Gator Baseball Why not blow up McKethan this year?

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
So the non revenue producing baseball team is struggling and the revenue producing sport otherwise known as football is still being put on the backburner.

Stricklin needs to grow a pair and realize nobody cares what about UF baseball.

Since I was a student in the mid 80s while living in North Hall nobody has cared about this boring sport.

Even when F$U or SCUM appear they barely pack 5k in the stands.

Screw the baseball people and finally pour money into the actual money producer and give us a first class football program.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This topic has been visited ad nauseum. The football people were given the choice of a multi-level facility now or the baseball land AFTER the then-newly crowned World Series champions were relocated to a $50m facility on the other side of the campus.

The football people elected to wait and the wait got longer, appreciably longer, so much appreciably longer that some of our football fans now stand on the ledge.

Santa Fe CC, Buchholz High and City Park are eager to temporarily adopt the Fighting Gator Stricklins. It might help if they win another WS while we wait to become Arkansas' equal in football facilities.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. It might help if they win another WS while we wait to become Arkansas' equal in football facilities.
Exactly.

We will catchup to Cowbell and Arky, maybe, in 5 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Doctors say likely in utero brain damage from repeated trauma.

She always liked it hard. What can I say?

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
So the non revenue producing baseball team is struggling and the revenue producing sport otherwise known as football is still being put on the backburner.

Stricklin needs to grow a pair and realize nobody cares what about UF baseball.

Since I was a student in the mid 80s while living in North Hall nobody has cared about this boring sport.

Even when F$U or SCUM appear they barely pack 5k in the stands.

Screw the baseball people and finally pour money into the actual money producer and give us a first class football program.
You are really on another planet. So we win the 17 Natty and you pissed and moaned about it. I’m a “baseball people”. I played baseball at UF so your post is somewhat offensive to me . But each has the liberty to voice their views.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You are really on another planet. So we win the 17 Natty and you pissed and moaned about it. I’m a “baseball people”. I played baseball at UF so your post is somewhat offensive to me . But each has the liberty to voice their views.
Then you should be happy that your coach is getting 10 mil of football money and the new stadium will cost 65 mil of football money.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Uranus here.
I will take Ur Anus for $200.
maxresdefault.jpg

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Happy you had the opportunity to play baseball at UF.

You are being intentinally ignorant to the fact that without football UF would never be able to afford a new 65 million facility as we as a very overpaid baseball coach.

None of this happens without football. All of this should have been developed AFTER the football team has been brought whole.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Talk about being from another planet, we won the 96 NC and built the new sky boxes and champions club for the boosters. We won the 06 and 08 NC and built Meyers trophy case the face of the program he told us. In fact football has taken in close to a billion dollars since 1990 when SOS came home, and other than the halfa$$ indoor Foley built we haven't spent a damn dollar on the players, and it's a damn miracle Mullen has been able to move the needle with the top talent wanting to come to the sh !thole our program has become.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look everyone wants the Gators to have at least good facilities in all sports. And UF alum continue to give at a top5 rate (138 mil was the last numbsr I saw).

Sacrificing a year to get a 65 mil Taj Majal, likely the best in the country, should be worth it for baseball.

We are frustrared with giving top money every year, for three to four decades, and having facilities worse than UCF and Memphis.

Facilities arent crippling baseball or any other sport. They are crippling football recruiting. It has to be done NOW, and they have been promising since 2015 and yet havent moved a single damn shovelful of dirt.

FIRE FOOLEY

Last edited:

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Look everyone wants the Gators to have at least good facilities in all sports. And UF alum continue to give at a top5 rate (138 mil) was the last numbsr I saw.

Sacrificing a year to get a 65 mil Taj Majal, likely the best in the country, should be worth it for baseball.

We are frustrared with giving top money every year, for three to four decades, and having facilities worse than UCF and Memphis.

Facilities arent crippling baseball or any other sport. They are crippling football recruiting. It has to be done NOW and they have been promising since 2015 and havent moved a damn shovel.

FIRE FOOLEY
Understand ur frustration.. but I’m a huge baseball guy too. I have an emotional investment.I understand I’m in the minority here. I do love Gator football and basketball too

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Happy you had the opportunity to play baseball at UF.

You are being intentinally ignorant to the fact that without football UF would never be able to afford a new 65 million facility as we as a very overpaid baseball coach.

None of this happens without football. All of this should have been developed AFTER the football team has been brought whole.
Actually I’m unintentionally ignorant about most things.But u are wrong about paying Sully. We have been to Omaha a bunch and as an alumnus and letterman I have no problem keeping him. I would say he has earned it don’t u?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator