2014 Video: OU RB Joe Mixon Punches Female Student

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Terribly vicious -- broke several facial bones.
Video shows immediate aftermath was concussion symptoms.
This deserves severe criminal prosecution.
Is this, once again, connected to drunken behavior?

You know that they would have to charge the woman more severely right? What he did was really wrong and bad...but in the court of law it's self defense because she was the instigator 2 times physically before he hit her.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The fact that he probably didn't have a Daddy who would have hit him harder than he hit her growing up is the biggest problem.....Children don't know self control, children have to be taught self control....

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
She was violent and stupid. He was more violent and more stupid.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
After a few looks, seems to me she hit the corner of the table with her face on the way down. Far more likely the fractures came from that.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
There are two parts to this, legal and moral/ethical. Legal, sure both are at fault. Ethically and morally, there is no way anyone should accept his behavior. There should be no caveats, no qualifying statements of "yea but she shouldnt have pushed him".

Yet the university and some posters on this board are sanctioning this. Sigh...

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I asked strictly about the law. What does the LAW say? Is there supposed to be consideration based on gender? Consideration for "stronger" vs "weaker"?

Any of our legal eagles/LEO types know?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think some are missing the point. I don't think anyone is condoning hitting a woman, I believe the point is that equal rights means equal rights. It doesn't mean equal rights when it works to my advantage and special exceptions when it does not.
I could make the same argument about another special interest group in this country that wants things both ways as well.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
There are two parts to this, legal and moral/ethical. Legal, sure both are at fault. Ethically and morally, there is no way anyone should accept his behavior. There should be no caveats, no qualifying statements of "yea but she shouldnt have pushed him".

Yet the university and some posters on this board are sanctioning this. Sigh...

I don't think anyone is saying he should have hit her...just that legally he has a right to defend himself. Should he have...no. But according to the law, he is not going to jail or face severe criminal penalties. No one has the right to physically attack someone else. Male or female.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anyone is saying he should have hit her...just that legally he has a right to defend himself. Should he have...no. But according to the law, he is not going to jail or face severe criminal penalties. No one has the right to physically attack someone else. Male or female.
He could have defended himself in a myriad of other ways besides knocking her out.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I asked strictly about the law. What does the LAW say? Is there supposed to be consideration based on gender? Consideration for "stronger" vs "weaker"?

Any of our legal eagles/LEO types know?
My novice understanding is the use of force equal to the threat that was made. Like in florida and the stand your ground law, you are permitted to use deadly force if you reasonably felt that your life was in danger. The law makes no distinction between male versus female, big or small, only in the context of proof of threat. So ya, its different if it was a 220lb female MMA fighter that did the shoving versus a drunk blonde sorority girl.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Clearly the first thing that needs to happen in any investigation of an altercation is to inspect the genitalia of the combatants.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I don't much give a flying fck what his or her legal rights were, you never under any circumstances hit a woman. There are probably over dozen other ways he could have handled that, but he handled it like the true pussy @ss coward that he is.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After a few looks, seems to me she hit the corner of the table with her face on the way down. Far more likely the fractures came from that.
So you're blaming the table and not the punch that caused her to hit it?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is a bad video, especially the part where her Bible goes flying across the lounge.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Didn't watch the video but I'm sure it's bad. I agree with soflagator on this one. This generation is to dependant on poor music and media showing them that it's ok to do these kinds of things. Yes the media tells us it's bad but they continue to show these kinds of things on espn ect. Then nothing ever happens to these thugs other than paying out money. They are never put in prison or given a sentence so dumba$$es think they will get away with it as well. My fear is its only going to get worse

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
So you're blaming the table and not the punch that caused her to hit it?

Blame? The video, to me speaks for itself. It appears it's far more likely the impact of her face hitting the corner of the table on the way down actually caused the fractures. Of course, she wouldn't have fallen if he hadn't hit her. Did that really need to be explained to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator