Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz commits to Gators

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can’t special exceptions be made for talented QB’s? What kind of football program are we running here?

I don’t think it’s actually academic as in bad grades. I think his courses don’t translate to any degree we offer based on what I read Tuesday. Last name is McCall, so I’m sure it’s been mostly drinking and bar fights up to this point. In any event, this is a new wrinkle to have to consider in the transfer portal world.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Neither of the transfers have actually been added to the Florida roster yet. The linebacker is still at Ohio State and will play the bowl games. The other one is not even in the portal yet.

They were both supposed to be kept on the down low. But Edgar Thompson needed to be the first one with the information so badly that he leaked it before one of them was even in the portal. And neither of them wanted the information out.

So everything is kind of up in the air right now.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
There was a rumor that there would be another QB announce after his bowl. Not sure who that would be. Would not be surprised if we added one.
My guess would be Pratt from Tulane but he said he would be stick.

Napier knows him from ULLA and he's from Florida.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Neither of the transfers have actually been added to the Florida roster yet. The linebacker is still at Ohio State and will play the bowl games. The other one is not even in the portal yet.

They were both supposed to be kept on the down low. But Edgar Thompson needed to be the first one with the information so badly that he leaked it before one of them was even in the portal. And neither of them wanted the information out.

He’s the absolute worst. Anyone remember the interview in 2020 where Edgar asked Trask a question, and you could clearly see the disdain in his facial expression the moment that whiny voice was started? If KT, one of the most humble, likable kids to ever play here hates your guts, you officially suck at life.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I heard on a podcast today that McCall is an academic issue. Just like it was at Auburn. There are no specifics, but it looks like they were having issues getting approved to get him in.

What about Pratt? I would’ve liked to have gotten Sanders over Mertz even. There are a lot of options I’d take over Mertz tbh

Hope I’m wrong (would be a first)

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He’s the absolute worst. Anyone remember the interview in 2020 where Edgar asked Trask a question, and you could clearly see the disdain in his facial expression the moment that whiny voice was started? If KT, one of the most humble, likable kids to ever play here hates your guts, you officially suck at life.

Kinda like me and how I feel about @URGatorBait. Takes a lot for me not to like somebody

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I just don't understand how that's not a fireable offense. Seriously. Edgar's a fukboy anyway. Needs to go cover fsu

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't understand how that's not a fireable offense. Seriously. Edgar's a fukboy anyway. Needs to go cover fsu
He needs his ass kicked. In the old days he's the guy they put on the front lines and then everyone else took two giant steps backwards when the enemy charged. Anyone here a recruiter?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Mertz is a caliber of qb similar to treon harris, skyler morningwood, Austin applebee, jack Miller, Emory Jones, etc.
He is a terrible qb and take. There is no excuse for it.
I'm okay with him as a 1-year stop gab measure. You need experienced guys with lots of experience throwing INTs to help the young kids learn. But less than 60% completion percentage--- red flag.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don’t think it’s actually academic as in bad grades. I think his courses don’t translate to any degree we offer based on what I read Tuesday. Last name is McCall, so I’m sure it’s been mostly drinking and bar fights up to this point. In any event, this is a new wrinkle to have to consider in the transfer portal world.
I believe we have a "bar fights and bad decisions" coordinator now. They're a key part of Napier's staff army.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
How hard is it to create a new degree? (And stop judging the drinking and bar fights thing; it’s what our people do.)
What’s clear to me is that winning football is no longer a priority at UF.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Didn't Napier say something along the lines of adding one more QB through the portal and then a PWO over the next couple of weeks? Then about an hour later it's announced Mertz is transferring in on scholarship. Hopefully Napier misspoke and meant 2 scholarship transfers and a PWO, if not it's looking like we've got our QB for next year and he's almost as bad as Miller.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
How hard is it to create a new degree? (And stop judging the drinking and bar fights thing; it’s what our people do.)
What’s clear to me is that winning football is no longer a priority at UF.
You're finally starting to get it. Accepting that makes everything else easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.