Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously Muschamp is behind all this.

You see, it was muschamp who recruited Will Grier. It was muschamp who told Grier to bulk up, whatever you gotta do, bulk up, wink wink.
Muschamp gets fired.
New guy comes in.
New guy takes team and exceeds expectations and is very successful with the same group of guys Muschamp couldn't do squat with.
Muschamp, with new team is floundering. They are terrible. Not to be out done, and knowing what he wink winked to Grier, muschamp himself sends an anonymous letter to the NCAA to perhaps check out that young QB at UF that's making all the headlines.

Badabing badaboom, here we are.

**** you Will Muschamp.

:lol2:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n297161 said:
It happens, but it's rarely a high-profile person like Grier. The NCAA mandated drug tests are EXPENSIVE, and they only do a handful of random players, so the odds of testing someone positive aren't high to begin with. The drug tests you always hear about kids failing are the ones administered by the schools.

If Will was in fact intentionally taking the supplements and knew they were illegal, chances are he was just rolling the dice and didn't think he would get tested. I said this in the box yesterday, but in five years of college ball, I was tested exactly once, and it was immediately following my second to last game my senior year. I could have juiced all I wanted up until that point and not gotten caught.

And another thing, people keep citing his weight gain. While a 45 pound increase in weight in a year's time is definitely a big jump, I gained 30 pounds from the end of my senior HS football season to the beginning of my freshman college season. And that was without supplements, without a training staff molding a diet for me, and without the type of weight room equipment and technology these guys have at UF. If you have a thin frame like he does, it's easy to put the weight on. Very easy.

This explains a lot. I just can't wrap my brain around a starting QB taking that chance.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is that probably 100,000 kids play sports in the US and manage not to get themselves banned by the NCAA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n297627 said:
You asked for it, you got it!
This Brucelyn thing you have going on, please make it stop.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gingerlover;n297457 said:
What I don't get is all of these talking hats, that are around programs all the time and can see the training results, act like the weight (which is being wrongly reported) is something that is impossible to do. I put on 15 pounds of muscle in 3 months before my wedding using a schmuck salary and P90X. Blood in the water and the sharks will feed whatever they can for a headline. As for the quote about possibly being sudafed causing a false positive. While that is completely possible, I seriously doubt that was the case, however with how outdated most of the NCAA stuff is it wouldn't surprise me. Danny Kanell was on the radio talking about how he could never take medicine when he was sick because the trainers were scared he would test positive. Whether it is something fluky like this, he bought something from GNC, or he went back alley shopping he knew better and deserves to sit a little.

That being said the NCAA really needs to revisit those rules. Chances are these were written during the 80's when schools had steroid factories and haven't been changed since because common sense doesn't apply to the NCAA. They probably played the scene from Johnny B Good on his recruiting trip before handing down the punishment saying that must have been what happened. 365 days for this is a little harsh and shouldn't be longer than the remainder of the season. They need to really step in and take a clear look at things rather than lumping everything together as one. If he is telling the truth this is like them considering a free sandwich and 100K the same thing.
I can gain fifteen pounds in one Thanksgiving weekend.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n297722 said:
Go get your own shtick!
Jabs, I'm glad you are back.

Next time you talk to Ox tell him you have my recommendation for mod. There's no chance you could be worse than URG or weirder than Nav.

Hippy power, bruh.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
gatormandan;n297584 said:
You have to admit, its very odd. Also, the report of the salesman at the nutrition store sharing with complete strangers what he was selling Grier seems a little odd. Im not saying Grier didnt screw up but am saying its an odd situation the way it transpired.

what report? i missed that one, apparently

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n297662 said:
This Brucelyn thing you have going on, please make it stop.

I already said long ago that any time someone brought her up in a thread that had nothing to do with her only as some horrendously lame attempt at a comeback when they knew the argument was lost, that's what would happen. So thank alcoholica.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n297785 said:
I already said long ago that any time someone brought her up in a thread that had nothing to do with her only as some horrendously lame attempt at a comeback when they knew the argument was lost, that's what would happen. So thank alcoholica.

Can't they just be made to stand in the corner or take a time out or some other mature solution?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n297772 said:

Next time you talk to Ox tell him you have my recommendation for mod. There's no chance you could be worse than URG or weirder than Nav.

Hippy power, bruh.

Seconded.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n297772 said:

Hippy power, bruh.
:sadnanner:

I'd give you a vacation, but everyone tells me you have some kind of immunity, so I'll let it slide this time ;)

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
biggator6;n297783 said:
what report? i missed that one, apparently

A girl whos boyfriend plays baseball supposedly went into a nutrition store where she inquired about certain products and the guy told her it should be good since he has been selling it to Grier. Why would he offer up that info? If this is true, that alone could raise the suspicion that someone reported him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator