Will Muschamp Press Conference Notebook

News

Administrator
Jul 6, 2014
Will Muschamp took the podium on Sunday afternoon for the Florida Gators media day; an event that signals the start of fall camp.

Players reported to camp on Sunday and they will go through meetings throughout the day with practice starting bring and early Monday morning before a practice open to fans at night.

First things first though, let’s take a quick look at what Will Muschamp had to say on Sunday about his football team and the upcoming season.

Nick will have a lot more in-depth coverage of Muschamp’s presser but here’s a quick notebook to get you caught up on what the...

Read the rest here: Will Muschamp Press Conference Notebook

More...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I moved this one to the Main Forum. This has a ton of information directly from Muschamp. It looks like Taylor is going to be catching a lot of balls this year and there's going to be a one-two punch with him and Matt Jones. With Matt Jones getting more carries as the game goes on. In addition, it looks like DR is going to have an great year, Leon Orr needs to step up, Ahmad Fullwood is bigger and stronger, and David Sharpe is going to get some serious PT this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n23247 said:
I moved this one to the Main Forum.
You left a redirect. Don't leave those.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n23247 said:
This has a ton of information directly from Muschamp.
Actions speak. I'm done listening to words.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n23247 said:
I moved this one to the Main Forum. This has a ton of information directly from Muschamp. It looks like Taylor is going to be catching a lot of balls this year and there's going to be a one-two punch with him and Matt Jones. With Matt Jones getting more carries as the game goes on. In addition, it looks like DR is going to have an great year, Leon Orr needs to step up, Ahmad Fullwood is bigger and stronger, and David Sharpe is going to get some serious PT this year.

If Jones gets more carries than Lane this year then it probably means Muschamp is still being stubborn about who is playing the most when it comes to RB's. I think Muchamp thinks if a RB is just a little better at blocking that can override their inferior running ability.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n23259 said:
If Jones gets more carries than Lane this year then it probably means Muschamp is still being stubborn about who is playing the most when it comes to RB's. I think Muchamp thinks if a RB is just a little better at blocking that can override their inferior running ability.
Let's hope Roper gets the final say in who starts/plays on offense. Kinda like Parcells said..."They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries. Okay?"

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n23253 said:
You left a redirect. Don't leave those.

Yeah. It takes me through the entire process and then asks me for a password. I must've forgot to uncheck that box the second time.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds nice and good to hear. Glad the offseason was quiet in the behavior department. Enough talk. WM can yak it all he wants. I hope he turns it around but until then the only thing that will change it is ACTION.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp really said he's looking for a lot of points from the offense? STFU! :stars:

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gee, I pay for a subscription with Gator Zone and can't get the video of Muschamp's press conference to play. All of the players really sound excited about Roper's offense. The defensive players are excited about the possibility of not being on the field for 50 minutes. Several of the offensive players have really put on some size. Jones looks like a clone of Trent Richardson. One thing seemed obvious - the team is behind Driskel.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n23270 said:
Muschamp really said he's looking for a lot of points from the offense? STFU! :stars:

Yes, but he thinks 17 is a lot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's a good article. I hope he means it.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More than 18 point lead is too many.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Matt Jones can be that guy that the linebackers are tired of hitting late in game

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n23270 said:
I think it moved a little. :eek:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize the coaches could observe the off season work outs

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
New rule change this year. Not supposed to have interaction with the players is my understanding and I'm sure everyone sticks to it.;) .But they can watch all they want, which is kinda smart since they all managed to see them somehow.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
New rule change this year. Not supposed to have interaction with the players is my understanding and I'm sure everyone sticks to it.;) .But they can watch all they want, which is kinda smart since they all managed to see them somehow.
Could pay off big time

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
that's what I'm thinking !

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
This is a HUGE rule change

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator