Will we break this streak?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
You are one of the most reasonable posters on here. Did you see the end of the season? FSU, BAMA and MICH? So we won the East when it was the worst since it went to two divisions. Can you imagine if he peaked his first season? Next year the defense is going to take a huge step back. He better get to ATL this year because next year is going to be tough.
My thoughts exactly... That Michigan embarrassment was horrendous... Unprepared and no heart.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
fck michigan. SOS sh#t bed against NDame in the sugar bowl early on......but he fixed it........If the bowl game aint for something besides a cheap watch and a visit to Bush Gardens I aint gonna wet my drawers over it. FSU and BAMA were the class of NCAA fb last year and with any fckn offense at all we hang with fsu...............First year with no QB and little oline we didnt do too bad........

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My thoughts exactly... That Michigan embarrassment was horrendous... Unprepared and no heart.

Why should our players be motivated to play in an exhibition game 2 hours from where they live? It isn't like these guys don't get to go to Central Florida. Michigan players are so f'n happy to get out of the cold for a week that it is exciting for them. Many of them have probably never been to Disney. IT is completely different for those two teams!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You are one of the most reasonable posters on here. Did you see the end of the season? FSU, BAMA and MICH? So we won the East when it was the worst since it went to two divisions. Can you imagine if he peaked his first season? Next year the defense is going to take a huge step back. He better get to ATL this year because next year is going to be tough.
Thanks.........He coached what he had.................no qb and an o line with lttle exp and depth..................and won the east.......I dont care what the circumstnces are you have to win the east. Bama has 2nd teamers that start for us all over the field............that aint Macs fault.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Why should our players be motivated to play in an exhibition game 2 hours from where they live? It isn't like these guys don't get to go to Central Florida. Michigan players are so f'n happy to get out of the cold for a week that it is exciting for them. Many of them have probably never been to Disney. IT is completely different for those two teams!
Pride?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Pride breeds calamity, humility reaps its reward.................( a fortune cookie I got back in the 70s seriously)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Now I remember what SOS was heard to say after he left.............and I am paraphrasing.........They aint happy now unless we beat the mortal sh#t out every team.........A win isnt good enough anymore
Even SOS himself was questioning macs play calling on live tv

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think we score more than 30 this week. Scarlett will have over a 100 and 2 tds, LDR will throw 2 tds, and Pineiro will add 3 fgs.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

It is an exhibition game. It doesn't mean anything. Outside of the playoffs bowl games are meaningless. That is why Utah blew out Bama years ago and why Houston beat FSU last year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is an exhibition game. It doesn't mean anything. Outside of the playoffs bowl games are meaningless. That is why Utah blew out Bama years ago and why Houston beat FSU last year.

This unless it is a playoff or a BCS game it's meaningless. The only time I really think it hurts recruiting is if it is one of those games as well. Because there were four or five other bowl games being played at the exact same time. The Alabama and FSU game hurt our recruiting much more than an meaningless Jan 1st bowl game. It means more to the fans than it does to the players. They got their vacation and gift bag.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
It means something if you have any dignity or pride... You don't get manhandled like that and just not care unless you got no heart.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:trump:
No Gator fan picks KY to beat us in football, ever. He's a troll. The more you defend him, the more it looks like it's your alias, but Ferg was my first choice.
It's not me or anyone else on the board. Just come out and call me a liar.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks.........He coached what he had.................no qb and an o line with lttle exp and depth..................and won the east.......I dont care what the circumstnces are you have to win the east. Bama has 2nd teamers that start for us all over the field............that aint Macs fault.

Nope, but he isn't doing much to change that.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

So against our major instate rival, FSU we're just not good enough.

Against a major in conference rival and for the conference championship, Alabama we're just not good enough.

Then in a major bowl game, we shouldn't expect our team to show up?

What the hell kind of coaching is that?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you "field" a team that cares not whether the opposing team puts them down,
then how can you call yourself a coach??

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So against our major instate rival, FSU we're just not good enough.

Against a major in conference rival and for the conference championship, Alabama we're just not good enough.

Then in a major bowl game, we shouldn't expect our team to show up?

What the hell kind of coaching is that?
First year with no qb and very little o line you expected to win? Ok I like your confidence but let me know when you want to wager money..........Like I said about the bowl games. if it aint for hardware Im happy if they get all that extra practice and stayhealthy

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First year with no qb and very little o line you expected to win? Ok I like your confidence but let me know when you want to wager money..........Like I said about the bowl games. if it aint for hardware Im happy if they get all that extra practice and stayhealthy
I'm not saying I expect us to go 3 for 3. But at the same time I don't expect us to go zero for 3.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
fck michigan. SOS sh#t bed against NDame in the sugar bowl early on......but he fixed it........If the bowl game aint for something besides a cheap watch and a visit to Bush Gardens I aint gonna wet my drawers over it. FSU and BAMA were the class of NCAA fb last year and with any fckn offense at all we hang with fsu...............First year with no QB and little oline we didnt do too bad........
UF lead in that Sugar bowl with 13:45 left in the game. Czyzewski's fifth field goal of the game gave the Gators a 22–17 lead with just 13:45 remaining

How is that shytting the bed? Mac's guys did not even bother to show up. Last year's defense was ELITE. I think this year's is behind last year's and next year's is going to be very average at best. Your comparison is a poor one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.