2014 Video: OU RB Joe Mixon Punches Female Student

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
I don't condone a beat down on someone who is obviously weaker than you, but on the other hand, when you [get drunk and] physically attack someone you give up some of your rights and expose yourself to quite a bit of risk.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't condone a beat down on someone who is obviously weaker than you, but on the other hand, when you [get drunk and] physically attack someone you give up some of your rights and expose yourself to quite a bit of risk.

When you're blitzed out of your mind, you're said to be falling-down drunk; he helped her fall down.
However, the result of his slugging her could have caused her death?
That is scary stuff.
He should have just pulled her hair.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And yet she made a choice...

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I don't care about the name calling. The racial slur is an easy excuse and no one should excuse his behavior for that.

On the other hand he was the victim of a crime. Another old fashion view is that if you want to be treated like a lady act like a lady. Not everyone was a lady in the old days, there have always been rough and tumble women in the world.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So let me see if I understand this correctly....

Mixon was a Freshman at OU in 2014. He punches a girl in 2014 which led to his suspension for the 2014 season. What's to say he was even going to plan in 2014 and not Redshirt? Was this really a Redshirt year disguised as a suspension?

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
So let me see if I understand this correctly....

Mixon was a Freshman at OU in 2014. He punches a girl in 2014 which led to his suspension for the 2014 season. What's to say he was even going to plan in 2014 and not Redshirt? Was this really a Redshirt year disguised as a suspension?

Bingo

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Good thing about this apology is it clearly wasn't some canned, written response. It seemed heartfelt and it seems as if he learned his lesson. Time will tell if he actually has, but I'll give him credit for the apology.
I'm sure he s very sorry that he was caught on film.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
So, Mixon follows this girl and her gay friend into this restaurant to continue harassing him and somehow people are defending him punching her because of her slap?
Wtf does equal rights have to do with this? Mixon could have walked away before the slap ever happened...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
We really have lost our way as a society. I am just so disheartened by the support that this guy is getting!! She shouldnt have slapped him, she called him names, she shoved him...blah blah blah. Folks say this to justify their own lack of character. These qualifying statements of "yeah....but". There is no yeah...but!!! This is someone that lacks ethics, characters and morals. There was no threat that she posed that justified the use of force. Sad, just sad.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
All 5'7" 130 lbs of her packs a powerful slap... lol

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure he s very sorry that he was caught on film.
Just getting all this out before the combine... All part of the lawyers plan... when asked about it last year he did not regret a thing.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good thing about this apology is it clearly wasn't some canned, written response. It seemed heartfelt and it seems as if he learned his lesson. Time will tell if he actually has, but I'll give him credit for the apology.

Except this tearful, heartfelt apology comes over 2 years later, only AFTER the release of the video. Color me unconvinced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator