Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin is putting up crazy numbers at Ole Miss. Too bad he had to behave like such a dick in 2009 and burn all the bridges.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
No chance Mullen goes anywhere as long as Strick is in office, you all read the article about pulling Mullen from MissSt. No chance, dream on

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
No chance Mullen goes anywhere as long as Strick is in office, you all read the article about pulling Mullen from MissSt. No chance, dream on
I think we know that. Which is why they both need to go. Strick is part of the problem.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If spurrier hasthe willingness and desire, have him act as AD at least during the hiring/transition period. We'd get a legit offensive minded HC that's serious about winning and understands what it takes on and off the field, during and in between seasons.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

I don't see it. Just excluding all DCs because they could be Chump 2.0 is shortsighted.

There are fundamental differences in their resumes. Saban assistants have very little to do with the success of Saban. He changes them like he changes dirty diapers. Venables has been a fundamental reason behind the success at Clemson. Even in a terrible year like this year his defensive unit has been elite. More importantly he is an ace recruiter. Also, he is not a leghumper.

The only concern I have is if he has the drive to be a HC at a place like Florida, or if he just is happy with being under someone else's wing for so long.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don't see it. Just excluding all DCs because they could be Chump 2.0 is shortsighted.

There are fundamental differences in their resumes. Saban assistants have very little to do with the success of Saban. He changes them like he changes dirty diapers. Venables has been a fundamental reason behind the success at Clemson. Even in a terrible year like this year his defensive unit has been elite. More importantly he is an ace recruiter. Also, he is not a leghumper.

The only concern I have is if he has the drive to be a HC at a place like Florida, or if he just is happy with being under someone else's wing for so long.

Think he’s making like 2.5 million to be a defensive coordinator, pretty sweet gig.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If spurrier hasthe willingness and desire, have him act as AD at least during the hiring/transition period. We'd get a legit offensive minded HC that's serious about winning and understands what it takes on and off the field, during and in between seasons.

I understand your point, but this is the mindset that has a lot of schools looking at each other like why can't we win trophies. that is not to say you can't, but it is the mindset of well if we are going to lose let's lose 60-50 and not 17-13. I really do not care. But in this day, there is not a single head coach out there (except for maybe Shart) who does not think you have to score points to win. and if Shart's teams keeping pitching shutouts then he can think that way. Even Satan, the best head coach in the history of college football came around to the fact that you have to score more points than in the past. You have to LOSE that mindset when hiring a Head Coach. Who gives a shyt if he is offensive minded? Is he HEAD COACH minded? The admin, according to print, thought Frost was not HEAD COACH enough for this job, but somehow thought Cousin Eddie was. Maybe they were correct on Frost, but they are wrong on Cousin Eddie. It was clear as day but they missed!. So when whoever is in the room when it comes down to hiring a new head coach, chances are we will have a table full of losers who do not know shyt. But it would be nice to see that #1 on the list is : LEADER, HEAD COACH MINDED, TEAM MINDED, FUNDAMENTAL MINDED, MANAGEMENT MINDED.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
At least both have UF connections...ok, seriously, these would be ass (I know you're joking). Mullen isn't getting fired short of a Cam Newbauer like schedule. Even then, Stricklin would look the other way and give an extension. It's not about what anyone wants, it's about the reality of the UF situation. IF Stricklin goes down with the Newbauer ship, then maybe conversation changes. We can go 3-9 from this point and still he's back in 2022. He gets the facilities year and then decisions might be looked into.

Your high as a fuching kite it you believe he comes back next year after going 3-9 :lol:.

Not trying to pretend I have the slightest clue what goes on in Gainesville, other than what I see on Saturdays and read online I have no idea. But this just feels a lot like the Butters saga right before the fake death threats. It was obvious he didn't wanna be here anymore and who honestly feels like Mullen has wanted to be here since late last year? He's constantly floating his name out there for other jobs and doesn't even try to hide taking time off instead of recruiting. I think after uga runs them out of Jacksonville by 5+ touchdowns the wheels will come off just like with Muschamp and Butters.

At least with Muschamp and Zook no one questioned if they wanted to be here, there was no doubt they were doing their best. Their best just wasn't close to being good enough. Mullen is a lot closer to Butter's than most of us were willing to admit, it's becoming more and more obvious every day.

I know some want to use that article that came out a few weeks ago about Stricklin and others being in a bar day drinking after Chip shot them down as reason why Mullen is here to stay. I kinda took it the other way. Hell Stricklin openly admitted Mullen was his 3rd choice at best. I'm sure Mullen got all warm and fuzzy reading it :lol:. They were ready to commit suicide over Chip Kelly and openly admitted Frost ghosted their asses. He called Mullen more out of desperation because Stricklin knew all along he would come the second he was offered, he just wasn't the 1st or 2nd choice. And if were being honest there probably were other people contacted as well it just never leaked so he didn't have to admit it in the interview. I remember reading about "putting feelers out" to Gundy and a few others as well.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Looks like JimBo's time at A&M might be limited.................................................just kidding.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Joe Brady but he probably is a NFL HC next year.
James Franklin
Lane Kiffin
Jamey Chadwell
Billy Napier
Hugh Freeze
Bill O’Brien

Hugh Freeze is the only one I’d remotely be interested in. But he’d be a huge PR risk.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hugh Freeze is the only one I’d remotely be interested in. But he’d be a huge PR risk.
So..that's an interesting observation. Jerry Falwells school was so determined to have a winning program that they threw caution to the wind and and hired Freeze. And yet we are pissing in that same wind. That's how little interest the current AA has in championship football.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Nobody capable of winning championships is going to coach football at UF as long as the current administration is in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.