Will Griers attorney says Florida fans can rest easy when it comes to his appeal

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n300048 said:
I think it may come off as showboating and arrogant to the NCAA saying Gator fans can "rest easy" because they are representing him in a tweet like that.
Or maybe as Gator fans themselves they don't want to have the fan base go nuts over it? You are thinking too much about very meaningless things.

Edit: the whole family: John, his wife, and both sons went to UF.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n300049 said:
Please cite an example of a cop doing this.

High Times doesn't count as a legitimate source.
He knows because he was a parole/probation officer for like 2 months in so fla ;)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n300049 said:
Please cite an example of a cop doing this.

High Times doesn't count as a legitimate source.

FDLE controls the certifications of cops in Florida and many agencies only have an automatic referral for treatment when one tests positive for drugs the 1st time but the info has to be forwarded to FDLE which yanks certification for a positive drug test meaning the cop can't work in Florida and when they do win their case with FDLE keeping their certification its because the testing procedures weren't followed properly usually.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
88drgator;n300034 said:
"I know I put something in my body I shouldn't have but you didn't follow testing procedures" - sounds like something from the OJ trial.:headshake:

Didn't Bryan Braun win his appeal with baseball the first time due to the sample procedures?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n300060 said:
Didn't Bryan Braun win his appeal with baseball the first time due to the sample procedures?

It's RYAN Braun, but yes, you are correct about his first appeal.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n300057 said:
He knows because he was a parole/probation officer for like 2 months in so fla ;)

lol - you are as ignorant as Law I guess.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
URGatorBait;n300053 said:
First sentence, duh. But that isn't want fever is posting about. He is posting about Matt Morgans tweet.

Second sentence, do i really need to answer that?

Sorry, I misattributed your "big deal" phrase.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n300061 said:
It's RYAN Braun, but yes, you are correct about his first appeal.

thanks for the correction. Not a MLB fan, so just remember the headlines.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why Grier would hire Morgan and Morgan. Doesn't seem like something in the wheel house for their paralegals and case managers.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n300062 said:
lol - you are as ignorant as Law I guess.

So you weren't a parole/probation officer for a short period in south florida? I'm pretty sure you stated that several times in the PF.
Perhaps you'd like to tell us how the vast majority of cops are dirty.
Maybe you want to tell us how great Kelvin Taylor is again.
Maybe you'd like to post a bunch of random garbage and refuse to back it up, as usual.

But yea, I'm the ignorant one. Whatever helps you sleep at night Nancy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n300075 said:
So you weren't a parole/probation officer for a short period in south florida? I'm pretty sure you stated that several times in the PF.
Maybe you'd like to post a bunch of random garbage and refuse to back it up, as usual.

I was one for a while years ago. Those are different topics and I never said the vast majority were dirty. It was just an example I had knowledge of that testing procedures not being followed properly can get things like this overturned in civil proceedings.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Aaaaannnnnnd Fever's decided to take this one to the mat.

george_facepalm_seinfeld.gif

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n300080 said:
Originally posted by URGatorBait View Post

I was one for a while years ago. Those are different topics and I never said the vast majority were dirty. It was just an example I had knowledge of that testing procedures not being followed properly can get things like this overturned in civil proceedings.

I accept your apology.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is still working on getting pot legal right?

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
In the Ryan Braun case, the individual that was transporting the sample took it home and put it in his fridge before taking it the next day. According to other individuals that they interviewed, this was common practice at the time but Braun's team made the point that they don't know what could have been done to it at the individual's house and those are the grounds he got off on I believe.

I really want to know what it was Grier tested positive for, was it OTC weight gain or something banned in some OTC flu medicine. I mean I originally thought the flu thing was pretty crazy but the timeline fits. They said that a failed NCAA test is reported to the team anywhere from like 2-14 days after the test and Grier had the flu for the Ole Miss game the week before his failed test came out which would be roughly 7-14 days prior to the reports. It could also help explain why they seem to be going all out with this appeal that otherwise would seem like a no brainer denial. It's probably not anything flu related but just a thought and observation.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I think the penalty is absurdly harsh. I have no problem with Morgan and Morgan taking this case and getting his suspension reduced. I have no hopes of that though. I've moved on. If Grier comes back next year for game 1 then fantastic.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I thought this was interesting as well:
The father of Gators’ punter Johnny Townsend, Clay Townsend will be working cooperatively with UF's counsel in the matter.
Townsend has litigated complex commercial disputes in the entertainment and sports arena.
Townsend has handled high-profile cases, including a suit against Britney Spears by her former manager, suit by the Backstreet Boys against their former manager

It's fourth and long Clay - and we need a coffin corner

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Break the rules that have been established for years? No problem...look for a lawyer and a loophole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator