• UV - Vanderbilt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n29483 said:
Guys, keep in mind we almost beat South Carolina last year - should have beaten them, in fact. That says a lot.

Not imo - SC just played conservative knowing we did bad things any time we tried to move the ball.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n29500 said:
Question...How is the East or West decided ? Is it record against the teams in your division 1st then overall SEC record with the tie breaker being head to head. I can't remember.

Its overall SEC record then head to head then division record.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n29472 said:
I'm all in with my Gators.

Don't understand why SC gets so much respect, it's certainly not their talent.

They have the best O line in the league it appears and a RB that is pretty dang good. On offense they have this season what Muschamp always dreamed he had. That is why you hear Spurrier making the comments about the conference more than usual.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think the SEC East is as weak as it's been in a long time, so really it's a toss up. Several teams have a legitimate shot.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
USC's schedule is easier, with a lower-ranked TA&M/Auburn compared to UF's LSU/UA. That, along with their experienced Offense gives them the edge for me.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
I think the SEC East is as weak as it's been in a long time, so really it's a toss up. Several teams have a legitimate shot.
Couldn't agree more.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n29483 said:
Guys, keep in mind we almost beat South Carolina last year - should have beaten them, in fact. That says a lot.
And we got boatraced by Vandy and a high school team in the Swamp. What's your point?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We really don't know what to expect from our team. The Dwags will have one of the toughest offenses, but their defense looks to be a joke. Mizzou should go back to being Mizzou. Vandy and UT may pull an upset each, but they have no shot at winning consistently. UK sux. That leaves SC with the most complete team and the best coaching, so I pick them to win the East. If our offense gets it figured out, we could be there but we have to see it to believe it.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n29624 said:
We really don't know what to expect from our team. The Dwags will have one of the toughest offenses, but their defense looks to be a joke. Mizzou should go back to being Mizzou. Vandy and UT may pull an upset each, but they have no shot at winning consistently. UK sux. That leaves SC with the most complete team and the best coaching, so I pick them to win the East. If our offense gets it figured out, we could be there but we have to see it to believe it.
Color me not convinced that Georgia will have a tough offense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n29619 said:
And we got boatraced by Vandy and a high school team in the Swamp. What's your point?
My point is South Carolina is an average team, year in, year out. Spurrier has never been able to get them over the hump. It isn't going to be any different this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n29629 said:
They've been one of the top offensive teams in the conference for over a decade. Gotta give Richt and Bobo credit for that side of the ball. It's their defense and special teams that have been their Achilles heal since he's been there. They still have solid play at WR, a more experienced OL, Gurley and Marshall. They did lose Murray at QB, but I think you'll see them going run heavy...especially early in the year until they know for sure what they have with Mason at QB. That said, they will probably be even worse than last year on defense...if that's possible. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
MJMGator;n29619 said:
My point is South Carolina is an average team, year in, year out. Spurrier has never been able to get them over the hump. It isn't going to be any different this year.
As great an offensive mind as Spurrier is, no one can overcome a lack of talent. The difference in talent for them compared to other schools in the SEC even with his better than normal recruiting classes still is pretty lopsided.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
GatorInKnox;n29629 said:
They've been one of the top offensive teams in the conference for over a decade. Gotta give Richt and Bobo credit for that side of the ball. It's their defense and special teams that have been their Achilles heal since he's been there. They still have solid play at WR, a more experienced OL, Gurley and Marshall. They did lose Murray at QB, but I think you'll see them going run heavy...especially early in the year until they know for sure what they have with Mason at QB. That said, they will probably be even worse than last year on defense...if that's possible. :lol:
They have been consistently above average on offense, but also consistently inconsistent from game to game. They will always have the talent, but I expect the usually inconsistency with a new quarterback. And they are still well below their usual offseason arrest numbers, but still have a few weeks left.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No great pearls of wisdom here, but to me, this is a 3-horse race that will come down to USCe visiting us. We win, we win the East, pure and simple.*

As for the 'Cocks, no Jadeveon, a young QB and we almost got them on the road last year during the Titanic of Gator football seasons. We have a real shot here.....

* Assumes we beat the Mongrels two weeks prior - which is NOT NEGOTIABLE.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
lets hire a real headcoach instead of a defensive coord. then we can talk about winning the east. until then we can pretend we have a shot!

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n29632 said:
They consistently put up stellar numbers against terrible defenses. Anytime they play a top 40 defense they really struggle. Take away their 4 year starter at QB and some WRs and I think they're gonna have a difficult time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
oxrageous said:
Mr. SEC;n29719 said:
These "experts" did their in depth analysis and have attached the supporting data. UF will likely go 7-5 (with a 29 percent change of 8-4 or better, and a 38 percent chance of 6-6 or worse)

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...-gators-football-2014-preview-schedule-roster
While it's true UF likely won't win the SEC, it's always very comforting to know your crappy Bulldogs won't either. You accomplished last year exactly what we did - nothing.
Dawgs accomplished nothing? Look at all the Div II teams we managed to beat last year. Good luck to your Gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator