2014 Video: OU RB Joe Mixon Punches Female Student

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blame? The video, to me speaks for itself. It appears it's far more likely the impact of her face hitting the corner of the table on the way down actually caused the fractures. Of course, she wouldn't have fallen if he hadn't hit her. Did that really need to be explained to you?
Well he didn't knock her out, he knocked her down. Maybe that's why he had to have help at RB this year.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't much give a flying fck what his or her legal rights were, you never under any circumstances hit a woman. There are probably over dozen other ways he could have handled that, but he handled it like the true pussy @ss coward that he is.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Although I would replace "coward" with "piece of sh!t"

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He could have defended himself in a myriad of other ways besides knocking her out.

It's clear he goaded her into the altercation, and "bowed up" after she pushed him away that elicited her slap. Of course, after being "disrespected" like that, he had no choice but to knock her out, amiright? What would his boys say if he didn't? I'm sure the "win at all costs" crowd sees no problem with his reinstatement - hell, he should have gotten a 2-3 game suspension, not a whole year!

Jun 2, 2015
Patiently waiting on the people to show up and defend him because she pushed him first.
Patiently waiting on the people to show up and defend him because she pushed him first.

Sasquatch, don't want to disappoint. Mixon stated there were racial slurs and spitting involved. She denies it but she appears drunk and did shove and threw the first punch or slap so she does have some responsibility/culpability. She is completely stupid to not expect some sort of retaliation. You simply cannot expect to shove & slap/hit people (regadless of gender) and not get yourself into a mess. I bet in the future she will keep her hands to herself. A lady she is not!!! She has a civil suit against him. If I were a judge or juror, I would dismiss it. IMHO, I have no problem with his punishment, (and no I don't think he should have been dismissed from the team) but I think she should receive some sort of punishment also. BTW, I am a female and a real old one at that. I do commend you guys for your chilvary.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My take is probably wasted on you macho-studs on here, but women actually like sensitive guys.
Every time I have sex I cry -- I think it's the mace though.
Reminded me of Lethal Weapon:

Sergeant McCaskey: You know, Roger, you are way behind the times. The guys of the 80s aren't tough. They are sensitive people. Show a little emotion to a woman and **** like that. I think I'm an '80s man...
Roger Murtaugh: How do you figure?
Sergeant McCaskey: Last night I cried in bed. So how is that?
Roger Murtaugh: Were you with a woman?
Sergeant McCaskey: I was alone. Why do you think I cried?

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Wow, this is a tough one. I was enraged when I first saw the video. However:
  • Being drunk does not give someone a license to act stupidly and/or attack someone.
  • She attacked him first (at least physically).
  • He has a right to defend himself.
  • He overreacted, but if racial slurs and spit were involved, on top of the physical attack, I'm sure he was VERY angry.
  • I cannot defend either one of them. It is just a terrible situation.
  • It would be a good thing if an athlete like him could have just walked away. Just report it and let the police handle it. I think athletes and other strong people have to be mindful of their physical superiority and not beat the crap out of a weaker person just because they can justify it. With great ability comes great responsibility.
  • Personally I could never justify striking a woman that way. I guess I'm just old fashioned.
  • It is hard to say who is more to blame. I think his punishment might actually have been too harsh since she attacked him first. Moral of the story: Do not get drunk and attack someone much stronger than you.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sasquatch, don't want to disappoint. Mixon stated there were racial slurs and spitting involved. She denies it but she appears drunk and did shove and threw the first punch or slap so she does have some responsibility/culpability. She is completely stupid to not expect some sort of retaliation. You simply cannot expect to shove & slap/hit people (regadless of gender) and not get yourself into a mess. I bet in the future she will keep her hands to herself. A lady she is not!!! She has a civil suit against him. If I were a judge or juror, I would dismiss it. IMHO, I have no problem with his punishment, (and no I don't think he should have been dismissed from the team) but I think she should receive some sort of punishment also. BTW, I am a female and a real old one at that. I do commend you guys for your chilvary.
Maybe he'll learn to walk away next time. She was definitely instigating and acting like a b*tch, but what good came out of cold cocking her? Just walk away and literally nobody (outside of those in the room) knows about this incident.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
We really have lost our way as a society. I am just so disheartened by the support that this guy is getting!! She shouldnt have slapped him, she called him names, she shoved him...blah blah blah. Folks say this to justify their own lack of character. These qualifying statements of "yeah....but". There is no yeah...but!!! This is someone that lacks ethics, characters and morals. There was no threat that she posed that justified the use of force. Sad, just sad.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
If that's my daughter, he's dead and I am in prison..........PERIOD! Good luck getting on an NFL roster idiot. Ray Rice can't find a job. Stoops is a piss of **** for letting him return as well.

