Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz commits to Gators

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Spencer Sanders from Okie State and Slovis from Pitt(by way of USCw) both entered the portal today.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like plenty of QB's in the portal that UF could take one or two until Rashada is ready.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I've sold to the ath dept at UWF for years and based on what I saw & heard up here within the ath dept and watching games and practices---Reed has been the real deal since his first snap. The kid is pretty smart to begin with and his learning curve would be shorter than some others. First game he would be further ahead than AR is now. He can read defenses much better than AR can now or has ever been able to. Granted, he hasn't faced SEC defenses but the kid has that "it" factor where going through his progressions flow quick and natural. One thing that helped is he had several excellent receivers to work with at UWF as well. Actually better than we've had at UF, especially the year they (UWF) won their NC. I'd love to see him transfer to UF. The kind that would actually "go get the ball".

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't watched the western Kentucky kid play but that seems like it would be one hell of a pick up. 2nd in the nation in yards. Completed 64% of his throws and went 36/10 . National Championship winners at the d2 level.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't watched the western Kentucky kid play but that seems like it would be one hell of a pick up. 2nd in the nation in yards. Completed 64% of his throws and went 36/10 . National Championship winners at the d2 level.
Watch that highlight video above. He’s a gunslinger.

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
Watched the video, nearly every touchdown was highly contested. Would be nice to have a QB that does not need the receiver to be wide open before he throws.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like a he could be a good pickup for UF. Bring him in and give time for the new 'croots to get into the rebuild.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I see we’re already talking ourselves into a D2 QB :lol:

My opinion may be the outlier here, but I don’t really care who we bring in, and I’m not even completely sure I want them to be the starter for all of 2023. In two weeks we sign our number one objective QB. I would like to see him with a significant role next year, regardless of the lumps we take with him. I know there is the prevailing thought that Napier has no time window, but that’s simply not realistic. Going into ‘23 with a completely unproven red shirt freshman QB is not ideal, especially if we aren’t good next season. Even Zook almost avoided getting fired in 2004 strictly because of his sophomore QB. Things change quickly and we need Rashada playing very soon.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Drake May reportedly hitting the portal. Would be my #1 choice, but he’ll probably transfer to Bama, UGA or something like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator