Why didn't they let Eddy try a 63 yard FG to end the half?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We all know damn well he can make it from there, especially Butters, who sees him practice every day. So why not let him try with 4 seconds left? Because of the 1 in 2 million chance they block it and return it for a TD?

Have some freaking confidence in your players for once, Mac. Makes me want to puke.

Discuss.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Too risky. Mac doesn't like to score too many points.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is a question that needs to be asked of him, very pointedly and specifically, at the post-game conference. Those spineless weasels will sit there and say nothing.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see Mac yell at the RB coach because the RB went down after a yard? That's what happens when you practice it!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We all know damn well he can make it from there, especially Butters, who sees him practice every day. So why not let him try with 4 seconds left? Because of the 1 in 2 million chance they block it and return it for a TD?

Have some freaking confidence in your players for once, Mac. Makes me want to puke.

Discuss.

So you think if UF ended up with 20 points, aTm would not have ended up with 21+? Ha!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If you aren't going to kick, at least try a rainbow into the end zone. Instead we throw down the middle of the field for 20 yards, a play that was useless even if it was completed, which it wasn't.

This staff is terrible at everything, but they are a special kind of stupid when it comes to clock management.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Did you see Mac yell at the RB coach because the RB went down after a yard? That's what happens when you practice it!

Yup. Be careful what you ask for. Bytch at a guy for scoring a TD to salt a game away...and next thing you know your "coaching" works on the guy and he's going to the ground after a small gain.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Despite the youtube videos I'm guessing they know Eddie can't really make anything beyond 50-55 yards.

Look at the XP's and kickoffs out of bounds, he's regressing.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Despite the youtube videos I'm guessing they know Eddie can't really make anything beyond 50-55 yards.

Look at the XP's and kickoffs out of bounds, he's regressing.
Shocking if true, especially since Nord is such a special teams genius.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
They didn't try because it made sense to try. Kinda like always handing off 5 yards deep when you need 1 yard so the back has to pick up 6 - every time.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If you aren't going to kick, at least try a rainbow into the end zone. Instead we throw down the middle of the field for 20 yards, a play that was useless even if it was completed, which it wasn't.

This staff is terrible at everything, but they are a special kind of stupid when it comes to clock management.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this situation, but I am almost certain we had ONE timeout remaining after Davis's long run. There is 10 seconds and we rush to the line. Now 10 seconds is not enough for 4 plays so I scream to spike it on first down and regroup, which would leave you with 8 seconds, which is enough time to try a 10 yard route, take the timeout (if they had it) and then try a FG. But no they call some HorseSHYT play and waste 4 seconds, which leaves 6 seconds. So you have 3 choices: A quick 5 yd out, a long FG, or a hail mary. So what does JACKA$$ do? a lob throw that even if complete would have run out the clock. Butters is just genuinely supremely stupid when it comes to game managment.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Please correct me if I am wrong about this situation, but I am almost certain we had ONE timeout remaining after Davis's long run. There is 10 seconds and we rush to the line. Now 10 seconds is not enough for 4 plays so I scream to spike it on first down and regroup, which would leave you with 8 seconds, which is enough time to try a 10 yard route, take the timeout (if they had it) and then try a FG. But no they call some HorseSHYT play and waste 4 seconds, which leaves 6 seconds. So you have 3 choices: A quick 5 yd out, a long FG, or a hail mary. So what does JACKA$$ do? a lob throw that even if complete would have run out the clock. Butters is just genuinely supremely stupid when it comes to game managment.
This was going to be my next thread. Incompetence.

Sep 23, 2017
butters is anti-excitement. The same way urban would always go for the throat and get the style points and try and cover the spread whenever he could, butters shuns that kind of thinking, and the thought of the emotional and momentum upside of eddy knocking down a 63 yarder never crossed his mind. Nor really, did scoring a TD, instead opting for a boring out route not likely to convert and not likely to maybe save a second to kick a boring field goal instead of something special that would have brought the house down right before the half. buttersball is an aimless, boring mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.