Would Florida go to the playoff if they won the SEC title?

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I don't drink, and it's way too early for :bandit:. Every P5 team in the entire country would have to have at least 1 loss for any 2 loss team to ever be considered for a playoff birth. It would take a very weird season for that to happen.

its never too early to smoke and if all the schools nutted up and stopped scheduling p5 and FCS there’s plenty of scenarios for 2 loss teams to get in

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
its never too early to smoke and if all the schools nutted up and stopped scheduling p5 and FCS there’s plenty of scenarios for 2 loss teams to get in
+1 we need 2 loss teams with tough schedules instead of cup cake schedule teams

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dickhead, it doesn't say 07 on the fvkking stadium. It was the 06 season and the 06 Sugar Bowl.

Are you new to football?

The stadium is technically wrong.

BTW, we didn’t go to the ‘07 Sugar. LSU did. We were in the desert playing Ohio State.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC champ gets in, even with two losses. If UGA were to lose to A&M and beat an unbeaten LSU in ATL, they'd get the 4 slot.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
I'm not saying we should be in. We lost to #1 and #4 ( both winnable). But who the F has Clemson played? What's the highest rated team they've played? They literally played ucf's schedule

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not saying we should be in. We lost to #1 and #4 ( both winnable). But who the F has Clemson played? What's the highest rated team they've played? They literally played ucf's schedule
Even though my post was dumb and probably 1 in a million chance happening. This is exactly what I was getting at. Technically it's supposed to be 4 best teams but in reality it's 4 teams with one or 0 losses which is dictated by how easy their schedule is and conferences they are in.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even though my post was dumb and probably 1 in a million chance happening. This is exactly what I was getting at. Technically it's supposed to be 4 best teams but in reality it's 4 teams with one or 0 losses which is dictated by how easy their schedule is and conferences they are in.

And this is exactly why I keep saying it's ridiculous to want to make our schedules even tougher than they already are. 2 losses basically ensures you won't make it to the play-offs. Easy schedules won't keep an undefeated P5 team from the playoffs, or like an SEC team with only 1 loss. 2 losses and you're out unless something really weird happens. I see no advantage to increasing the difficulty of our already tough SEC schedule. I don't care if we never travel beyond Mizzou and Arky on the odd years. The SEC is tough enough to get an undefeated team to the play-offs, or even a 1 loss SEC champ. Other conferences don't have that same schedule difficulty without scheduling games outside their conference. They need us way more than we need them.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
And this is exactly why I keep saying it's ridiculous to want to make our schedules even tougher than they already are. 2 losses basically ensures you won't make it to the play-offs. Easy schedules won't keep an undefeated P5 team from the playoffs, or like an SEC team with only 1 loss. 2 losses and you're out unless something really weird happens. I see no advantage to increasing the difficulty of our already tough SEC schedule. I don't care if we never travel beyond Mizzou and Arky on the odd years. The SEC is tough enough to get an undefeated team to the play-offs, or even a 1 loss SEC champ. Other conferences don't have that same schedule difficulty without scheduling games outside their conference. They need us way more than we need them.
I’m just making a guess here but I bet they’re forecasting an 8 team playoff or some rule change that will necessitate a more robust, non-FCS laden schedule. Nothing to prove that but I think it’s a pretty safe bet.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m just making a guess here but I bet they’re forecasting an 8 team playoff or some rule change that will necessitate a more robust, non-FCS laden schedule. Nothing to prove that but I think it’s a pretty safe bet.

I don't think I've ever witnessed a top 10 where any of the 6-10 would stand a chance against the top 3 or 4. There's generally a pretty steep drop-off after the top 2-3 teams. Going to 8 teams would be ridiculous and allow someone to get lucky and win a NC without actually deserving it imo.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don't think I've ever witnessed a top 10 where any of the 6-10 would stand a chance against the top 3 or 4. There's generally a pretty steep drop-off after the top 2-3 teams. Going to 8 teams would be ridiculous and allow someone to get lucky and win a NC without actually deserving it imo.
I’m not arguing for or against a playoff expansion. Just stating that I think AD’s are scheduling these matchups in anticipation of an 8 team playoff or some other major rule change. Rest assured - something is driving this sudden change in scheduling - they wouldn’t be changing if something wasn’t driving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.