But had he grabbed her in the pussy and called her a pig and voted republican he'd be kicked out of school.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We really have lost our way as a society. I am just so disheartened by the support that this guy is getting!! She shouldnt have slapped him, she called him names, she shoved him...blah blah blah. Folks say this to justify their own lack of character. These qualifying statements of "yeah....but". There is no yeah...but!!! This is someone that lacks ethics, characters and morals. There was no threat that she posed that justified the use of force. Sad, just sad.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln

^^ All of this ^^

I just don't get it. I'm with you. This bullshît, "yeah...but" is unbelievable. I guaran-fxcking-tee you that he could of pull a gun and shot her in the face and some on here would say, "yeah... but she called him names and hit him first".

And what's with this, "He has a right to defend himself"? From what? What does he need to defend himself from, A blonde spitting drunk chick?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the logic by a lot of those claiming he retaliated in self defense, but it's blatantly clear that she posed no physical threat to the kid regardless of what kind of attacks were thrown at him. I've been in a couple situations in the past with an ex-girlfriend and a friend I was hanging out with in which they've gotten aggressive and attempted to slap or hit me. It NEVER once occurred to me to respond by hitting back as I couldn't possibly feel threatened enough to defend myself in that way. In one situation, I simply restrained her to stop her from attacking me and she eventually calmed down. In the other situation, I walked away from my friend and drove home. If I'm at least 50 lbs lighter than Mixon and I'm capable of controlling myself, I highly doubt he felt endangered enough to respond to anything this girl did in self defense. It's just an idiotic way to react. In my opinion, he should have lost his scholarship over this. Period. I just can't justify this kind of violent reaction by any guy, especially one that is so physically superior. Incredibly poor decision and horrible judgement by the young man. No good can ever come from slugging a woman.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the logic by a lot of those claiming he retaliated in self defense, but it's blatantly clear that she posed no physical threat to the kid regardless of what kind of attacks were thrown at him. I've been in a couple situations in the past with an ex-girlfriend and a friend I was hanging out with in which they've gotten aggressive and attempted to slap or hit me. It NEVER once occurred to me to respond by hitting back as I couldn't possibly feel threatened enough to defend myself in that way. In one situation, I simply restrained her to stop her from attacking me and she eventually calmed down. In the other situation, I walked away from my friend and drove home. If I'm at least 50 lbs lighter than Mixon and I'm capable of controlling myself, I highly doubt he felt endangered enough to respond to anything this girl did in self defense. It's just an idiotic way to react. In my opinion, he should have lost his scholarship over this. Period. I just can't justify this kind of violent reaction by any guy, especially one that is so physically superior. Incredibly poor decision and horrible judgement by the young man. No good can ever come from slugging a woman.

Exactly! She may have made him mad, but she couldn't hurt him! He wasn't defending himself because there was no threat. He could have just restrained her or walked away. No reason to punch her. He broke her jaw. Should she have put her hands on him... absolutely NOT, but he was in no danger.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

When I was stationed in Germany I was in the "club" on post one night and there was a table next to mine that 2 couples were sitting at and one of the guys who was also a soldier was getting loud and arguing with his wife. I was getting irritated and just kept quiet. About an hour went by and he kept pouring them down (so was I) and all the sudden he reaches over and backhand slaps his wife and hard too. I stood up and literally dove across their table and landed on top of him and we were rolling on the floor. When the bouncer pulled me off of him, I had my hands wrapped around his throat and others said he was turning colors. I was thrown out the back door and I heard they called the MPs on him. My dad was a major alcoholic that used to beat up my mom. No excuse for it. This guy was in no danger.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The guy's first mistake was going inside after her. If she had done what it says outside, then he was already mad going in. Then if you add the possibility of drinking, ..not good. He was wrong, for sure,

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014

I don't understand the logic. A women slaps you in the face and you are a D1 football player with 10x her strength and you think that the proper defense is THAT? That's no different imo that thinking you have a right to shoot someone because they flipped you the bird for cutting them off. Different physical damage of course but the mindset is the same. First he stuck around and stayed in there to escalate the situation and from his posture he was waiting to hit someone, just needed an excuse.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
he should have just walked away. Nothing good was coming out of that situation.. nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator