Why Florida will beat LSU

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine the outrage if they score less than a Treon Harris lead team at 28 pts?

I wonder what the excuse will be?

We better see 4 TDs+ because Treon sucks so bad and LDR is much better!
Well.......21 points. Callaway had 7 of those on a punt return before Treon threw the Hail Mary 5 yards short and out of bounds.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
1. LSU fans are almost as worried about this game as Gator fans are. The point spread is not huge and within a single score.

2 The average MOV for the Tigers the last three years is 7 points. Not overwhelming considering Gators lack of a decent offense those years and LSU's vastly superior talent as some would have you believe.

3. LDR will play and bring some life to the offense. Certainly more than T. Harris did when Gators lost by seven in Baton Rouge after giving up some easy scores. That was a game the Gators coulda won.

4. LSU thrived against Mizzou with their new head coach and OC. Of course, Mizzou had no film to study of this new and better Tiger offense. Gators have a game's worth of film.

5. Eddy Pineiro.

6. Gators will show up. Another loss and they are all but eliminated from SEC race.

7. On Friday the players will watch highlights of the 2003 game when Ron Zook, freshman Chris Leak, and Ciatrick Fason rolled into Baton Rouge and stunned the world...handing Nick Saban and the Tigers their only loss in a national championship season. They overcame an early long punt return TD by Skyler Green to silence the Tigers, 19-7. They'll be pumped.

Pass the bong homes....

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Game is postponed due to the hurricane. LSU has a miracle season with Coach O. We get crushed when the game is rescheduled ( a la Tennessee in 2001). Good news is they hire Coach O and we thump them the next three years.

The 1964 LSU - Florida game actually was postponed to the end of the season in 1964 due to Hurricane Hilda. A sophomore quarterback named Steve Spurrier led the Gators to an upset win in Tiger Stadium

1964: Hurricane Hilda Delay

During the buildup to the 1964 game in Baton Rouge, LSU was a Sugar Bowl favorite. Florida, though unranked, was led by an up-and-coming young player (and future Heisman Trophy winner) named Steve Spurrier. Then, after being delayed several weeks to the season finale due to Hurricane Hilda, the game ended up being anti-climactic with the Gators rolling to a 20–6 win over the No. 7 Tigers.[4]Particularly noteworthy is the fact that it was Spurrier's first win over LSU – the first of a long win streak that he would have over the Tigers as a player and head coach. (taken from Wikipedia)

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love this thread.

I love it because, while we all have our doubts, it is a beacon of optimism that we all sorely lack. Sure, we have problems, issues, maybe even fatal flaws. But on this one day...in the face of adversity...our team, the Florida Fūcking Gators!, prove that passion, commitment, and a never-say-die attitude can overcome any challenge!!!

Or, we get the sh!t kicked out of us.

Either way...Ketel One will be my friend. Salut!

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Piss off. Leak was an excellent QB who suffered trough two idiot OCs, including one useless douchebag who thought running the option was a great idea. Leak could have had an additional 2000k yards if we had an OC who had heard of the forward pass.

Leak is an alltime Gator Great.
Well said. the only thing he ever did that urked me was the few times he went a yard short. Luckily the year it mattered Tebow was backing him up

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hard to be optimistic. When I watch the recording, several hours after the live sh*tshow I'm hoping to see something on offense that has a pulse. I'd also like to see them shore up the DT position w/ an OT moved over for a few snaps...otherwise, that DL is going to get worn down and it may get ugly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well said. the only thing he ever did that urked me was the few times he went a yard short. Luckily the year it mattered Tebow was backing him up
He had eight future NFL receivers on the depth chart. He could have just passed for 5000 yards and said screw the keeper on third and medium constantly.

The first half of the NC game showed what he was really capable of had we not purposefully strangled our offense running Notre Dame's 1950s option.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I always wanted so much more for Fason and Troupe. Really thought they'd have an excellent NFL career.
Would love to have a Troupe type TE right now. I think one of the biggest things we are missing this year is McGee.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You forgot 1 thing, national championship winner. Leak was an awesome QB who threw a beautiful ball and who helped lead us to a national championship...
And MVP of the NC game.

But back to the topic. Why we will win? Damn that's tough to come with reasons. A lot depends on LSU.

1) It's an 11 AM away game for LSU. Hopefully they'll be jet lagged.
2) ....

There's no reason we should win this. Dline has the injury bug. LSU has 4-nette and the other dude. Maybe 4-nette takes the day off? Sounds like it's going to be a wet day which is not conducive to the passing game. Maybe our online figures out how to run block between now and then. LSU probably needs to turn the ball over a lot. Hope for lots of fumbles. Hope for Coach O to do something stupid. Other than that hope for a dry field and for our receivers to step up.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Yeah no way you can disparage Chris leak,total winner and first class kid, God knows we could use some of his types on the team right now

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
The 1964 LSU - Florida game actually was postponed to the end of the season in 1964 due to Hurricane Hilda. A sophomore quarterback named Steve Spurrier led the Gators to an upset win in Tiger Stadium

1964: Hurricane Hilda Delay

During the buildup to the 1964 game in Baton Rouge, LSU was a Sugar Bowl favorite. Florida, though unranked, was led by an up-and-coming young player (and future Heisman Trophy winner) named Steve Spurrier. Then, after being delayed several weeks to the season finale due to Hurricane Hilda, the game ended up being anti-climactic with the Gators rolling to a 20–6 win over the No. 7 Tigers.[4]Particularly noteworthy is the fact that it was Spurrier's first win over LSU – the first of a long win streak that he would have over the Tigers as a player and head coach. (taken from Wikipedia)

Awesome! The Trask legacy is about to begin!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I hope Leak is on the sideline for inspiration purposes. Remember he led Gators to victory at the dedication of Bobby Bowden Field...Zook's last game.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I loved the punt into the stands. Totally worth the 15 yd penalty. Whether he knew it was a tribute to Alvarez...it was awesome!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even if we had Spikes (6'4" 255), he would be playing NT for this team.

Moving Keiwan Ratliff to CB, nahhhhhhh, that could never work. Or any of the other times we did it.

DL that don't look like LBs, nahhhhhhh, that could never work either.

Zook must feel like Jimmy Carter, just glad that the current and previous idiot makes him look so much better.

Seeing that defense actually play with effort reminds me that I'd trade a dozen Sidehats to get Charley Strong back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator