Why do gadget plays always work against us?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We tend to remember the ones that work, and quickly forget those that don't. But I, for one, I am really sick and tired of Les Miles' fake field goals.

The really sad thing about LSU burning us is that everyone in the stadium knows whats coming except our team.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to be a trend since the witch doctor proved it can work on this version of Gator :mad:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Because Treon sucks? He seems to get the blame for everything else, so I figure this must be his fault, too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because our safeties don't.

Its actually quite astonishing we dont give up more points as often as those guys screw the pooch in pass coverage.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member

Its actually quite astonishing we dont give up more points as often as those guys screw the pooch in pass coverage.
That's right. What was worse than the trick play was getting totally embarrassed over the top when the safeties had their head in their backside. Those easy TDs are always killers.

G

GatorintheKnox01

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate them plays...unless we do them.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Florida is #10 in America in pass defense and leads the SEC in interceptions with 13. But I guess if you try hard enough, you can translate that in to "those guys screw the pooch in pass coverage."

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The really sad thing about LSU burning us is that everyone in the stadium knows whats coming except our team.

I wanted to FIFY, but you're right. The coaches should have known and didn't. Any of the kids who were older than a freshman should have known...and I would venture to guess that any of the freshman who watched us in ANY given year would have known as well. This one play still irks me about our coaching staff. Please, JMac, call a f'n timeout and ask "Hey, maybe...."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Florida is #10 in America in pass defense and leads the SEC in interceptions with 13. But I guess if you try hard enough, you can translate that in to "those guys screw the pooch in pass coverage."
The film is what the film is. If you're a safety playing man 2 and you are watching the back of the QB and your DE, you are burned... no matter what the stats say.

Luckily, they haven't actually developed the forward pass at most SEC universities.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The film is what the film is. If you're a safety playing man 2 and you are watching the back of the QB and your DE, you are burned... no matter what the stats say.

Luckily, they haven't actually developed the forward pass at most SEC universities.

So.... Big 12 teams would torch us?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, the Big 12 play Mumme ball.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member