's motto "restore the order" when talking about the SEC. Subtle, confident, direct, "restore the order" with Florida at the top.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I also like his "we'll show up" saying. It's tough to be understated and confident at the same time, but "we'll show up" pulls off both.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting Article. Nice that we are able to talk about this again. The next chapter starts Sat. night in Mizzou.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Regardless of what PDS ever wrote in the past...that was a great article!

Like GatorJ said about PDS being a great writer, that article is sooooo unlike anything we're forced to sit through found on Gatorsports.com and was actually very entertaining.

Thanks for posting Ox as I would have never read that w/out it being on my primary source for all things Gator.

:chomp:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n292930 said:
He obviously gets paid a penny a word....he even worked the Dwags end zone celebration from years ago into that crap

So true, "goonGator". The Gator O & D wrote that article, leaving newsprint on their competitors' faces. All that
tangential "creative writing" crap just muddied the footing. I sure like reading the straight collected truth to "hear-said"
about our Gators. Besides our hyper-excited glory-bath, we take solid surprised pride in what the boys from
UF did. HC McElwain & Crew just need to keep that really fierce dominance narrative flowing ... amazing
coaching, turnaround.

Mac's visionary Andy of Mayberry wisdom suits our formally despondent Gatordom correctively.
I think the McMessage here is : "don't let your energy "leak out" in petty taunts or grandstand posturing
= not even during the week in practice; keep that outlet plugged until you can plug it into game plays."

Sep 29, 2015
Too much wind up for me. So is he saying Mac's Gators are like the Pinkerton's? Who are Butch and the Sundance Kid in his analogy?

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
rogdochar;n292962 said:
So true, "goonGator". The Gator O & D wrote that article, leaving newsprint on their competitors' faces. All that
tangential "creative writing" crap just muddied the footing. I sure like reading the straight collected truth to "hear-said"
about our Gators. Besides our hyper-excited glory-bath, we take solid surprised pride in what the boys from
UF did. HC McElwain & Crew just need to keep that really fierce dominance narrative flowing ... amazing
coaching, turnaround.

Mac's visionary Andy of Mayberry wisdom suits our formally despondent Gatordom correctively.
I think the McMessage here is : "don't let your energy "leak out" in petty taunts or grandstand posturing
= not even during the week in practice; keep that outlet plugged until you can plug it into game plays."

"McMessage" nice one right there Rog

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator