Win/Loss Record expectations for 2015

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n125098 said:
I'll wait till after we see how we do in recruiting and after the spring game. For now I'll say UF, with a decent HC, should always win 8-9 games minimum. Those should be the down years, Championships should be the norm. He'll get a year or two for the transition then after that it better be business as usual in Atlanta annually.

Screw 8. 9 is the absolute minimum. We play at least 13 games with the bowl these days.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n125069 said:
I'll wait to see if we find anyone to play OL. If we roll out Mary T. Moore, Rod Johnson, and 3 tuba players, I'm not going to be too optimistic.
really! i thot mary was leaving though i doubt she will be missed.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You play one game at a time. You try to win them all. I hate predicting that we will lose games before they are played.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Since this is impossible I will start with some very simple, easily attainable goals (I think)
1, More offensive touchdowns in SEC games > than the # of league games which is 8
2. More rushing TD's than fumbles.
3. More passing TD's than INT's.
4. Less Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and personal foul penalties (after the play only) than total # of games.
5. Only once per game a D-lineman who is lined up directly opposite an O-lineman comes free, untouched into the backfield.

Those are for starters. I don;t want to aim too high. Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Well, he will be installing a brand new offense so I wouldnt go expecting the offense to be lights out next year, especially with the question marks at offensive line, receiver, tight end and quarterback. Our only known quantity is running backs, which are pretty good. Im hoping everybody understands this and doesnt jump off a cliff every week if we're not hanging half a hundred on everybody yet.

Also, his offenses at Bama were anything but flashy and fun, they were powerful and efficient. I dont know how flashy his offense at CSU was, but I really dont care about "exciting" offense, I care about an effective one that can put up points.

One thing running backs will like is his use of a feature back that can get some impressive stats instead of dividing up all the stats between 2 or 3 backs. Not that the 2nd and 3rd back didnt get their carries mixed in, but one back got the majority of the snaps. Everybody wants to be that feature back, nobody dreams of going to a big program to split carries 3 ways.

I would say a reasonable number of wins in the first season is 9, no fewer than 8. Anything more is gravy.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
9 wins is attainable.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The thought of watching a fun, productive offense again is almost too much to even imagine. I'll wait to make a prediction until the the O&B game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
8-9. I'm skeptical about our OL.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll have a very similar record to this year maybe slightly better if we hire a good DC. Our Oline is going to be ****ing ugly next year and we'll be lucky to get anything going on O regardless of who is coaching if we don't get that fixed.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n125040 said:
Oline will have the final say in this

Yup. This is the key.

Unfortunately, we will be woefully shorthanded which does not bode well for us in the near future no matter who the coach is.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what I think we have coming back for our O-line I'll say 8-4. On the other hand if Tyler Moore comes to his senses and stays for his senior season I'll say 6-6.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We would have won 7 this year if not for mother nature. That was with no offense. We should have beaten USCe and LSU. Any turn around on offense may have us playing for the SEC championship.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n125283 said:
Based on what I think we have coming back for our O-line I'll say 8-4. On the other hand if Tyler Moore comes to his senses and stays for his senior season I'll say 6-6.
:lmao:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The heavy hand of the previous regime is gone...the O-line is going to be fine now that they can be coached properly. I have high expectations for this team under the tutelage of a positive head coach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia loses a lot of players on both sides, aswell as south Carolina. I doubt Missouri can reload 4 years in a row plus their qb is terrible. I expect us to have the best defensive line and secondary in the country. If mclwain can inject some life into our offense we should win the east. And definitely beat an fsu team that is losing everyone.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Home - New Mexico State (they are I-A, Sun Belt), W
Home - East Carolina, W
Away - Kentucky, W (the beat-down goes on and on and on)
Home - Tennessee, W ( and on)
Home - Mr. Freeze (Ole Miss), I bet this is a W, they lose their QB, but could be a toss-up
Away - Mizzou, toss-up
Away - LSU, toss-up
Jax - UGA, W (they have to break in a new QB, and we shut down RB Chubb this year)
Home - Vandy, W
Away - SC, toss-up
Home - FAU, W
Home - FSU, toss-up

I count seven wins, although, of all of them, watch out for E Carolina, they sure put a whupping on Va Tech and UNC this year. I really don't count any sure losses, and think some of those toss-ups could definitely be wins. Let's see how our O-Line shapes up, and who takes over at QB.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I think we'll be fine at tackle with Sharpe and Johnson. But will need some guys to step up in the interior. Hoping the young guys are living in the weight room. Anyone know if any of this year's o-line commits are early enrollees? Losing 2 of last year's o-line recruits career's to injuries really hurts. We'll need to oversign the position this year. Definitely can't afford any injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.