• Sammich Ala Ham

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're right to insinuate that Stricklin's fate is tied to Napier's, as well it should. That makes the situation all the more complicated. Would Stricklin fire his own guy, thus admitting his own mistake? Would UF trust Stricklin to make another hire? Does that increase the likelihood that Napier and Stricklin would get axed together? Is Sasse anywhere near to having the confidence to assert his ultimate authority?

I laugh at the concern for optics in threads on the Main Forum. Optics? We've had 14 years of bad optics. Look where we are as a result. We have to do what has to be done and not worry about what the rest of the world thinks. If getting rid of Napier before the so-called requisite three or four years is the answer or if cleaning house is needed, it's what we have to do. Doing the SOS and expecting a different result is, well, we know the answer.

Stricklin's leash might be shorter at this point than William Napier. Napier was Stricklin's McElwain hire.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I laugh at the concern for optics in threads on the Main Forum. Optics? We've had 14 years of bad optics. Look where we are as a result. We have to do what has to be done and not worry about what the rest of the world thinks.
The point is that the guys at the top care more about overall program optics than winning games. A clean program is more important to them than a winning program.

If Foley wasn't fired for a whole bunch of bad hires, why would Stricklin?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The point is that the guys at the top care more about overall program optics than winning games. A clean program is more important to them than a winning program.

If Foley wasn't fired for a whole bunch of bad hires, why would Stricklin?

Stricklin's record with soccer and softball hirings suggests otherwise. But, yes, on the surface they sound more preoccupied with optics.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin's record with soccer and softball hirings suggests otherwise. But, yes, on the surface they sound more preoccupied with optics.

That is why I said on another thread, his non-revenue hires are not helping him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FOOTBALL AD HIRINGS
Graves (Dickey, Pell)
Carr
Arnsparger (Spurrier)

ADMINISTRATIVE AD HIRINGS
Foley (Zook, Muschamp, McElwain)
Stricklin (Mullen, Napier)

OTHER HIRINGS
Machen (Meyer)

Which do you prefer?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Taking this topic one step further, neither of the two best UF hires, Spurrier or Meyer, is attributable to the AD. They were both thrust on the sitting ADs from above. Think about that a second.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Taking this topic one step further, neither of the two best UF hires, Spurrier or Meyer, is attributable to the AD. They were both thrust on the sitting ADs from above. Think about that a second.
Get Ben on line 1, pronto.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Get Ben on line 1, pronto.

I wonder if we've reached the point where you have to have co-ADs, one to serve in an executive capacity and oversee the finances and facilities, the other to head up hiring. Obviously the work load wouldn't be the same. The current system isn't working.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if we've reached the point where you have to have co-ADs, one to serve in an executive capacity and oversee the finances and facilities, the other to head up hiring. Obviously the work load wouldn't be the same. The current system isn't working.
i dunno. hiring competent individuals solves all these issues. its not a workload thing or anything complex or unique. it's just abject incompetence.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I was under the impression that we have two AD’s.
If not then what exactly does Jeremy Foley do for $400k per year?

All the top candidates that passed on the job before Scottie seemed to believe the same thing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

All the top candidates that passed on the job before Scottie seemed to believe the same thing.

Well, with check he is still shopping at Publix, almost hit with my car a few months ago... fuchers got good reflexes.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014

Wait we are still paying idiot Foley???? Wtf. Get that turd out of gville now!

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
No. We need a better AD. One that can handle the responsibilities of hiring and fund raising.

And he or she needs to hire the subordinates necessary to split these functions if needed.

There are plenty of these types and we need to hire the best one.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’d be all for GardnerWebb being named AD. But mostly, I’d just want to see his opening speech.:lol:
Excited Chris Farley GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.