2016 College World Series

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Well it's 2 and a Q for the orange and blue. Overconfidence and gluttony are horrible things to waste.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still waiting for the usual, holier-than-thou "we have the most entitled fans" post, followed by a Like from the same three people. I'm a little disappointed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here's another question: if baseball managers have no impact on the game, then why throw millions at Sully to make sure he stays?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll eat your shorts if more than 2% of the Gator Nation even knew there was a game tonight.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still waiting for the usual, holier-than-thou "we have the most entitled fans" post, followed by a Like from the same three people. I'm a little disappointed.
They only come out when there's still hope. When the inevitable happens, they don't know what else to do.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Listen, I love being top 5 most seasons, consistently beating our rivals and consistently making it to Omaha, but id be disingenuous if I said I don't think we've plateaued. There is obviously something different about this tourney and sully just hasn't got a grasp of it.

For starters, I haven't seen one single game we've played in Omaha where it looked like we were enjoying the moment and the experience, even games we won in the past.

Coastal players were loose and having a blast, we looked like someone killed the bat boy on the way to the stadium. It was a 1 run game.

I also think our approach to batting is incorrect for multiple reasons as well but that's a different topic for a different time.

Bottom line, this team plays like its got the weight of the world on its shoulders and they are never gonna win that way. Sully either figures out how to get these kids to have fun, play loose and enjoy the moment or the disappointment will continue.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Listen, I love being top 5 most seasons, consistently beating our rivals and consistently making it to Omaha, but id be disingenuous if I said I don't think we've plateaued. There is obviously something different about this tourney and sully just hasn't got a grasp of it.

For starters, I haven't seen one single game we've played in Omaha where it looked like we were enjoying the moment and the experience, even games we won in the past.

Coastal players were loose and having a blast, we looked like someone killed the bat boy on the way to the stadium. It was a 1 run game.

I also think our approach to batting is incorrect for multiple reasons as well but that's a different topic for a different time.

Bottom line, this team plays like its got the weight of the world on its shoulders and they are never gonna win that way. Sully either figures out how to get these kids to have fun, play loose and enjoy the moment or the disappointment will continue.
We are the Oregon Ducks version of a baseball team.

Or Gonzaga of Basketball. Sully's like Mark Few.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Was there a volleyball game tonight or something? WTF are you guys talking about?

Oh. Baseball. Ok.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We've a ways to go to catch FSU with an 0 for 21.
Yes, both Mike Martin and Sully are the Mark Richts of baseball. They win too many games to fire. Neither will ever win a championship. Martin will retire or drop dead first and Sully will continue to under perform at crunch time. Both are obviously great recruiters. Sully's attitude is the same with every CWS exit -- a kind of a "We're just happy to be here." Pitiful, just pitiful.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I have no doubt we will win one under Sully. While I don't agree that managers have little impact, you could say the reason we throw all that money at him to stay is for the talent he brings in.

Baseball is an odd game fellas. Sometimes bats go silent against good pitching in a large park. We will be back next year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sully is going to have to learn that small ball and manufacturing runs any way you possibly can in certain situations is a necessary evil to winning championships. Unless he adapts, I don't believe we'll ever go all the way. Simple as that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have no doubt we will win one under Sully. While I don't agree that managers have little impact, you could say the reason we throw all that money at him to stay is for the talent he brings in.

Baseball is an odd game fellas. Sometimes bats go silent against good pitching in a large park. We will be back next year.
I have no doubt we won't. Ever under him. Av bet.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

I like this for that avatar alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.