Will Griers attorney says Florida fans can rest easy when it comes to his appeal

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/w...-to-his-appeal
Florida quarterback Will Grier was suspended a full calendar year for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs on Oct. 12. But there may be some good news on the way.
Grier will appeal the suspension, and one of his attorneys handling the appeal told Florida fans to “rest easy.”
We will be handling the #WillGrier appeal. Rest easy #GatorNationhttp://t.co/kcBLq1PB94
— Matt Morgan (@MattMorganESQ) October 18, 2015
The Gators quarterback admitted to taking an over-the-counter supplement that had “something” in it. Even though Grier admitted to that, his attorneys can try to win the appeal on the grounds of how his test samples were collected or can argue that he didn’t know what he was putting in his body.
If he fails to win his appeal, Grier will miss the rest of the 2015 season and the first six games next year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dumb move imo as that will piss the NCAA off probably. Also the part "or can argue that he didn’t know what he was putting in his body" makes the lawyer seem naive on this issue if that is what he was saying.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Best case scenario.. IMO is that Grier is avail in 2016. I don't think he plays again this year.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gator Fever;n300014 said:
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/w...-to-his-appeal
Florida quarterback Will Grier was suspended a full calendar year for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs on Oct. 12. But there may be some good news on the way.
Grier will appeal the suspension, and one of his attorneys handling the appeal told Florida fans to “rest easy.”
We will be handling the #WillGrier appeal. Rest easy #GatorNationhttp://t.co/kcBLq1PB94
— Matt Morgan (@MattMorganESQ) October 18, 2015
The Gators quarterback admitted to taking an over-the-counter supplement that had “something” in it. Even though Grier admitted to that, his attorneys can try to win the appeal on the grounds of how his test samples were collected or can argue that he didn’t know what he was putting in his body.
If he fails to win his appeal, Grier will miss the rest of the 2015 season and the first six games next year.

That's new. Wonder what they would claim :headscratch:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the only way this thing gets thrown out is if they clearly didn't follow proper testing procedures or something like that with Grier already admitting what he did.

I wonder if the NCAA has ever reduced a suspension for this since this 1 year ban policy came into play.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n300019 said:
Dumb move imo as that will piss the NCAA off probably. Also the part "or can argue that he didn’t know what he was putting in his body" makes the lawyer seem naive on this issue if that is what he was saying.

For starters, It's the Morgans. They say things for a reason.
Second, I don't think they said anything about what you bolded, that was the author of the article stating that, not the lawyer.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n300030 said:
For starters, It's the Morgans. They say things for a reason.
Second, I don't think they said anything about what you bolded, that was the author of the article stating that, not the lawyer.

If they did it was stupid imo (maybe the author did on his own). I don't care if it is those ambulance chasing lawyers - I still say it was dumb to tweet that out as it will probably make the NCAA less likely to reduce the suspension if that is something they do sometimes on this issue.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gator Fever;n300025 said:
I think the only way this thing gets thrown out is if they clearly didn't follow proper testing procedures or something like that with Grier already admitting what he did.

I wonder if the NCAA has ever reduced a suspension for this since this 1 year ban policy came into play.

"I know I put something in my body I shouldn't have but you didn't follow testing procedures" - sounds like something from the OJ trial.:headshake:

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gator Fever;n300025 said:

Previous reporting says they've never reversed it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
88drgator;n300034 said:
"I know I put something in my body I shouldn't have but you didn't follow testing procedures" - sounds like something from the OJ trial.:headshake:

Don't know about the NCAA but I know that is how many public servants like cops etc. get out of positive drug tests in Florida - by finding the testing didn't follow proper procedures.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gator Fever;n300040 said:
Don't know about the NCAA but I know that is how many public servants like cops etc. get out of positive drug tests in Florida - by finding the testing didn't follow proper procedures.

If they were going to appeal on those grounds, his lawyers should have told him to STFU?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n300032 said:
If they did it was stupid imo (maybe the author did on his own). I don't care if it is those ambulance chasing lawyers - I still say it was dumb to tweet that out as it will probably make the NCAA less likely to reduce the suspension if that is something they do sometimes on this issue.
All Matt did was state, which is a matter of public record I'd think, that their firm will be handling the appeal. Probably doing it for free too, John went to UF, I don't know about his sons.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Rest easy is just to the fans so that they don't continue to freak out.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
URGatorBait;n300045 said:
All Matt did was state, which is a matter of public record I'd think, that their firm will be handling the appeal. Probably doing it for free too, John went to UF, I don't know about his sons.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Rest easy is just to the fans so that they don't continue to freak out.

The big deal is whether they have a chance of winning. Wouldn't you like to have Grier back sooner?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n300045 said:

I think it may come off as showboating and arrogant to the NCAA saying Gator fans can "rest easy" because they are representing him in a tweet like that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n300040 said:
Please cite an example of a cop doing this.

High Times doesn't count as a legitimate source.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
88drgator;n300023 said:
That's new. Wonder what they would claim :headscratch:

when it comes to rules of evidence and chain of custody, anything can happen. Morgan and Morgan will slay this giant.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
88drgator;n300047 said:
The big deal is whether they have a chance of winning. Wouldn't you like to have Grier back sooner?

First sentence, duh. But that isn't want fever is posting about. He is posting about Matt Morgans tweet.

Second sentence, do i really need to answer that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator