Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't read all of this. I don't know who we should get, But I know this. The program is in the toilet. There are a bunch of good schools with HC jobs open. We are far from the definition of a good school anymore. We may want a home run hire. I want one. But I'm prepared for a situation where we have no choice but to dip in the well for someone who is an "up an comer". I will then go to my room and say prayers. I'm not Catholic but I may throw in a few hail Marys. Anything is better than this crap show, but we may take another swing and miss no matter who the AD is. God I hope not.

We have screwed the pooch. The ****ter is not only full but it's backed up in athletic department. Never throw Tampons in the ****ter. Just shoot me now.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Just get someone with some charisma, someone who can speak without laughing uncomfortably and changing the subject to peanut butter sandwiches, or glaring and banging on things like an upset toddler, or making weird faces while hunched over and spouting incoherent deflections, someone who can carry themselves and inspire kids to come play for him and good coaches to come work for him. I figure if we’re spending millions on whoever it is, we should get something for it: that something would be recruits and personnel. Worst case scenario, we fire that guy in four years and he leaves the next coach something to work with.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After watching the highlights of the Alabama highlights. I might be in board with Bill Obrien. That Bryce Young kid threw for 560 today.
He runs an offense that does not require QB runs so I’m on board.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
So no one here is impressed with what Fickel has done?

Last edited:

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I have seen some Bob Stoops talk out there. Wouldn’t be a Gator coaching search without being dissed by Big Game Bob but hear me out..

Stoops agrees to HC with Spurrier as OC until he gets Steve Jr up to speed as OC in 2 years or so. If that works and we get back to championship play quickly enough, Stoops gets a great DC and Spurrier Jr is named HC when Stoops wants to go back to retirement in 4 or 5 years.

Dream scenario and since Saban will certainly have died of a heart attack by then the Gators will ascend to their natural place at the top of the college football world.

A man can dream can’t he?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So no one here is impressed with what Fickel has done?
Another Chimp missing fuchtard.

to be fair, Chimp with far less talent beat Fickel, so this is actually a slam on Chimp.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bianchi is pumping Stoops, or maybe I should say obligatory trolling. Stoops is our Gen. Franco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator