Gator Baseball Why not blow up McKethan this year?

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Actually I’m unintentionally ignorant about most things.But u are wrong about paying Sully. We have been to Omaha a bunch and as an alumnus and letterman I have no problem keeping him. I would say he has earned it don’t u?
All of this is only possible as long as the cash cow is kept healthy.

You do realize the baseball team loses money? This is no differance than the other Olympic sports. Even the mens basketball team loses money every year.

UF needs to take care of the football team first and then they can take care of these stupid pet projects like mens baseball.

BTW. Have you checked the SEC standings? It's not worth 65 million.

Both Sully and the Softball coach I refuse to name have set our football team back for nearly a decade.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018

You do realize the baseball team loses money? This is no differance than the other Olympic sports. Even the mens basketball team loses money every year.

UF needs to take care of the football team first and then they can take care of these stupid pet projects like mens baseball.

Both Sully and the Softball coach I refuse to name have set our football team back for nearly a decade.
Wander how you would feel if you had a daughter or son that was talented enough to play a “minor “ sport.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Actually I’m unintentionally ignorant about most things.But u are wrong about paying Sully. We have been to Omaha a bunch and as an alumnus and letterman I have no problem keeping him. I would say he has earned it don’t u?
I've been attending baseball games for thirty years with my sons and now my grandsons, so I'm no hater, but Sully hasn't earned all that money yet. In fact he has benefited from um and fsu sticking with old men to run their programs.
Um seems to be righting the ship and fsu will start next year if they avoid hiring Martin's son. Point being Sully may not have the pick of the talent like he has the last 7 to 8 years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wander how you would feel if you had a daughter or son that was talented enough to play a “minor “ sport.
If my son called wanting to take money out of his UTMA account while I was on the phone with a big client, I'd probably text him that I'd CB in the next 15.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
I've been attending baseball games for thirty years with my sons and now my grandsons, so I'm no hater, but Sully hasn't earned all that money yet. In fact he has benefited from um and fsu sticking with old men to run their programs.
Um seems to be righting the ship and fsu will start next year if they avoid hiring Martin's son. Point being Sully may not have the pick of the talent like he has the last 7 to 8 years.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Yes he has earned it. In fact along with Donavon, Spurrier , Meyer , I have to put Sully right there

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
So the non revenue producing baseball team is struggling and the revenue producing sport otherwise known as football is still being put on the backburner.

Stricklin needs to grow a pair and realize nobody cares what about UF baseball.

Since I was a student in the mid 80s while living in North Hall nobody has cared about this boring sport.

Even when F$U or SCUM appear they barely pack 5k in the stands.

Screw the baseball people and finally pour money into the actual money producer and give us a first class football program.

I care about every Gator sport, where would they actually play if you did what you propose? What about the TV coverage of various games? Lots of questions about your proposal, try answering some of them.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
I care about every Gator sport, where would they actually play if you did what you propose? What about the TV coverage of various games? Lots of questions about your proposal, try answering some of them.
It’s called the SEC NETWORK, and trips to Omaha. The rich get richer

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

They have??? Now I agree we have been late in evaluating and upgrading our facilities, but it is not one or another, we can and should have all that we need or even want as long as we can pay for it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
badidea.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And it’s their responsibility to do that. Every AD in every state , in every high school.. So I guess we need to cancel all other sports . You are almost laughable, no you actually are
He didn't suggest they be canceled. He suggested that the UAA recalibrate its financial calculators.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
None of the MINOR sports exist without football.

Quite true, but many schools have proven that football can exist and even be pretty good without spending as much as possible on everything. Not that I want to be them, but your logic is faulty.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
And it’s their responsibility to do that. Every AD in every state , in every high school.. So I guess we need to cancel all other sports . You are almost laughable, no you actually are
Let me guess you are someone who thinks everything is FREE!

Would these other sports even exist without FOOTBALL?

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Now that is funny! There are many revenue sources in college athletics. I thought you were a little sharper than that ?? Guess not
Quote me one revenue source that wasnt dependent on FOOTBALL!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I don’t really want to take sides in this discussion but I want to respond to this comment.............If I had a son or daughter fortunate enough to get a scholarship for a non rev sport I would be very proud and very thankful and I would want what was best for them. However I would not lose sight of the fact that my child is getting a free ride due to the the work/money from others. This situation is no different than living in America in a capitalist economy where earners taxes fund others lifestyles. The other side simply feels like the earners/ givers deserve more benefits than the takers sometimes.
I follow baseball and all others as well so I don’t see this as one side against the other

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator